Enc nerf experience from a raid perspective

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Fian, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Drogba Augur

If there's an enc beating kizant, you know that somethings wrong.

I've raided with like 30 different teams in the past few years, I can tell you that there's very few that could even keep up with kizant, sancus or gotcharms at their main classes. Tempted to roll a second caster just to try to weasel my way into that group.
  2. Playful Journeyman

These are not the droids you're looking for. When I stated that enchanters used to beat some kickass dps, I was not referring to him. And the cleric group is where it's at.
  3. Ninelder Augur

We are playing a different game, you are playing raid events in 3-5mins skipping entire phases. You aren't actually experiencing the raid events as they were meant to be played. Most raiders spend much longer at them. The efficiency of anything comes much harder into play, and is soul-crushingly crippling.

I tested this last cactus run that I was able to play my druid. Trying to use dots to dps with all three pots going, glyphs, kiss, staunch and even beating on the mob with a VT hammer to get mana back and the best i could do was 93k, barely making the top 20.

I was talking solely about the dots, either/and in efficiency and damage. In the case of sunray, I wish we could just use the spell we had in VoA instead instead of the current one, same damage in both but 20? times the mana cost now? You try having to recast that every minute for 10plus minutes, while healing or doing anything else, and you will see how out of whack it is. It's a burden most can't afford.

And as I keep repeating, if either class was in good shape, why are the grinder guilds always trying to recruit druids and chanters. What are you doing with the ones you used to have?

When the first three overnerfs hit us we lost 2/3rds of our chanter mains. We didn't have these so called flavour of the month players to replace them with. This is bad development at its most detrimental to the game. Those players didn't switch classes they are gone forever.

This thread seems to have derailed into a sycophant suckfest. Sorry for any enchanters that came here looking for legitimate answers.
  4. Brohg Augur

Which spell are you talking about? Sunray the debuff dot that was 593/tick for 950mana? RoS is 2081/tick for 4098mana

On the part of my guild? We care a lot more about those classes now than we did, because they're so very much stronger than they were. We're not replacing lifers that quit, we're filling a roster that was out of whack because no one cared.
    menown likes this.
  5. ShadowMan Augur

I don't know what to tell you but you are wrong. Most of our fights all run well over 5 minutes duration. Almost every one of our druids still runs 130,000 to 250,000 on those fights and I am sure some is missed. Our cactus raid ran 600 seconds this week which is 10 minutes. All four of our druids were 138,000 to 180,000 dps for that duration. That was pulled from a general link someone shared in guild not self parses so I am sure damage was missed. The druids were not 100% dps focused as they have other responsibilities to handle before dropping numbers like that. And not to knock our druids but I am sure they are not bleeding edge dps players having played a support healer based class for over a decade so I am sure there is room for improvement with their dps timing and use.
    Rolaque likes this.
  6. Sancus Augur

What is the enrage timer on OT? Like 30 minutes? If you took the damage our Druids do in five minutes and divide it over that duration, it would still exceed 93k DPS. I am both skeptical that you do absolutely no damage after 5 minutes and skeptical that it takes 30 minutes to complete. As such, it kinda seems like you're missing something (which most of your posts suggest).
    Playful and kizant like this.
  7. Brohg Augur

I know of a raid force with 54 in raid every week that takes approximately the enrage timer to complete Fell Foliage. Yes they have issues, various & deep, but they're not the topic. I just want to say it's SOOO much harder to do that way. The determination it must take is pretty wild, the struggle: real. "I'm not even mad, that's amazing".meme

L'ing "2" P would change their whole worldview
  8. IblisTheMage Augur

What is L-ing 2 P?

I feel so John Snow (on a scale of 1 to John Snow of knowing nothing)...
  9. menown Augur

I would assume "learn-ing to play".
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  10. Brohg Augur

lol, all the hillbillies using that "l2p" in conversation around you?

Sorry yes, that's what I meant. And by saying so I mean to suggest that all such shifts, all the ways anyone can gain mastery, come with shifts in perspective. The new hotness becomes the new normal, "how it's meant to be played". The perspective of that raid force I describe is how EverQuest is played, to them. Learning a better way to play would change what they think of as good play. As it does for approximately everyone, and thinking otherwise is nonconstructive hubris.
  11. Ninelder Augur

Well since 90pct of the posters on this chanter thread are from a nerfherder and his herd of sycophants, none of which play the class. I guess there is nothing left to discuss. And these forums are rubbish.

Have fun with the request to nerf warriors next month kizant, we wouldn't want you to have to actually pay attention and to the game you play. But brohg may not be your snuggle buddy then, although he still may be laughing about the stream of ironic comments hes made on these threads.

