Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Venau Augur

The ability to take in more of raids. To enjoy the entire event and visually experience more of what's happening.....instead of focusing on my DoT rotation consisting of 72 spells! Necro DoT revamp anyone?
  2. Angahran Augur

Obviously they would agro if attacked, just have them behave as if they were 'threatening' instead of 'kos'.

Why unkillable ?
    I can kill them without even thinking about it, it's just annoying running through a low level zone, forgetting to invis and getting ping pong summoned.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I was specifically talking about removing summoning (which is why I re-quoted only that) the agro is a separate thing. (if you wern't aggro... summoning wouldn't be an issue. Also this is not a statement in support or against grey not going aggro.)
  4. Boze TLP complaint factory

Idea inspired by the "free stuff" thread (someone asked for a quest item only bag): being able to assign filters for bags by item type. E.g., we have a bunch of TS-only bags, what about if I could toggle a bag's ability to contain only, or all other types except, things like quest items, no drop items, etc. Would help with inventory management late-game when we're full of giant bags.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Jumbur like this.
  5. kizant Augur

Removing summon from any mob would be a dumb idea.
  6. Password1234 Augur

That a mob that wouldn't have given me experience 40 levels ago can have complete control over my movement because the random number generator decided that I should riposte as I ran by trying to ignore it is also a dumb idea, tbh.
    Caell and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  7. svann Augur

fishing trophy!
    Caell likes this.
  8. kizant Augur

Being summoned can be very useful tho.
  9. Dewhead Journeyman

Instead of removing summoning completely, could you at least add a debuff component that does nothing other than prevent you from being summoned by a different mob again for 10-15 seconds? This should apply to all mobs, not just grey cons.

There is little more frustrating than pulling a number of mobs and then being ping-ponged around because each of them has their own summon timer - mobs will summon you ridiculously short distances as well rather than moving forward the two steps to strike you - this can then cause your back to be turned to other mobs, cause you to become disoriented (especially when it's 4 or 5 summons in a row) and interrupts abilities/casts.
  10. Aurastrider Augur

And here I am getting upset when I enter an old zone to farm and mobs don't attack me. Personally I love the fact that I can round up a ton of mobs in a zone I am essentially forced to farm for a quest or to get mats for things like the artisans prize. Having to target each mob one at a time or try to hit them with AOE or beam type spells just seems like a pita. Throw up an invis or outrun them which should be rather easy for all of those older zones. Equip a couple steins and make a bandolier if you are concerned about riposte damage and getting summoned.
    Daedly likes this.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

I mentioned it in another thread, but the various (somethings unity) lines. Such as Saints Unity (cleric) should add your aura's. Maybe not for some casters who have to choose which aura, but most classes have either 1 aura, or 2 aura's that they'd want up at all times.
    Daedly likes this.
  12. DaciksBB Augur

You can stop all ripostes by having an item without base damage in your primary hand, if your damage shields are doing enough damage to cause summoning then click them off
  13. slayerofbats Augur

Is anything from this past 44 pages gonna happen?
  14. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

I'd personally like to see a system implemented that gives higher players on top-heavy servers the ability and the incentive to scale to lower levels to group with lower level players. This would address 2 issues; catch-up mechanics and the overwhelming feeling of loneliness that returning or new players face. I get the impression that many people who return to game or are new to it stop playing because they want the social aspect of MMOs which EQ doesn't deliver until you're close to max level.

FF14 has such a system called the daily roulette. It can be done once per day. People of all level-ranges join a queue, and it scales everyone in the group to that of the lowest level person to complete a mission. When the mission is over, it rewards all parties involved with experience commensurate with each person's actual level. It's the best source of xp in the game at all levels, but the ability to do it only once a day ensures that it doesn't get abused or break the game.

I feel like tailoring such a system around currently existing content such as LDONs, DODH missions, and HAs would do wonders for people who return to the game but can't find anyone to group with until max level, and also reduce the need for devs to establish new content for such a system. But it would have to be worth it for max level people or their alts to do it. With the extreme amount of AA's from 100-110, I think 100 AA's or 25% real xp per daily wouldn't exactly be game-breaking, or 50% reg xp for levels 1-100.

I think allowing lower level people to utilize the system more frequently would help with both catch-up and the ability to maintain the social aspect of gaming would also be beneficial. Maybe a scaling system such as lvl 1-10 to do it 10 times per day, 11-20 9 times, 21-30 8 times and so on until you get to 1 per day.

I know this is sort of a pipe dream and I doubt the devs have the resources or manpower to implement it, but I felt it appropriate to convey my ideas given the spirit of the thread. It's just something I'd like to see, but I'm certainly not expecting it.
  15. Risiko Augur

Somethings have already happened.
    Brohg likes this.
  16. Risiko Augur

Bandolier inventory slots

I like the idea of the bandolier, and I use it oftenly with my low level bard. The only thing I don't like is the fact that my weapon sets get tossed around my bags as I use the bandolier. It would be great if there was actual bandolier inventory slots to put your weapons in to instead of them just being pulled/pushed to what ever bag slot happens to be open when you use the bandolier.
    Caell likes this.
  17. slayerofbats Augur

Which ones? And can more happen?
  18. Risiko Augur

And... now I have to read through all 44 pages again. I know I've seen at least one in the past, but my memory fails me which one. Be back in a while after re-reading the thread lol
  19. Risiko Augur

Found it on the first page... Augment Distillers.

In the last patch, they made it so that higher level Augment Distillers will work for removing an augment that required a different lower level augment distiller than you had in your inventory.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  20. Aurmoon Augur

I would love a form of “chase loot exchange” NPC. You hand the NPC a Golden Minstrel’s Belt and you can choose to receive back a different chase belt such as the “Golden Rogue’s Belt” or “Golden Knight’s Belt.”

I’ve only ever seen 8-10 chase loots drop, and three of them were Skyrippers and and one was a Crush. I don’t need no stinkin’ Monk/Beastlord weapons and apparently neither does anyone else on my server!
    Metanis likes this.