Test Update 7/10/18 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Jarsi Lorekeeper

might want to fix this in Death Death Death before you go live with it

- - Death, Death, Death - Slain bosses leave behind chests near Tudasali with items that may help you progress.

the items given by the chest have no zone flags so once you go to the next kill zones they poof
  2. Negdara New Member

So all the time I spent maxing out my banestrike ability has been negated since I don't use nukes, I don't use ranged, and I don't melee. I used banestrike as an aa damage nuke to break my roots on adds, to add some bonus damage when dotting. Might as well just remove banestrike ability all together.
    Lorai likes this.
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Pretty cool update over all. I just want to echo the concern of others that Bane Strike should not break root. Can you make it act like an arrow and not make root? Melee doesn't break root either, yes? It's a weapon proc that actually breaks it? I'm not sure on that one but maybe that can be what the ability could be set to be so root is unharmed. Generic, physical melee damage won't trigger an unintended headshot is my thinking on that.
  4. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I must admit I like bane strike the way it was for the utility it gave in resetting melee rounds for Imbue Ferocity.

There would be casting times but I believe any class can replace using banestrike as a root breaker with a tradeskilled item - some old ring recipes. A lot of classes also had pretty fast cast time nuke items (Arm slot for most?) in Darkened Sebilis you may have rotting in a bag or in your bank. Some classes also had a nuke on their class BPs in Prophecy of Ro easily farmed by face rolling Theater of Blood.
  5. shruggz Elder

@ Kizant
    you feel root rotting is a silly mechanic, your opinion is noted.

again as a shaman im saying it is slow and very mana intensive.

I don't understand why it matters so much if a shaman or necro can earn sub par xp or aa's root rotting, because you know it IS sub par in comparison to group xp.

and no disrespect to you or your opinion, but I strongly disagree and now my opinion has been noted.

forcing folks to play only one way is going to lose subs especially when folks have always been free
    to play any way they choose.

THAT is the case at this point of the game.
  6. kizant Augur

I never said they should remove root rotting entirely. My point was that it should be more fun and interesting and a bit of a challenge. The end goal is to get more people playing EQ.
  7. WorriedinNorrath Elder

They could also turn bane strike from a dd spell into a small dot. That would solve the problem of root breaking.
  8. segap Augur

I can just imagine an entire raid force's dps procing puny dots and eating all the debuff slots...
    Sancus, Ssdar, svann and 3 others like this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

With the change to Banestrike, I need to find something else to press when my AA "Forces of X" are down. :(
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Banestrike question

In one of the Korafx raids in Seeds of Destruction you need to cast types of spells in a certain order as called by the NPC, 4 spells of either ice or fire or a combination of the 2.

Will banestrike interfere with the running of the event if it procs while casting those 4 spells?

I only did this a week or so for a guildie who wanted Void H access for an aug.
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  11. Ghubuk Augur

What is this?
  12. Agthir New Member

Please consider making banestrike a toggle
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Considering that rot rotting has been in the game since the start and they adjusted dots to remove DD parts at the start of them to prevent them from breaking root I don't think anything will change about how it works.
  14. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

15. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

Any chance you guys will ever "fix" the Paladin spell Force of Orthiss (55464/55465/55466) which only works on vampires and undead mobs up to 110 while the other RoS Paladin stuns work on mobs up to 113? It shares a timer with Force of the Timorous Deep (55479/55480/55481) which works on everything (living and undead).

The spell is supposed to be the upgrade to Force of Abrogation (40084/40085/40086). Force of Abrogation actually worked on vampires and undead up to 105 when our other stuns only went up to 103 on all mobs. The amount of hate it applied was also the same as Force of Iceclad (34452/34453/34454) which is the previous version of Force of the Timorous Deep.

Going by the previous versions of the spells, Force of Orthiss should be:
    [55464/55465/55466] Force of Orthiss
    Classes: PAL/110
    Skill: Evocation
    Mana: 100
    Target: Single (If Vampire or Undead)
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Magic -122
    Reflectable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 1s, Recast: 12s, Timer: 5, Rest: 1.5s
    Hate: 10021 / 10522 / 11048
    1: Stun for 6s up to level 115

The only differences between the two spells (Force of Orthiss vs Force of the Timorous Deep) should be the resist rate (-122 vs -61), stun length (6s vs 4s) , and max mob level (115 vs 113) it works on since it has the downside of being undead / vampires only. That way it's the better stun to use vs. undead and vampires but is still worthless or a wasted spell slot if fighting a live target. Force of Orthiss in game is currently showing -128 for the resist though which is odd compared to the older spells in that line.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  16. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

This is a good find you might want to let them know in the bugs thread.
  17. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Yeah, already fixed internally, so they will not have this flag on the live patch and test when it gets its true-up. (I also found this when testing it on Tuesday)
  18. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

This is in reference to Banestrike auto happening now.

What is needed is a way to toggle this on and off.

Simple fix that takes care of all issues. When I say simple, I'm not referring to the coding but to the game play. Just let us toggle the Banestrike Auto on and off and all problems disappear.

Otherwise, I'm very happy with Banestrike being auto.
    Boze likes this.
  19. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I hope the developers keep in mind that a few years from now, people will want to do this raid with low numbers. Ten years from now someone may wish to solo it or do the raid with 6 or 3.
    Lorai likes this.
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon