WTB Scars of Velious Prima Strategy Guide

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ltldogg, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Ltldogg Augur

If you have a used copy of the Scars of Velious Prima Strategy Guide and willing to sell to me, please send me a PM.

Cheers!
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

Can't help you with that. :) But it made me think and I still have my Prima Ruins of Kunark guide. Fun to go back and look at this stuff.
    Annastasya likes this.
  3. Imak Augur

While I do not have the Velious book, I do have the original Kunark book. That thing is a fat 456 pages of information!
  4. Brohg Augur

"information"
    TheQxx likes this.
  5. Ltldogg Augur

I have the Prima Guids for the original game, Kunark, Kunark Revised & Expanded, Luclin, Planes of Power and finally the Everquest Player's Guide. I read them yearly just for pure nostalgia reasons and would love to have the SoV guide.

So keep me in mind if you come across one! I constantly check online, used book stores, etc. I even contacted Prima and they asked around the office and could not find one to sell me :(

Some day hopefully :)
    Nniki and Mary Poppins like this.
  6. Nniki Augur

I have the Kunark one and read it front to back so many times back then.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I am pretty sure I gave all my EQ memorabilia to the Goodwill. SoV Prima Guide was among the loot. Sorry, mate.
    Ltldogg likes this.
  8. Tiggold Augur

Buying a guide to EQ was like the opposite of the community that EQ was first to provide. I don't get it.
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

You don't think having a working knowledge of Norrath, the lore, and a basic understanding of the systems that support the game is a good idea?
  10. Tiggold Augur

You mean like through community in game? The multiple websites created and ran independently by fans? Stuff like that? Like I said buying a $40 "official guide" to a game like this is counterproductive imo.
  11. Mary Poppins Augur

EQ is almost 20 years old. SoV came out in like 2000 or something. It was a different time, Tig.

The community was still growing, the websites weren't always accurate, and the concept of an mmorpg on the scale of EQ was still new. Traditional strategy guides were still a common thing.

They stopped making strategy guides for games like this after a while for the reasons you stated, but at the time of SoV they still had value - even if you look at it from just a lore perspective.
  12. Tiggold Augur

I know it was a different time. I had more 3-ring binders for this game than any other reason to ever have on in my entire life, LOL. I won't and can't disagree with you Mary, but it just brought me back to when I first saw that in the store and my thought was "Why"? I didn't understand it then and not now. For me, seeing those guides is an embarrassment to what EQ gave the gaming community=info through community. Not just websites but in game player to player information exchange. I still participate in that today before I take any online reference seriously. Probably an opinion of mine I could have kept in the shed with my rusty unused axes :(
    Tierwyn likes this.
  13. Brohg Augur

"The community" is super wrong about lots of things, and their knowledge full of holes. Even if the right folks are online when you ask your questions, they have to be in the mood to tell the 1000th person that Felwithe is connected to Greater Faydark
  14. Mary Poppins Augur

Please don't call me Mary...
  15. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Amazing how Forum Quest is... someone asks about a guide published almost 20 years ago for NOSTALGIC reasosn... and it's turning into a fight about community vs. the worth of said guide. LOL. Pretty sad how it goes.
  16. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

It’s sad but expected. Instead of being helpful they like to bash on someone else for any “reason” they can make up. But this is a first where I am truely baffled. Back to the topic at hand - I could have sworn my friend has one. Will poke him for you and let you know if he does and is willing to part with it.
  17. IblisTheMage Augur

How hard would it be to set up a print-on-demand on the old stuff?

I wasn’t interested back then, but now I would like to get them, for the lore, but also just to have stuff related to my hobby...
  18. Brohg Augur

:eek:
    From the Prima Guide:

Tiggold likes this.