"Grimling Forest - Original population."

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Parsli, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Bandages Elder

While you are on fixing old luclin zones / quests, can you make the "ring of fire" event in acrylia caverns work again? I remember it from long ago as being an entertaining gauntlet event with unique loot drops.
  2. Parsli Journeyman

Hey Prathun,

Has there been any progress on this? If you guys need another programming hand to take a look at the script, there are a bunch of enthusiasts out there that would love to dive into horrible code. (including myself!)
  3. Prathun Developer

The pre-revamp version is up on the Test server, if you want to have a look. :)
    Darchon_Xegony and Parsli like this.
  4. Parsli Journeyman

Hey, I've just checked it out. The revamped version is still on the Test server which includes the 9 camps. Additionally, the 'blue link' text is still there from the live server and then events I have tried appear to be the revamp ones.

Would it be possible to take a look into this? Thanks!
  5. Parsli Journeyman

Still not pre-revamp after the latest test update.
  6. Prathun Developer

At a glance, the logic that sets the version to 1.0 on Test appears to be OK. I'll have to look into it further when time allows.
    Parsli likes this.
  7. Machentoo Augur

When you say things like "The pre-revamp version is up on the Test server" do you make those statements based on what logically SHOULD be up, or do you generally actually confirm that it is in fact up?

Genuinely curious and trying to better understand the process here... No slight intended.
  8. Parsli Journeyman

No worries, this is something you're doing for us, the community. I'm grateful that you're doing it at all.
  9. Prathun Developer

This was something that I had previously verified to be true and didn't expect to change and am still unsure why it changed as the script that handles this hasn't changed.
    Machentoo and Parsli like this.
  10. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Love to see that this got pushed through. I look forward to checking it out once the bug is fixed.

I’d also love to see 1.0 Acrylia Caverns and 1.0 Griegs End available on Test and on Agnarr / other pre-GoD TLP servers at some point. There are some very unique items and events in these original zones.
    Arwyn-RoV likes this.
  11. Prathun Developer

So I had set the zone to revert to version 1.0 on Test until the future, but the future is now and that's why it's using version 2.0. I've set it to wait for MORE future. This change will require a Test patch.
  12. Catashe Augur

Damn them time paradoxes! lol
  13. RandomStrategy Augur

Yo dawg, I heard you like future, so I put future in your future.
    Prathun likes this.
  14. Prathun Developer

Grimling Forest appears to be in version 1.0 on Test now. I'm 95% sure it won't set itself back to version 2.0 until the far flung future.
    Yara_AB, Janakin and Machentoo like this.
  15. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Colonel Sandurz: Try here. Stop.
    Dark Helmet: What the hell am I looking at? When does this happen in the movie?
    Colonel Sandurz: Now. You're looking at now, sir. Everything that happens now, is happening now.
    Dark Helmet: What happened to then?
    Colonel Sandurz: We passed then.
    Dark Helmet: When?
    Colonel Sandurz: Just now. We're at now now.
    Dark Helmet: Go back to then.
    Colonel Sandurz: When?
    Dark Helmet: Now.
    Colonel Sandurz: Now?
    Dark Helmet: Now.
    Colonel Sandurz: I can't.
    Dark Helmet: Why?
    Colonel Sandurz: We missed it.
    Dark Helmet: When?
    Colonel Sandurz: Just now.
    Dark Helmet: When will then be now?
    Colonel Sandurz: Soon.
    Dark Helmet: How soon?
    Janakin and Prathun like this.
  16. Torven New Member

Appreciate your taking the time to allow us to see the game as it was, Prathun.

I have noticed some problems in the reverted zone:

The grimling camps are not repopping slain grimlings. The non-camp spawns function normally. Camp spawns are supposed to become disabled when the raids are active, and then active again when the raid is not active, so it's probably some issue with the raid scripts. They will respawn once when a raid starts and once again after it's over however, which is how the raids are supposed to work, and the one raid I did (Husman) worked fine start to finish.

Also the raid cats don't seem to respawn if you fail a raid. I completed the Husman raid and the cat respawned in town. Then I did it again and had to lose it because of a forced AFK, and the cat never respawned.

Thirdly I did notice that the sonic wolf and owlbear emotes are different than they were on the Al'Kabor server. (I used to play there) Was kind of wondering why that was.
  17. Sazzabi New Member

I did the Husman, Danarin, and Derrin raids without issue. They worked fine.

The only thing I noticed that was off in the zone was the 88 a grimling manawielders stacked on top of a single spawn point in the mines.
  18. Darchon_Xegony Augur

We called it the infinity spawn on Al’Kabor. It was probably a bug but it was very convenient for farming Acrylia.
  19. Everrob New Member

Raid events looks to be working well. The only bug we found is that the Cats will not respawn if you failed the event. So we have to wait until the zone or server reset.