Test Update 7/13/2018 - Patch Notes and Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jul 13, 2018.

1. EQ Dev Developer

July 13, 2018

NOTE: Some of these changes were already present but were missing from the previous notes. They are included here for completion.

*** Items ***

- Fixed incorrect lore text on Token of the Light Army and Token of the Obliteration Army.

*** Tradeskills ***

- Burning your bread no longer irrevocably damages the bread tin.

*** Quests And Events ***

- Drusella's Vault - Implemented some mechanics changes and bug fixes:
    - - Fixed a bug that caused the oozes to change targets every 5 seconds. They will now switch targets if their previous target is dead or otherwise gone or when 30s have passed since they started chasing that person.
    - - Oozes now show the name of the person they are chasing as their alt name.
    - - Oozes will prefer not to chase tanks or healers unless there are few other choices.
    - - NPCs lose the ability to summon while they are inside Drusella's aura.
    - - Fixed the bug where Tomb Rot would be applied after Drusella's Vault was successfully completed and The Sathir Line had not yet been started.
    - - Increased the number of characters required in the room to trigger the raid.
    - - The Whirlwind Slash cast by the animated bladestorms should now sync up better with the warning aura disappearing.
    - - Decreased the max speed of deathslime goos slightly.
    - - Increased the spawn interval of deathslime goos by 50%.
    - - Increased the damage that the globs of goo take from ice spells by 15%.
    - - Decreased the health of the globs of goo by 15%.
    - - Decreased damage inflicted by Caustic Ooze by 25%.
    - Death, Death, Death - Increased the time limit from 40 to 60 minutes.
    - Death, Death, Death - Slain bosses leave behind chests near Tudasali with items that may help you progress.
    - Death, Death, Death - The new items within this mission will now survive the zoning process.
    - Veeshan's Peak Key - The Piece of a Medallion in the Swamp of No Hope now spawns in multiple locations. Also, the item's appearance has been changed to something a bit more visible.

*** AA ***

- Banestrike will no longer break root on its target.
    - Removed some mercenary AAs that were intended for internal use only.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Hero's Forge, Heritage Crate, Pet Crate, and similar achievements have been moved to the new General -> Vanity category.
    - The Autumn Appreciation event achievements have been moved to the Events -> Seasonal category.
    - Improved water pathing in Combine Dredge.

- The EverQuest Team
  2. strongbus Augur

so is banestrike going be dd only or dots can trigger it as well? cause then its almost useless for necros.
  3. Khat_Nip Meow

I was on Test a bit ago and DoTted up an Arena combat dummy for ~7m and didn't get any Banestrike messages.
  4. segap Augur

The dps from it is pretty minuscule. This just seems like a way to reduce button clutter (or give back a macro line in a mash key) while also not ticking people off for completely removing it. I don't see a reason for necros, clerics and shaman to be concerned.

I'd rather see them re-imagine it as something like a flat 1% damage boost to any mob type you have mastered slaughtering.
  5. Ruven_BB Augur

How are the Hastened Banestrike aa's from slayers affected by this change?
  6. Riou EQResource

Imagine they just increase the Proc Mod on the ability to make it proc faster on average
  7. Angahran Augur

Also completely useless for clerics :(
    Lorai likes this.
  8. Angahran Augur

Can somebody PLEASE take a look at Chokidai Unbound and attempt to fix this bug ridden nightmare ?
    That stupid dog switches it's 'friend' at random, different people see different friends.
    99% of the time it won't update when it's supposed to.
    The ravenous basilisks appear to be well fed and would rather nap somewhere deep in the lava than actually come out and chase the chokidai.
    You have more chance of winning the lottery than getting this quest to work.

Maybe simply make the chokidai be 'friends' with and follow whoever has the egg ?
    Lorai likes this.
  9. ShadowMan Augur

Since this damage no longer breaks root it should now fire off of dot casts as well.
  10. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Not a fan of the Banestrike changes to passive randomized proc. Banestrike as a proc has a minimum internal cooldown determined by your Slayer completion amount, and only fires randomly after that cooldown has passed. This means that with Megadeath achievement completed, the soonest the proc can fire is every 45 seconds, but after parsing I find that in practice the proc actually fires every 60 seconds on average, sometimes delayed as long as 90 seconds. The Banestrike changes mean a loss of control for strategic usage (aggro, intentional ranged root break, ranged damage for melee characters) and also a loss in frequency of use in combat, therefor a loss of DPS and should be considered a nerf.

I appreciate that you are making QoL efforts to reduce the number of keys that players are routinely expected to mash for DPS. This change appears to have that goal in mind, but is reducing functionality and DPS as a result. Since I doubt that you'll roll back the change to make Banestrike a passive instead of a controlled activated ability, I recommend removing the random proc chance component so that Banestrike simply fires when the cooldown is complete and also adding the ability to toggle Banestrike procs on/off as others have mentioned.
    Redhead and Yinla like this.
  11. strongbus Augur

i stated in the other post and a few healer friends like the idea. they should make it a tot proc for healers from their heals lol.
    Lorai likes this.
  12. Cailen Augur

So I take it they are happy with enchanters in the totally F@#$ed state they left us in last month.

My prediction of Nov patch notes: "Drusella's Vault - when you walk in chest will spawn"
  13. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Beastlord Fundament: Third Spire of the Savage at least at rank 3/9 contains:

"... and raises the lower bound of thir melee attacks to 30 for 1.5 minutes."
  14. Redhead Journeyman

Devs, some tanks pull mobs with banestrike. It allows them to grab aggro first thing. Additionally, mid-fight, banestrike helps the tanks regain aggro when an unsuspecting player crits.

If you are going to make this passive, that'll limit the tank directly, and the classes playing with said tank indirectly. Tanks holding aggro, it's a good thing, promise! Please rethink your decision.
  15. Denial_Sinfae Augur

No "tank" depends on banestrike for aggro. I like one less spam button for my SK, War, and Paladin.
    Thunderkiks and svann like this.
  16. segap Augur

Both Wars and SKs (I have no idea about Pallys) have fairly quick refresh aggro stuff that's great for pulling. I've never once used banestrike as either a pulling tool nor an aggro tool and never have aggro issues. It also seems silly to rely on something that only works on npc types you've killed enough of for something so critical.
  17. Whipah New Member

Has the Forage bug been fixed that was introduced 2 months ago? Maybe that was one omitted from the patch notes this time around?
  18. Denial_Sinfae Augur

In the full patch notes it is addressed. This was in addition to the main patch notes.
    Whipah likes this.
  19. Redhead Journeyman

The one I play with does :D... well I take that back -"depends" is a harsh word there, "regularly uses" is more applicable.
    While he's not raid geared, he's chase geared and can hold his own in a fight. And after you've killed enough mobs so that you CAN use it, why not try it out? Seems to work good for distance pulling. But eh, to each his own. I'm no tank. :eek:
  20. svann Augur

Banestrike wont hold aggro from much of anything at all. He may use it to pull, but I guarantee you he isnt using it to hold aggro.