Regarding Third Party Cheat Programs

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by EQ Dev, Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I can see the list taking them a while.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

I would expect so. The legal review alone could take a week or more.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. Questjunkie New Member

What I don't understand is how DB didn't predict and prepare for the responses their posting provoked and have the dang list already written.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

There is no "legal" issues for rule postings. More likely is everyone is sitting there going /sigh... we post this and it won't just be FQ. It'll be MegaFQ for days. Maybe we should post it on Friday... let those 10 (or 4!) people rage back and forth for the weekend about it.
    Ronove and Szilent like this.
  5. Lordoro New Member

Official statement:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/using-3rd-party-software.240280/#post-3534900

Please lock this thread until the above statement changes.
    Ronove and Lilpugs~Cazic like this.
  6. xcitng Augur

I'm certain ppl want to know more than is in that statement.

This is a far more recent statement made in this thread:

This ^^^ is what ppl are waiting to see.
    Ronove and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Also don't see the big deal or need for Lordoro to want the thread locked. Are we killing pixels posting here?
    Ronove likes this.
  8. Time Burn Augur

Legitimate boxers by who's definition? People cheat with named spawn detecting maps, afk foraging hacks etc. This stuff files in the face of people who don't use automation in this way, and play within the bounds DB has set up. Not bothering anyone and not cheating can be two very distinct things.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Rules that will involve them banning accounts that people have been paying for MAY have legal ramifications.
    Nennius and Ronove like this.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Its summer and peak vacation time so I don't worry about the game population dropping down a bit. I see fewer online in my guild and they aren't boxers really. It's just summer.

But I have seen one person who uses software never in the cross hairs of DBG play a bit less. So you may have a point about people being nervous.

As for loss of revenue I suspect it would be minimal either way. People would have had to be renewing a sub somehow cash or krono during this week AND they would have had to be someone who felt they had a reason for being nervous AND this is just my opinion have to be on the true box servers. Unless this is pay back for a deal they feel was broken I doubt they will care much about the Live servers.
    Ronove likes this.
  11. NOConcepts New Member

LOL>..seriously? Like those bots would sue. Worst case scenario...give them a little bit of a refund...in Kronos.

There is no law that says that a individual or company must abide by their contract if the second party breaks the rules of the first.
    Ronove likes this.
  12. strongbus Augur

how they set the rules. you break them you get banned. Atm the rules for 3rd party software are very gray in some area and black and white in others. They just going making the gray area black and white by saying what you can and can't do. Why would they need to get the legal department in this. Unless there is some state in the USA that has laws saying a company can't stop a person form using whatever 3rd party software with their software they want then there are no laws to deal with.
    Ronove likes this.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

SOE got bitten in the butt several times on legal issue I suspect DBG wants to avoid the same thing.
    Ronove likes this.
  14. strongbus Augur

I know of a few times that they got hit by CC stuff. Name one time they got in trouble legal with the courts for changing/inforceing in game rules?
    Ronove likes this.
  15. kizant Augur

This whole thread is pretty funny. All they did was issue a blanket statement as a reminder of their policy toward cheating. It's just something they need to do every so often because it helps deter people from trying. Nothing at all has changed.
    Ronove likes this.
  16. Lianeb Augur

When they added sniffer like functions to the client to report to them what else you were running on your system while playing
    Ronove likes this.
  17. strongbus Augur

I know the backlash from the players was bad and though that was what dropped it. Did they get sued or such. Never read anything on that.

But that has nothing to do with changing in game rules or in forcing them. that was just wanting to add something to detect the 3rd party software. which then can do from their end now.

Still how could they get in legal trouble for saying this is what you can and can't do with our game and banning those who break those rules.
    Ronove likes this.
  18. Ronove Lorekeeper

wow, some of you are really sweating bullets
    kizant likes this.
  19. Ronove Lorekeeper

Asking for lists is about the dumbest response to this I can think of!! Just because general chat assured you a third party program was legal doesnt mean squat. You guys are playing stupid. If given a banhammer, you know what you would use it on. Anyone who has made it beyond the tutorial should be held accountable for the add-ons you have chosen to use.
    Maybe try playing the game!
    I wonder if the next expansion is going to have features that may have competition in 3rd party software
    Ghubuk likes this.
  20. xcitng Augur

I don't use any 3rd party programs to box, but it certainly would be nice to know just what i can legally go for if i ever decided to.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.