Test Update 7/10/18 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Ghubuk Augur

I suspect they dont want it to trigger on dots so that people can still root/rot.
    Venau, YellowBelly and Quatr like this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Yep, dots breaking root would be bad.
    YellowBelly and Quatr like this.
  3. Radamus Journeyman

So yeah, Banestrike does goes off from ranged archery attacks and yes, it does break root. Hoping that you'll please have this be toggleable by the time this patch goes live.
  4. Ghubuk Augur

Didnt archery always have a chance to break root anyway?
    But being able to toggle on/off would be awesome and would allow for it to be changed to fire off of dots too.
  5. Jaera Augur

So I checked the AA strings for banestrike, and Banestrike had this for rank 4:

This passive ability allows your melee and direct-damage spells a chance to deal additional damage to creatures that you have mastered slaying once every 45 seconds.

Does that mean banestrike has a 45 second internal cooldown before it will fire again?
  6. Hellboy007 Augur

What happens with /melody when dont have target? Does it just skip song and move on?
  7. Kolani Augur

@Ghubuk: It may have, but it's an incredibly small chance, whereas direct damage is closer to 100%.

Either way, adding an ability that has a 100% to break root at either a set or random interval that can't be toggled off is a serious setback to solo rangers. We tend to avoid bows with procs or proc augs in that situation specifically to mitigate the chance of root breaks. It's the equivalent of giving every class an untoggleable ability that can break mez on a timer.
    Tallie and YellowBelly like this.
  8. Lubianx Augur

IIRC stuns are considered direct damage spells. If that is incorrect then ignore the post, but I seem to recall that they were classified in this way
  9. kizant Augur

Root/rot should be considered an exploit anyway. Change it so like every tick has a chance to break root so it's more comparable with classes that don't have dots. Especially with all these high damage dots. It's not like anyone is sitting there for 10mins waiting for low damage dots to kill mobs anymore.
  10. Khat_Nip Meow

I went over to test and artificially prolonged a fight (10m 9s) with a blue-con enchanted Syldon stalker.
    Logs aren't showing Banestrike messages so I just went with what Banestrike hits for on Live (16500) and searched for that: (Edited dates out to format better)

[17:30:15] Khatt hit an enchanted Syldon stalker for 16500 points of non-melee damage.
    [17:31:25] Khatt hit an enchanted Syldon stalker for 16500 points of non-melee damage. (1m 10s)
    [17:33:21] Khatt hit an enchanted Syldon stalker for 16500 points of non-melee damage. (1m 56s)
    [17:34:33] Khatt hit an enchanted Syldon stalker for 16500 points of non-melee damage. (1m 12s)
    [17:36:19] Khatt hit an enchanted Syldon stalker for 16500 points of non-melee damage. (1m 46s)
    [17:37:04] Khatt hit an enchanted Syldon stalker for 16500 points of non-melee damage. (45s)
    [17:38:29] Khatt hit an enchanted Syldon stalker for 16500 points of non-melee damage. (1m 25s)
    [17:39:23] Khatt hit an enchanted Syldon stalker for 16500 points of non-melee damage. (54s)
    [17:40:24] Khatt hit an enchanted Syldon stalker for 16500 points of non-melee damage. (1m 1s)

I'm not sure what's going on there and it's quite possible I hit the mob for 16.5k by other means but that would be a coincidence.
  11. YellowBelly Augur

Ugh more AA consolidation. What the devs don't seem to understand is some of us have our characters fine tuned like a car collectors engine out there. The smallest change may look good on paper but in the real world one small change can upset the way things have been done for 15+ years. My necro still hates the dmf and RB consolidations that were done last year.

Please reconsider the banestrike change. Anything that can break root is bad, bad, bad to the playerbase. This is going to end ranger root rotting. There is already a mechanism in place to lower bow damage on rooted mobs.
  12. Kolani Augur

You're welcome, Firiona Vie (and any associated TLP servers that got the benefit).

Ngreth was unaware that there was an issue and couldn't reproduce it internally until I suggested it might be a Firiona specific issue. As it was, the unfired ornament was tradeable, the finished product couldn't be traded because FV doesn't check the attunable tag on items.
  13. Belkar_OotS Augur

I appreciate that the T2 events are being adjusted.

However, I would take a strong look at End of Empires and Fell Foliage raids, as those 2 events are holding back more guilds than the T2 events are as far as progression goes.

For Fell Foliage I would recommend reducing the spawn rate of the burgeoning, and making so that only 1 sproutling spawns even when there are multiple burgeoning up instead of one each that occurs currently.

For End of Empires I would simply reduce the number of meteors that rain down. Maybe increase the time between the meteor showers.
    Xeladom and Sancus like this.
  14. Ravaril New Member

There needs to be a way to disable and enable this new Banestrike ability if not there will be problems in situations described earlier in this thread. (Tanks holding aggro without doing damage and rangers rooting and shooting, etc.)

@kizant
    If root/rot should be considered an exploit, then pet tanking is exploiting too. Have the mob hit the caster instead of the pet! :p
  15. Spellfire Augur

Yes. And while you are at it, please remove Invis and FD from the game as well; those look like exploits too.... :rolleyes:.
  16. Zaknaffein Augur

Is there a chance that the same logic can be applied to songs that cost more Endurance than the bard has available, i.e. the level 101 bard song Dichotomic Psalm?
    Thoxsel and IblisTheMage like this.
  17. Minato Augur

I still miss the potion belt....
    xcitng and Yinla like this.
  18. Lheo Augur

WTF the bane crap is breaking ROOT? go away with this crap!!!
    Tallie and YellowBelly like this.
  19. Cannikin Elder

You will not see a 19% change even theoretically, as that's part of the overall damage multiplier that's applied to your base dps (100%). Looking at only the bonus from Innate Fury, your current dps is 156%, and you are going down to 137%.

The correct way to calculate overall change by percentage is: 100 x ((new total)/(old total) - 1)

In this example it would be: 100 x (137/156 - 1) = -12.2%

Conversely, if it were instead an increase from 37% to 56% multiplier, the equation would be: 100 x (156/137 - 1) = +13.9%

Of course, 12% is still not equal to the 5% change you observed, so I can only say that there are either components to your dps that do not stack with Innate Fury (or is not considered melee), or that come in the multiplier stacking order after Innate Fury is applied.
  20. Warpeace Augur

Merc XP - why is it being ignored?

Buying stupid firework Glyphs is annoying to try and keep merc AA XP flowing to it. There needs to be some way for the player to adjust it like we can with normal and AA XP. As it is merc xp is extremely slow.