Changes coming in next patch that will affect TLPs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Coirnav, Jul 11, 2018.

1. RandomStrategy Augur

As a paladin, I think the Holy Blade 50% buff I had was the *only increase ever to paladin DPS* (unless of course, we're fighting undead).
  2. Prathun Developer

We aren't going to even consider removing MotM until focus effects are disabled pre-Luclin and the spells file is reverted to something closer to the launch spell data.
    snailish likes this.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

This post may be the biggest can of worms you have opened yet.
    PathToEternity, Rhodz and snailish like this.
  4. Machentoo Augur

Are you suggesting that those things are in the works?
  5. Hateseeker Augur

Yep. Wow. Just wow. I can only assume that means removing focus effects pre-Luclin on the flimsy basis that focus effect items didn't come out til after Luclin. Are they trying to make TLP into P99? If people wanted to play P99 they would for free, there's a reason why they pay to play TLP.
  6. Catashe Augur

God help us all.. Prathun trying to open pandora's box... Someone stop him before the code somehows crashes and the game self destructs...
  7. Dooby dooby doo Elder

You guys are here to have fun with friends and easily slaughter old content... for fun? Take your business elsewhere!

Sounds like the future involves a ton of unneeded changes.

Do the people in charge not realize why people are playing? We don't want an exact copy of how it was. We enjoy things being slightly easier. We are not here to feel like raiding is a chore.

It sounds like they are just going to piece by piece nerf everyone until the content is so hard that they finally decide to take off mighty buff.

Listen to your customers.

1 week notice of a blanket nerf to all melee... shake my head... I'm sure you won't upset... every customer who had a melee class on these TLPs.
    Risiko and Hateseeker like this.
  8. Ahze Elder

Who convinced you guys that making the game slower and more tedious would improve it? Citation needed.
    Risiko and Hateseeker like this.
  9. Dooby dooby doo Elder

They somehow think it's bad that we kill mobs with less people than we did in 1999-2002...

Why do they care so much... I have no idea.
    Risiko, Brontus and Hateseeker like this.
  10. Fumi-chan Augur

I get that you guys are trying to change things to be more like an authentic classic EQ experience, likely in preparation for the TLP anniversary server coming early next year. Coirnav is starting to feel like a guinea pig though. :p Maybe spread out the changes a bit yeah? Seems every patch is some big tweak to TLPs with Coirnav taking the brunt of the changes. If I wanted to look at every patch and dread what major change is next I'd go play WoW.
  11. Coppercoz Augur

Meanwhile, somewhere on Phinny...

A_Random_Bard00 delivers a critical blast! (45000).
  12. Hober Journeyman

If you guys really want to roll some stuff back to classic can you just bring back Frizznik and put him in charge?

Alternatively, removing focus effects from Coirnav until House of Thule would definitely improve the overall game experience.
  13. doah Augur

This is a bit uncalled for, they probably enjoy this game and played it in the "good ol' days."

And what does it say about players who play a dead game and get overly upset about a few changes?
  14. taliefer Augur

focus effects are impleneted so poorly pre luclin i dont see that as a big deal either.

reverting the spells back to pre-revamp mana efficiency levels tho...thatd prolly be a killer for me
  15. Kahna Augur

If I wanted to play on P99 I wouldn't be paying DBG $15 a month. Please say you are trolling us.
    Risiko and Herf like this.
  16. Boze TLP complaint factory

Yeah I don't know what's going on but this is the best Forum-Quest announcement ever.
  17. Hober Journeyman

We had a bard do 6255 DPS on Lorekeeper Grenwald #asbradintended
  18. Prathun Developer

There have been much bigger cans of worms. ;)

Every couple of months, someone asks if progression server change X or nerf Y warrants removing MotM. And here's the answer: MotM doesn't go until and unless focus effects are disabled before the era they were introduced and spells are reverted to something closer to classic era data.
    Barathrum and HoodenShuklak like this.
  19. taliefer Augur

im more disappointed in that id rather they spend on their time on something actually exciting, like fully intergrating beastlords and berserkers to the ole game, than hitting TLPs with the '99 stick. as others have mentioned, that exists at P99 already
    Hateseeker likes this.
  20. MaestroM Augur

Prathun,

Every time you make a statement that makes me think you're planning future TLPs I get even more excited about being alive.

hugs and kisses,
    Maestro