The ever-favored class

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Allayna, Jul 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allayna Augur

- Shadowknight - Removed the hit limits from melee leech effects and removed the 8% chance for Mortal Coil to trigger Mortal Residue.
    Swarm away.
  2. Syylke_EMarr Augur

[IMG]

The true nerf to SK swarming was making the leech not trigger on targets other than your current target. This won't change anything in any impactful way for SK's.
    Zarzac and Xeladom like this.
  3. mmats Augur

Did you miss the major nerf to swarming last year? Not sure what spurred this change, but it really wont affect how SK's operate.
    Xeladom and Syylke_EMarr like this.
  4. Ghubuk Augur

I suspect what spurred it IS the nerf which made it to only land on the currently targetted mob.
    Xeladom likes this.
  5. Allayna Augur

Because it's super hard to cycle through the extended target window?
  6. Syylke_EMarr Augur

You make my brain hurt. Basically this change is for melee classes so they don't eat through melee leech effects in like 30 seconds.
    Xeladom and Slippry like this.
  7. Dreadmore Augur

????? o_O
    svann, Xeladom, Slippry and 1 other person like this.
  8. mmats Augur

A delayed reaction of 17 months? Sorry but their apology is no longer valid. Plus we are still holding out for Drogba's walk of atonement. SHAME! SHAME!
    Slippry likes this.
  9. Dreadmore Augur

I don't think this is an apology for that. I think it's just that the limits and mortal residue are no longer necessary because of that nerf.
  10. Slippry Augur

You know those threads where one person is completely wrong, and clueless about it, but incredibly obstinate in holding their opinion?

That's you right now.
    Sheex, Tierwyn, Xeladom and 2 others like this.
  11. Ghubuk Augur

It won't matter even if you could cycle through quickly. No matter what, it will only proc onto the target you are targetting (just like any other proc) where before it could proc off ripostes on mobs that you didnt have targetted.
  12. mmats Augur

But what if you like, did it REALLY fast. Like two keyboards at once fast? Surely thats the secret to targeting two mobs at the same time!
    Tierwyn, Xeladom, Slippry and 2 others like this.
  13. ~Mills~ Augur

With primary target dps now being the limiter the real winner would be:

Blood Sustenance IV
    Classes: BER/254
    Skill: Melee
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 24s (4 ticks) Song, Dispelable: Yes
    Max Hits: 500 Outgoing Hit Successes
    2: Lifetap from Weapon Damage: 50%
  14. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

[IMG]
    Sheex, Azbaelus, Zarzac and 6 others like this.
  15. Gnomeland Augur

Didn't they only remove it from shadow knight abilities?
  16. Cleaver Augur

Ya i mean it last a whole 24s with a 15m reuse lol
  17. Gnomeland Augur

Actually, the change to mortal coil allows for infinite up time for mortal coil, because mortal residue was what blocked mortal coil from landing continuously.

THIS is the actual relevant change - you can now life steal from monsters forever, provided you kill enough of them in 2 to 3 minutes to keep mortal coil up.
    Reynen and Allayna like this.
  18. ~Mills~ Augur

Every heal from melee ability was changed to no longer heal ripostes unless its your primary target. And I am not even sure those heal.
  19. ~Mills~ Augur

24 seconds of zerker burn is pretty intense. Especially since it was changed to work with your AE. And can be followed by your riposte disc to finish off stragglers.

No counters with zerker melee output and AE damage opens some options that lost riposte healing closed in some cases.
  20. Ghubuk Augur

It wont make a huge difference. It still will only proc off a kill shot and if you are using it for swarming, (where you are likely getting the kill shots in a solo setting) you are doing it with mobs that are trivial to you anyway and the healing from it isn't the all powerful thing it used to be when it was proccing off of ripostes of non targetted mobs.
    Xeladom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.