It's 2018

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bankheadd, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Bankheadd New Member

Vox launched 6 years ago. It's not new anymore. Why is it still listed as new and a "preferred server"?
  2. phattoni Augur

vulak is a tlp server but isnt listed with the other tlps.
  3. phattoni Augur

also its misleading to have people roll on vox having never come to the game before, its a rather low pop server is it not?
  4. Captain Video Augur

Vox is still the newest live server. Any attempt to list one of the older established servers as "preferred" would just start a big flame war argument. If they changed the server list tag for Vox from "preferred" to "newest", it would be more accurate.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Vulak has been gone for awhile (merged with Fippy). Fippy is still listed as a Voting Timelocked Progression server but not as a Preferred server. It's not even a "progression" server anymore since it's deadlocked with no chance of forward movement unless a live guild decides to reroll there.
  6. Slippry Augur

Vox being listed as a preferred server is a big trap for the 12 new players that start playing EQ a year.
  7. Flatchy Court Jester

Everyone knows BB is where its at! (2 tunrtables and a microphone)
  8. Brohg Augur

time for a bit of triage. Vox-Bertoxx-E.Marr server conflux
  9. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

Brekt is newer than Vox, yet it's not listed up there.
  10. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

Also, why is DBG still wasting resources on Trakanon? Last time I logged into that server, there were about 5-10 on /w all during primetime.
  11. Captain Video Augur

Sorry, I thought it was understood by context we were talking about standard ruleset (blue) servers. Brekt is a free trade server, not blue. It is admittedly a bit odd it never gets any mention, but the FV people seem to be very happy to monopolize all the incoming free trade players. :)

To add a bit of historical context: Vox was launched in conjunction with EQ1 going F2P (EQ2 had already been F2P for a year or so), and it was expected a whole bunch of new F2P players would show up on Vox, as was the case with the EQ2 Freeport server the year before (since merged), but it never happened. The previous new blue server launch was just six months earlier (Trakanon), and it would have made sense to just make Trak the "preferred" server for new F2P players, but by that time there were a few established guilds on Trak and they objected to that idea. Now Trak is essentially dead, and if nothing else it would make sense to merge Trak into Vox, but the devs keep saying no merges.
  12. Brohg Augur

Trakanon exists?

13. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

Yup, it still exists.
  14. phattoni Augur

you are correct, i was thinking fippy but put vulak for some reason haha.
  15. Janakin Augur

Which server launched with the free 51/50AA toons? I remember them allowing us to server move them at some point since they are on Emarr now :b
  16. Nniki Augur

Janakin and Kragin like this.
  17. Shanarias Augur

I went to Vox after reading this, and rolled a Druid, since I have never played one. There were 11 players in tutorialb. B! That means there were too many in tutoriala for us to play there.

Then I went to CR. WAY too many players there.

Truly a dead server. :D
    IblisTheMage likes this.