Would you prefer if trash mobs had more HP?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by IblisTheMage, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Mazame Augur

Slower kills would suck.

I understand your point of wanting Dot to be more effective. but a slower kill has a big impact more then just the XP.

Example if a mob gave 1% xp and took 1 min to kill. Then you triple the time it takes to kill 3 min and triple the XP to 3% you would think this is great and that your getting the same XP per kill.

the side effects is that when you go to Farm an Aug or an Item you need or want you. that mob that you used to be able to kill in 1 min now takes 3 time as long to kill. in many camps the PH are spread out and you need to clear X mobs to keep all the PH down. you just tripled the time it takes you to clear the camp. this could effect very much effect how often your able to get PH down and how many chances you have to get a named to spawn.

the next effect come when stuff is no longer being farmed. Current stuff you get in a group cause ppl want to do it and so with a group your all set. yet when you go solo because your not able to get a group having mobs that 3 times as long to kill can turn already slow killing into nightmares.

also not all class are build for a long fight so when you switch all the trash from fast kills to slow kills based on your class so will be happy and other will struggle.

Don't get me wrong some slow kill mobs is good and if you like those type of fight go camp some golems in OT. Does anyone want all trash to be like the golems. even if they granted a lot more XP the slow kill would drive me up the wall.
  2. svann Augur

I think having a class that is overly reliant on long dots is the problem.
    Metanis likes this.
  3. Millianna Augur

What about CC and debuffs? Is there a problem with those as well?
  4. svann Augur

If we come to a point where slowing and mezzing are just not that helpful then yes its a problem for any class that is overly focused on that. And just to clarify, Im saying it is a problem with game design.
  5. Millianna Augur

What can they do to fix the design?
  6. segap Augur

With my group geared SK tanking, I don't mez with my enchanter unless I have 5 or more mobs. Considering mob density and aggro radius, it's hard to get more than 3 on accident for any reason than pathing issues. I also cannot remember the last time I slowed anything. In the time it takes to slow, I can cast a nuke. Besides, every tank should have either a slow or cripple proc belt by now.
  7. svann Augur

Dont make dot classes so focused on long dots that when long dots are useless the class feels useless. Give them other things they could do that makes them worth bringing.
  8. svann Augur

Yes, but I think you will agree that chanters arent so overly focused on mezzing that without mez they are useless in a group. IIUC, this thread is saying that about dot classes. I dont play one, but Ive heard something like that in game.

All Im saying is that if a dot class feels useless in groups the problem isnt that fights are too short, its that the class was designed around long fights.
  9. Daedly Augur

5 mobs at once with a group geared SK? Where at? If that is in RoS T2 I really need to learn to tank better. There were a few times today in HS I had a close call with 2 mobs, and that was with both my 109 cleric and my 110 shaman focused on healing. Not sure if I could down 5 at once even with all my good discs going /sadface.
  10. mmats Augur

5 at once is unrealistic for a sustained period of time in relevant zones with group gear, however you have a ton of empty slot 5's on your profile.
  11. Millianna Augur

A group geared SK can handle 6 assuming a real group. With the amount of AoE DPS being tossed around these days, I wouldn’t be surprised if someone could handle more.

I don’t care much about DoTs... what I care about is CC and debuffs... Not all forms of CC are useless, but the majority are.

As I stated, why bother with CC and debuffs when you can contribute more with a nuke.
  12. Millianna Augur

This is the whole reason for the HP increase...
  13. mmats Augur

How is mob hp relevant to anything I said
  14. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

I believe he means that if you have no need to use any debuffs etc because everything dies in 15 seconds each and you pull 5 at a time without messing that the game could use a pass at the hp of mobs to make debugging and such more worth it is my guess.

If hp were to increase the density would need to decrease a bit and the reward increase both xp wise and drop wise.
  15. bigpapa Augur

that's what I call * balancing the game * no really need for CC , next patch will boost some melee dps as well.

and DB nerfed bad shm , druid , chanter dots because of ?? to try to balance the game? what about group game ?

that PISS ME OFF .....if DB want to balance the game they need to check GROUP GAME and RAID ENVIRONMENT separately. was easy to just fix the doting part in raid game with mitigated dots damage on raid mobs .
  16. Aurmoon Augur

As a very well geared (for grouping standards) SK with all my AA, I can assure you that my ability to tank 6 RoS mobs starts and ends with the duration of Shield Flash and Deflection. Sure, I can pull six and hold them long enough for them to get mezzed, but it would take a combination of luck and group mates burning discs to survive 4+ mobs at once, and it absolutely would be an “oh crap” moment rather than a sustainable pulling strategy. Obviously mez changes everything, I’m talking about actually surviving 4+ mobs beating on me.
  17. CrazyLarth Augur

just kill giants they usually have more HP
  18. IblisTheMage Augur

*sigh*

Doing TDS progression, cannot bring my box (without doing all quests a zillion times, I am just going after a single aug after all), so I have to solo everything.

Damm mobs have too many HP for me to clear the camps, so everything takes forever when I have to zone or load for other reasons...

Ohhh the irony.
    S33k3r likes this.
  19. Talif Augur

No.

Stop.
  20. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

To bad you weren't on the FV server. I could take you out and we could melt mobs mage style. TDS mobs are cake.

But anyway. Bring on the higher HP mobs. I like golem hunting. The ones in ST are fun to molo. They have about 30M hp's so it makes it a little more of a challenge. Molo they're fun. In a group, they die like chumps.
    IblisTheMage likes this.