Enjoy your pile of rust.
  12. Playful Journeyman

Actually next month he was planning on nerfing clerics, he sent me an e-mail warning me.
  13. kizant Augur

That is a bit of a stretch. Comparing gamers using gamer acronyms to some weird hillbilly writing.
  14. IblisTheMage Augur

https://writingexplained.org/hillbilly-vs-redneck-difference

Learning every day.

In danish, we have an insult, literally translated as farmer’s a s s, used to mean when a person (any person) is being narrowminded and backwards thinking. It is not used on people from rural areas, since they are all moving to the big cities, growing beards and man-buns, and becoming more hipster than the people who grew up in the big cities... the curse of free (and paid) university education :). Quite a lot move back when they get children, it is a very small country.
  15. Rosarchx New Member

Enchanters have been targeted to crush their mana pool, recast timers, gear nerfing and dps on raids. No other class has as long recast time on so many of the top damage spells. All of enchanters top Nukes and now the Mind Tempest line with recast times that are too long. Enchanters need more spell gems since when i raid I get to see half of my spell gems waiting on recast timer.

To be able to have enough mana for a entire raid I have had to restructure my augs and turn to older solutions to make it so I have enough mana for a raid. This however this is a gear nerf too because my solutions take away hitpoint, mana, ac augs, and he stats.
    Splinter of PotencySkill Mod: Specialize Evocation +15% (45 Max)

Tome of Manipulation

Skill Mod: Specialize Alteration +15% (45 Max)

Left Eye of Gyrup
    Trigger on Cast: Healing Burst VII (100% Chance)
    Has a chance to heal you and restore your mana each time you cast a damaging spell.
    These augs can save me btw 100 and 250 mana per cast or more depending on the Left eye of Gyrup. Conjugation modifier does not make the list because I just dont cast mezzes or pet spell that much on raids.

These are not ideal solutions in fact they cost me hitpoint, mana, ac augs, and he stats. so now 3 slots have to be dedicated to keeping my mana up. Other classes may use one of the Specialized aug mods but their mana is not dropping like a enchanters mana is even with my darkened mana robe, gather mana, azure crystal and mod rods.

So Daybroken has gone too far! Time to mitigate some of the damage they have done and return some of the damage, spell casting time, mana inefficiencies to enchanters because Old enchanters either die or quit and lately they are quiting....
    Do the right thing Daybreak comprise or well more enchanters are quitting everyday...

Rosarchx
    Emarr blah blah blah
    Cailen likes this.
  16. Numzan Augur

I find this thread overwhelming funny, as each topic in each of the class threads since 2016 when it first started. It is what is being left over, then repacked at you with a nerf all over.

It all starts with one class complaining about another class, such as the warriors complain about every class out there, until they get a better defense, better argo management tools, and better dps period then it goes down each and every class that gets nerfed to no end. Now your with the left overs... support classes now being nerfed. When will it all end? when you all wake up and retire.

Because the next wave of nerfs will be starting all over again. There is no invention of EQ anymore... its a straight out of the book, ill tick off this box and bring it down some... Yeah! lets try that first if they dont like it Fekem all, we dont care.

This is what i got from it a numbers of years ago.
  17. IblisTheMage Augur

So you don’t play anymore?
  18. Numzan Augur

not on live, the devs found ways to make me retire.... Sadly 12 accounts all live 100 lvl all sitting there with unpaid AA's and forced to spend them. Once i returned i had no idea what was changed. I wasnt about to spend 10 hrs figuring it all over again. So i logged off and said bye to live servers. NO you cant have my stuff you begger (10000)
  19. Midnitewolf Augur

Jumping into the middle of the conversation here but I would like to say this is right on the money and the major problem with most MMOs.

One of the things about EQ that I always felt made it unique was that as a straight up PvE game, the classes really didn't have to be balanced against each other. Necros were the King of DoTs and straight up the class you wanted to play if you wanted to be independent of groups but if you played a Necro, you knew going in that it didn't have group utility so you would be about the least desired class in any group situation. If you played a Cleric, you had the opposite experience, lots of desirability for groups and tons of social opportunities but you couldn't really solo at all, at least back in the day.

Point is there doesn't have to be balance between classes. Just because an Enchanter or Druid or Mage or whatever can do a bit higher parses, doesn't mean no one will roll a Cleric, Druid, Shaman, Rogue or whatever. Each and every class in EQ has something it can do better than other classes or a play style that caters to a specific personality, that is why people chose classes.

So at the end of the day, nerfs, especially big ones that change completely how a class plays or what the can and can't do just lead to people quitting.
    Kylo likes this.