Changes coming in next patch that will affect TLPs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Coirnav, Jul 11, 2018.

1. That One Guy Augur

The problem I think people are seeing is... what it sounds like you guys are going to do is slowly nerf everything in the game until you guys deem the content is too hard and then remove mighty. Or you just keep nerfing and never remove mighty.

But, the real unfortunate part is that this nerf to everyone will be a very very slow process. Probably through 3-4 TLP servers of just reducing everyone's damage 1 TLP at a time.

If you guys nerfed everyone to the ground and then fixed that nerf by balancing raids and this all happened in a few months... it wouldn't be so bad. But, everyone has this bad feeling that it will be 2 years of slow nerfing until there is re-balancing... and then what was it all even for?

Your customers do not want this :(
    Hateseeker likes this.
  2. Machentoo Augur

Some of their customers do!

Personally, I have wanted and argued for something like this melee adjustment ever since they added the innate aa's. Content is still trivial, especially once you are past classic/kunark, and massive overpowered DPS (esp melee dps) is about two thirds of the reason. Just eyeballing it, I don't think they went quite far enough in this adjustment, but I guess we'll see how it parses out.
    Polekn likes this.
  3. Darchon_Xegony Augur

They likely didn't go far enough with the Innate AA fix.

Those AAs should just have been flagged TDS AAs and unlock when TDS unlocks.

The spell files, *most* of that spell data is limited to pre-PoP content. So 1-60 spells, which are outlived after the first 4 expansions. The Al'Kabor spell_data file has all the classic values for these if they are looking for them.

I'd love to see those come in, melee innate AAs complete gone and Mighty Buff mostly gone except for the pet share aggro on classic and maybe Kunark content.

A+ work on making TLPs a bit more accurate each patch while still offering some QoL features like click from bag and bazaar from anywhere.
  4. Hateseeker Augur

TLP has had focus effects available pre-Luclin long long before MOTM. MOTM was a response to other issues. If you really want something to do, and that will actually improve TLP, reconstruct the original Freeport.
  5. Kolani Augur

Oh please no. Nostagia can only go so far. Original Freeport was little more than a fancy Doom level.
    Bolten_DA likes this.
  6. Dooby dooby doo Elder

The only thing I dislike about current Freeport are the dead ends. But, once you go through it enough times, I don't have any major problems with it. The first few times was really bad though.
  7. That0neguy Augur

A little insight into the dev's and product managers thinking on changes like these would go a long way into helping players accept and better understand the changes.

When you put things like these into the patch notes with only a week notice before the patch it makes people freak out.
  8. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

9. Hateseeker Augur

the point was that if they really need busy work, restoring Freeport would be more valuable work than undoing focus effects available pre-luclin. Focus effects that have been available on every single TLP, just like Golden Idols, and so on. P99 already exists for the extremophiles, and the entire initiative of which MOTM was a part, was a response to pet zerging that's much less of an issue on truebox. It came long long after multiple TLP generations already had that stuff, and should leave while those things are unchanged.

Making TLP more difficult isn't going to ward off subscription losses to Pantheon, if that's the plan.
  10. doah Augur

Bobbybic, you are a monster mission kindred spirit. When we raiding sebilis as dragons?
  11. Stylez New Member

I would love a massive nerf across the board while keeping the beefed up npcs. Maybe add random abilitys to raid encountera every time they spawn to keep it fresh :)
  12. snailish Augur

Trimming melee DPS for the early eras is fine and likely needed. Not a 100% removal of the increase, as some classes needed more juice vs. original implementation to be balanced-ish for original content eras.

Tuning down other DPS in the pre-PoP content will probably follow. Tuning global power of PC is likely easier than retuning all the content zone by zone to actually be challenging again...

Focus effects... just make the existing rank 1-2-3 all rank 3 and not a valid effect until Luclin. [rank 1 & 2 are set to artificial-not-level-cap barriers that are unnecessary, and making all the slate of focus items be rank 3 at least gives itemization options vs. the very linear/limited that exist presently for the pre-PoP foci]

As far as charming goes... I think we will (and should) see more NPCs flagged not charmable. I predict many choice named will gain this immunity.

TLDR: making progression challenging at each era is good. Patch by patch correctness would be dumb. Lots of things weren't done right at first, and some weren't fixed for a long time.
  13. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Fall of an Empire might be the most mistuned event in the game!
  14. Machentoo Augur

Completely removing the aa's wouldn't have been the best solution, since they also nerfed melee burn discs at the same time the aa's were introduced. The idea behind the aa's/disc change was to reduce melee burn damage while maintaining or even boosting slightly their sustained damage overall.

I think clearly the aa's should have been restricted till level 55 or 60--since the melee discs that were nerfed aren't available till then. And a larger nerf while still leaving a slight boost from the aa's, to compensate for the discs. Don't see any reason why it needed to be progressive--putting the aa at 10% or 15% until SOD/level 85 would have been fine imo, and compensated appropriately for the disc nerfs.
  15. malaki Augur

There's some powerful dumb in this thread. There's very little chance that they actually are going to remove focuses and change spells, he's just telling everyone that MotM is here to stay.
  16. mackal Augur

I was gonna suggest a different spell file depending on server, but that's gonna be a PITA and will probably cause more issues than it's worth :p
  17. Machentoo Augur

If they wanted to do it, the easiest solution in my estimation would be to A) revert all the current spells level 1-65 to their old stats, and B) create new RK2 versions of the spells with their current stats, available on the pok spell vendors once a server hits, say, TSS or SoD. Now, you can have both spellsets available in their appropriate environment, fully tweakable, no impact to live.
  18. Boze TLP complaint factory

The melee DPS decrease isn't even as big as the AA suggests. Reads as a 19% decrease on the AA, actual parse is like 5-7% decrease. TLP content is so trivial anyway. Everything pre-GoD is complete cake and everything post-GoD is Simon Says with the occasional DPS check.
  19. Extremeties New Member

Gotta love people like this ^^^ who throw out random BS about a server dying off. Coirnav was supposedly gonna be dead within the first month... Funny how we're a few months shy of Velious and the server seems to have lots of people still on it. Will be interesting to see the numbers sky rocket come Velious when there's lot of raid stuff compared to weak Kunark
  20. Machentoo Augur

It's not just the occasional DPS check. DPS makes EVERYTHING easier. Fights today take a fraction of the time they took on the round of TLP's that existed before these buffs were added. In the past, guilds didn't beat raid zones like Anguish or DPoB just by showing up with 40ish toons. Now, you can beat Lethar 2.0 just by showing up with a full raid--not a single guild has attempted it and ultimately come away unsuccessful, as far as I am aware. Quite a few guilds on Fippy/Vulak struck some brick walls along the way and never defeated all the content in these expansions, despite having the #'s for it. When your DPS is lower and raids take twice as long, now you have to execute everything else nearly flawlessly, not to mention having the appropriate gear to survive long enough on all your members. DPS smooths over all sorts of challenges and makes the road nice, flat and easy for everyone.
    snailish and Bankheadd like this.