Who's the worst EQ NPC?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kolani, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Kolani Augur

Not ones that are complete jerks, like Sgt. Slate, or ones that are just annoying, like Cicero Qwikwire. I'm talking worst of the worst, bad motivations, bad characters, etc.

Personally, I'm going to cast a vote for Una Lucem. She keeps showing up the entire expansion like a bad penny, monologuing too much and then when we finally get to the end, we don't even get to beat her, she's injured by an exploding robot and Calix swoops in to save her from the mean players.

Runner up is definitely Morden Rasp, but that's more of an overarching issue with the writing of LDoN>GoD.

Who do you guys think it is?
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  2. bazinga Elder

3. Homeless Greg New Member

Ran flamespinner in highkeep. He was my arch nemesis 15 years ago, give or take. Sometimes I like to go back, just to show him who's the boss now!
  4. IblisTheMage Augur

Sorry to cut this discussion short;

Quillmane.
  5. Xulore Lorekeeper

Cook Yates
  6. Captain Video Augur

Any NPC that exists solely to advertise the player names of contest winners at old SOE Fan Faires. There's one in South Qeynos near the bank. Does anyone even remember SOE?
  7. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

8. Shanarias Augur

Why not Slate? That KS-ing jerk messed me up WAY too many times as a low level player. He was who I immediately thought of upon seeing the topic.
  9. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Lcea Katta...couldn't keep her nose in her own business, started a war on Kunark, then met her demise to an assassin...well deserved death.
  10. Dreadmore Augur

Lanys T'vyl. Like Una Lucem, but across multiple expansions. So incessant, so annoying. Well, we have her to thank for having something to do and someone to fight against, I guess.
  11. Nniki Augur

I think Kolani is more so looking for NPCs that have some depth to them, yet are lacking or poorly implemented all-around. The examples listed fall short on the story and lore side of things... something along those lines, not necessarily ones that simply mess up your day when you encounter them, although they could have that within their repertoire as well.
  12. Kolani Augur

Right. Like someone mentioned Lcea - she's terribad in On Both SIdes in Scorched Woods, for example. Slate is just an roaming guard, we don't really know why he's an roaming guard. Same with Quillmane.

I thought about Lanys too, but at least we get to slap her around in Call of the Forsaken, Every Una appearance is Una appears>Una monologues>Una does something douchebaggy while the players are conveniently held in place via mechanics>Una teleports away.

As for my complaint with Morden Rasp, the entire LDoN to GoD storyline has Morden treating adventurers who had just beat the Gods like level 1 noobs turning in their guildmaster notes, meanwhile the storyline features Morden taking credit for everything the players do, even though I didn't see him or his dark elf buddy there in Uqua ever.
  13. Dreadmore Augur

I forget exactly why I was searching for this, but I was reading up on this just the other day: https://www.graffes.com/forums/showthread.php?20400-Why-so-much-hate-for-Morden-Rasp

Scathing.
    Edit: Sorry, I don't know why, but the post keeps on breaking the quote markup and repeating it at random points. I'm just gonna leave it instead of try to fix it further.
    Kolani likes this.
  14. Axxius Augur

Kizdean Gix. Many years later, every time I happened to run through Commons I would go through his little guard post on purpose just to kill him.

Lore wise, Morden Rasp. The overhyped story arc that led absolutely nowhere.
    Eaiana likes this.
  15. Verily Tjark Augur

I assume we're going back to Luclin with next expac... So I wonder if Lord Seru will factor into EQ again. Idk, Lord Seru and the Seru aspect seemed poibless back then.
  16. Tour Augur

Game mechanic wise, going to say FV during the TDS raids; the “critically important” 55th raid member you had to babysit and protect through her overzealous suicidal tendencies. I think all our healers hated her.
    Axxius, Ssdar, Sancus and 2 others like this.
  17. Kolani Augur

I always thought Seru was interesting and sort of understood where he came from. He's a xenophobe, but the dark elves have always been sort of untrustworthy as it is, so he's probably right. Even Tsaph's dark elf associate in Tsaph's Day Off seems to be more of a typical tier'dal than an enlightened member of the Combine.
  18. Kolani Augur

Soooo much of writing for the TDS npcs were horrible. I don't think I liked any of the "hero" npcs by the time it was over with. It didn't help that basically every other step of every task was "Hail <insert hero npc name here> 55 times" 0/55.