Regarding Third Party Cheat Programs

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by EQ Dev, Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mediik Augur

I'll check back in another 5-6pages
  2. Adonhiram Augur

I am too lazy to dig through 30 pages, have there been replies or additional statements by the devs beside the OP ?
  3. Ewaz of_E'ci Journeyman

lol you are probably right... however the reason we have 30 pages is the actual written rules read quiet differently then your outlined.

Every player is technically in violation. We're all probably fine running what we assume to be legal, even if its impossible for any of us to be within the guidelines of the rules the way they are written "technically".
  4. Talif Augur

No. Well, the one saying that they're going to post some guidelines eventually.
  5. NeverPayForLag Augur

man... this thread is full of BS.

Everybody who makes statements without really saying which server they are on (TLP or Live) makes useless viewpoints if they generalize everything...

Because you can kiss "your" game good-bye if you point to life servers...
    And it was intended for the oldies who could smoke "their" game years ago when SoE/DGB decided to give mercs out and the boxers a playfield...
    so forget this complete stupid nonsense and grow up...
    to write this line thousand times does not make it more true...

Boxer-Software was there since 10+ years. They will never forbid that and the rules are clear. Countless times recited in this thread and official from DGB site...

There is a difference between boxing and afk-botting...
  6. Adonhiram Augur

Thank you !
    Talif likes this.
  7. Thraine Augur

Basically dont do what the devs dont tell you what to do and you wont get banned .... i think ... :confused:
  8. hubert New Member

I have used the autofire program while AFK in POK to raise spell casting skills
    and in dreadlands to forage tradeskill items while AFK.
    Please feel free to ban my nine accounts.
    I do not feel like a cheater.
  9. hubert New Member

I have used the autofire program while AFK in POK to raise spell casting skills
    and in dreadlands to forage tradeskill items while AFK.
    Please feel free to ban my nine accounts.
    I do not feel like a cheater.
  10. Janakin Augur

Not sure if they have banned for AFK foraging but that's definitely against the rules and could have action taken against the account.

Maybe they should make a preffered server where anything goes like EQ2 did. Move characters who violate their upcoming rules there. Keeps their profit stream flowing.
  11. Ibudin Augur

Must be a whole lot of cheating going on with so many pages of concern here lol.
    menown likes this.
  12. NeverPayForLag Augur

Because the definition, what is cheating has changed over the last 20 years but some outdated and also some self-satisfied people still don't get it today and like to make their own ruleset and want to force everybody to play according to their sick classic-EQ-religious believes... it sounds partly like a sect here....luckily we have no democracy here... if I imagine these people in politics to satisfy their own ego... oh.. wait.... Trump... I forgot...

Automation is not forbidden "per se" so far, doing it while afk/not at the keyboard is... and it will change again if the recommendations from DGB will go public... and we will see how it is working then...

And yes, the most people use some kind of 3rd party program. Heck, there are still several discussed here for decades and now people complain about every program... ridiculous... one of the reasons why I avoid such players in game... and then they complain about nobody wants to group with them.. what a joke..
    code-zero likes this.
  13. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It would be really nice to get a Daybreak response instead of the constant bickering between 10 people.
  14. Warpeace Augur

Is it really even 10 people? I think 4 have made up the most of this and Daybreak has yet to post a naughty and nice list.
  15. NeverPayForLag Augur

10? really?
    I thought some are using multiple accounts to repeat always the same melody... ;)
  16. segap Augur

Did I miss the last vote we had? This is not a democracy. It's a dictatorship with DBG being in charge. They make the rules and we live by them (or at least accept the consequences when caught).
  17. NeverPayForLag Augur

Yep, and I am happy with that...
    Hopefully they read more carefully than others if they read at all that whole crap here...
  18. Lordoro New Member

It’s probably too early to analyze actual loss of revenue but I wonder what impact a week of rules limbo has on the business?

I have several friends that are hesitant logging in since they box 6 or more characters.

It seems like the population has dropped a little bit already.

Either way a thread like this is bound to rattle some people, I just hope it’s the right people and not legitimate boxers who use software they been using for years without bothering anyone while attending...
  19. roth Augur

That’s actually part of the question, isn’t it? Whether that software was legitimately allowed, or merely turned a blind eye towards unless there was rampant cheating going on. The two, contrary to some expectations, are not synonymous.

Boxing is fine. It always was. Botting, not so much. Tell your friends its ok to log in.
  20. Intenso Augur

funny how long it takes for a list they dont know wot they doing?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.