Test Update 7/10/18 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jul 10, 2018.

1. EQ Dev Developer

This thread is for new bugs and how to reproduce them only. Please keep all opinions, discussions, posts about balance, and anything else in the other thread.
    Patch notes and discussions thread
  2. Nilwean Elder

• I have 3 lines of "Unknown DB String" in my AA window on the Merc tab.
    Numerous abilities that can only be obtained by completing quests or as achievement rewards will now display in the AA window prior to obtaining rank 1. The descriptions for these abilities have been updated to include information on how to obtain them.
    • I don't have an entry for the "Item: Trushar's Recovery" line.
  3. Dzarn Developer

Thanks for the report, the Unknown DB Strings in the mercenary tab of the AA window are bits of testing data that made it from our Beta server to the Test server which we will be cleaning up soon(tm).

As for Trushar's Recovery, some quest AA ability lines were not updated to display rank 0.
    In that particular case, because the effect is a trade-off and not something every character is going to want to activate, we opted to leave it hidden so that it wouldn't be a permanent 0/5 for characters who do not want to trade mana/endurance for HP.

Other examples of quest AA abilities that do not display rank 0 are Tinkering Mastery, Drakkin Breath (because AAs are not race based), DoN progression AAs, Item: Soothing Breath, Item: Knowledge of the Past (because these are lines that exclusive to other lines), and Veteran Rewards.
  4. frankie78227 Augur

Every time I try to remove a hero's forge set augment from a piece of gear it spirals my connection down from green to red until I disconnect in 1 to 2 minutes. I've tried 4 different zones now. It appears not only am I crashing but the entire zone. I've reproduced with 3 different characters on 2 accounts. The problem started after last nights patch.
  5. klanderso Developer

I'll take a look into this.
  6. frankie78227 Augur

7. xxGriff Augur

PoK and the GL seem to be unstable. PoK crashed last night, and again today, as well as GL, leading to DC's and lost pets etc.
  8. klanderso Developer

Looks like it's related to removing augments that don't require distillers. I'm looking into it right now.

Edit: Yup, figured out the thing that broke the thing, and submitted a shoop to fix the whoop. It's being tested internally and will most likely be shoopdawhoop'd to Test at some point today.

Edit #2: The fix has been pushed out to stop zones from crashing after trying to remove an augment that doesn't require a distiller :D
    xxGriff, Yinla, Ssdar and 2 others like this.
  9. Ssdar Augur

Can you add Item: Aura of Battle to this list as it is only available to Warriors, Paladins, Shadowknights, and Clerics? It's driving the completionist in me a little crazy seeing the 0/1 on my monk. Or even better, make one of the items clickable by all!
  10. Dzarn Developer

This will be fixed for the live update, thanks.
  11. Bert The Rogue New Member

char crashed and exited the game, now when tryin to log back into the account i get an error stating "
    There was an error completing your request. Please try again. "
  12. Angahran Augur

The only new ability I see it 'Trophy Collector'.
    Any chance of a list of all these new abilities ?

Not sure what I was expecting but, "Complete special achievements to progress this ability." (for Hero's Fortitude) is not exactly helpful.

If this new text was actually a link to the achievement that would be great.

Merc AAs are displaying the following:
    Unknown DB String 6000-37
    Unknown DB String 6001-37
    Unknown DB String 6002-37
  13. Lheo Augur

HS on rooted mobs is not possible anymore when bane damage is breaking ROOT.....
    make banedamage aa on/off switchable or make it not breaking root
  14. Siny Augur

15. Siny Augur

One day the edit option will actually show the post content so it can be edited.... I obvviously forgot to move the quote in my above reply.
  16. Boze TLP complaint factory

Druid group spells were fixed but a couple hybrid spells got missed:
    Feral Vigor (BST 69) and Hunter's Vigor (RNG 69) are both 30HP regen, which is less HP than the lower level Regrowth at 38 HP (BST/RNG 64).
  17. gotwar Gotcharms

Attempting to remove a Hero's Forge augment on Test is still reliably crashing clients. Being told it can potentially crash zones as well, though I didn't personally experience that. Happened to stumble across a weird twist, though. Took a screenshot to highlight the disconnect...

And was then able to see someone typing in General chat, despite still being in the process of being booted (was at under 50% on the connection bar in the upper left hand corner).

The "crash" starts around the highlighted red text. Highlighted blue text is someone typing in general, which I shouldn't have been able to see. So I may have been bounced from the zone server, but still somehow connected to global chat or the world server:

[Fri Jul 13 08:09:48 2018] You have entered The Field of Bone.
    [Fri Jul 13 08:10:22 2018] The item does not satisfy the augment's restrictions.
    [Fri Jul 13 08:10:22 2018] The item does not satisfy the augment's restrictions.
    [Fri Jul 13 08:10:24 2018] The item does not satisfy the augment's restrictions.
    [Fri Jul 13 08:10:29 2018] The result of this combine would produce an item unusable by anyone.
    [Fri Jul 13 08:10:46 2018] The result of this combine would produce an item unusable by anyone.
    [Fri Jul 13 08:10:51 2018] Taking a screenshot...
    [Fri Jul 13 08:12:11 2018] Cassyfm tells General:1, 'FAT PANDA BOWL FRIDAY!!!!'

Very weird stuff. After zoning back in (which I was able to immediately do after being kicked to character select), I was able to remove the ornamentation without issue. I logged out, restarted the client, and zoned back into POK. Was able to remove ornaments without issue. Moved to Nektulos forest, tried to remove the ornament, and immediately began losing connection again. I was still able to see general chat.

Note that the highlighted red text is not the action that started the crash, I was already crashing at that point. Removing the Erollisi Twin Hearts ornament from my hat is what started it.
  18. gotwar Gotcharms

Can't edit post (can we please get extended edit permissions in the Patch Notes and Discussions forum, like we have in guild recruitment?), but have a more clear update:

Removing any ornament does crash the zone. After the zone has restarted, you can safely remove ornaments in that zone. I am not sure if a server bounce would fix the issue entirely or not. You can still view message sent over the global chat service while the zone is crashing, so you're connected in some capacity.

A crashed zone after logging back in, for reference:

[Fri Jul 13 08:50:55 2018] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
    [Fri Jul 13 08:51:06 2018] You have entered The Feerrott.
    [Fri Jul 13 08:51:13 2018] This world has been running for 02:18:33:27.
    [Fri Jul 13 08:51:13 2018] This zone has been running for 00:00:02:53.

I have heard anecdotally that even post-hotfix, zones like the Lobby and POK are crashing every so often, so that would lead me to believe a server bounce would not fix the issue if it were true.
  19. klanderso Developer

So the thing with fixing the zones without bringing them down is that they'll pick up the fix when they crash next, then it won't happen again in that zone. Newly spun up zones after the fix won't crash (at least, for this reason). I'm not seeing any zones going down more than once, which means that the fix for that particular issue is working.
    gotwar likes this.
  20. Rolac New Member

Icy Rune ground spawn is not showing up in Permafrost. Been absent since the Heritage events.