Changes coming in next patch that will affect TLPs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Coirnav, Jul 11, 2018.

1. That0neguy Augur

And then he followed up with the statement that there have been much bigger cans of worms they have tackled then fixing spells and removing focus effects.
  2. Punchu Augur

I bet he was thinking of the nightmare job of instancing everything through PoP while we were clearing the content on Phinny. They were barely 1 step ahead of us in that regard.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  3. The Hated One Augur

So your driving a challenger. You like the muscle, the seats, the stereo, the paint and the fact that it takes you where you want to in fast way. Then the dev's come along and you find yourself driving a focus. It's not fun, it's not fast, the stereo sucks, the paint chips and when you step on it, its got no oomf. THAT is what I think of your changes. You gave me a challenger and now your turning it into a ford focus. Who is going to hang around to drive the focus? What fun is there in that? If you have driven this road a thousand times to work at least the challenger is fun to drive. Geesh...you guys are kinda stupid. If we can't kill things with less people the game becomes a zerg. ZERG is NOT Fun!!!!
    Critt likes this.
  4. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

You missed the beginning where your on welfare, and the bank should of never given you the loan to buy a challenger in the first place.
  5. BlackVZ Lorekeeper

Do you all realize how over powered melee are? Monks and rogues are parsing as the top dps and that is fine but there is no way they should be doing 2 or 3 times more damage then other damage classes, ie wizards. If you want to about the game some time, try playing a druid in a raid guild.
  6. Groans Augur

Druids arent a dps class. That's like saying try cleric dps mehhhhh.. are wizards really that far behind? Real question btw.
  7. Critt Augur

double your caster dps in classic/kunark.... I call shenanigans
  8. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Classic/Kunark is a very small portion of a TLPs lifespan.

For the vast majority of it, due to these AAs among other factors, Melee far out Damage casters, and they aren’t mana limited in their ability to damage especially in the first 10-15 expansions or so.

I’ll be pleased if Prathun can Nuke us down to classic spell data and remove the Innate AAs entirely and remove Might this buff crutch. Hell I’d love to see Origin flagged OoW unlocks too. Traveling home was an adventure you shouldn’t be able to just gate on any class. Having porters with your groups had value in dungeon crawls for a reason.
  9. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

If daybreak can make it so I randomly disconnect every few hours, and have my mom yell at me that she needs the phone, I will buy 3 more accounts.
    Potawatomi likes this.
  10. Critt Augur

I will stick by my original comment if the next TLP's don't start in POP there's no point to rolling a melee, I personally only play melee, and i only play on TLP's from the start... so for me the first 9 months as a non starter would be pointless. The whole origin thing is goofy as well, CR's were a huge part of the game and no one wants those backs.
  11. That0neguy Augur

Yep, lets remove Orgin and when you die you do not respawn with gear. Those are quick and easy fixes that dont require any spell data or patch notes that they "lost"
  12. Parsli Journeyman

So what you're saying is there's a chance that the 20th Anniversary will see the return of the mac server? :p
  13. Barathrum Augur

DOING GODS WORK! OMFG #HERO
  14. Barathrum Augur

Could also restore GOD / OOW to how they were tuned on live? or add MOTM for god-tss+ if need be

Also We need Proc's to happen @ lvl 1 again SOD / Frostbringer ETC !!!

Level Requirements on gear need to be removed until it was changed on live.....

Old freeport would be literally be doing GODS WORK! (or just delete por out of existence)

I would love to see a re-vamp of items from classic/kunark as well!

Sleepers tomb AOC stays the old AOC for the entire of Velious and when awoke in Luclin then the change will happen but not until!

Restore quest EXP
  15. RandomStrategy Augur

Well, it would provide a use for all those no-drop weapons I kept from Classic to Now if we had corpse runs.
  16. BlackVZ Lorekeeper

Im not saying that druids are dps, I just said that is a class that has a right to complain. If you read what I said I compared them to wizards. I was just saying that functionality of alot of classes is off. I am all for this change, melee have totally trivialized content.
  17. That0neguy Augur

I was with you until here.

Please make the game more like classic except .... when it comes to things I care about or don't like. Then please change it so I don't have to compete or deal with this nasty classic things.
  18. Rhodz Augur

Every patch, yes I read em, brings more reasons not to waste a lot of time on this game
    Risiko likes this.
  19. Delora Journeyman

This nerf is 100% about class balance. They already have a method in place to make sure the content isn't trivialized. It's called MOTM
  20. Machentoo Augur

Doubtful. They have never really done anything to even attempt to address class balance on TLP's. It is pretty difficult to balance classes across 20 expansions simultaneously, and they just haven't tried to, ever.

MoTM doesn't fix the dps issue completely, either. It might have, if they had continued to apply it. They could hardly slap it on GoD after nearly skipping GoD altogether because content was too difficult... But it would have made the expansion a lot more enjoyable if the content had been more challenging. PoP, GoD, OoW, DODH, POR, TSS so far have been completely trivial in difficulty compared to previous TLP's.