Stuck at work on 76% experience holiday >.<

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Risiko Augur

So... who all is stuck at work during this bonus experience holiday?

I had to work yesterday, today, and Thursday. The only day I get off for the holiday is the 4th. I know.. sucks to be me lol. Yeah. I would love to be at home getting my character to 60 right now, but real life, bills, responsibilities... sigh.
  2. Lhelith Journeyman

same here
  3. doah Augur

Quit
    Roxxlyy likes this.
  4. Arturo Fuente Journeyman

Working 16 hour days?
  5. Roxxlyy Augur

Don't feel too bad; the EQ team is stuck at work too ;)
    Tarvas, IblisTheMage, doah and 2 others like this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I thought they just played EQ all day! :)
    Roxxlyy and niente like this.
  7. Risiko Augur

LOL didn't think about that.

Do they get mad if yall are logged in to EQ at your desk? :p
  8. Kibanu Augur

They're all AFK farming bone chips to sell for the faction grind. :p
  9. Prathun Developer

Many of us are logged into EQ all day, but it's not what you'd consider playing. :)
    Roxxlyy, Risiko and Tarvas like this.
  10. DeseanJackson Augur

Everyone loves being a critic. Good contribution, go take yourself too seriously somewhere else.
    Sheex, Elskidor, Risiko and 3 others like this.
  11. DeseanJackson Augur

I don't care enough to rage at a 20 year old video game or their likely understaffed, over worked, and likely underpaid staff.
    Tarvas and Ronzark like this.
  12. DeseanJackson Augur

Not raging at all, this is my entertainment on break at work. Can't wait to get off though =\
  13. DeseanJackson Augur

Guess it did today, good luck with your future negative attitude toward the game and it's programmers.
    Ronzark likes this.
  14. doah Augur

Life of IT work. always on call~ always working. Who needs vacations anyhow?
  15. Cleaver Augur

Id love to be logged onto your internal beta server all day :)
  16. RandomStrategy Augur

I believe the staff consists of hamsters with miniature phone headsets responding to requests, and some interns who have been caged and forced to work on updating things. Ngreth and Prathun occupy a nearby position (functioning as one similar to MasterBlaster from Mad Max, even to the point that one rides the other piggyback).

They walk around asking "WHO RUNS CL TUNNEL!?"

I'm really tired at work, and devs, I joke because I love you all and the work you do.

Or, alternatively, all the devs are locked into a small area with nothing but CS requests like that dude who checks the oil in Waterworld. I assume their beards are just as long.
    Prathun likes this.
  17. Horyuken Augur

Most of the TLP stuff you asked for isn't really a "fix", it's not broken, it's working the way it was designed to work 20 years ago.

anyway happy 4th and in before the lock:)
  18. doah Augur

Obv you all should just extend the bonuses till friday ;)
  19. Dranix Augur

What is it you do for a living? Perhaps we should put your work on display for everyone to bash.
    There is definitely a place for constructive criticism and I think DBG CSR has probably earned some with Coirnav from various issues however, this is just lashing out and accomplishes nothing.

As a rebuttal, I think there is a lot to learn working on a 20 year old game using its own bastardized scripting. Dealing with legacy code from 20 years ago - especially in this environment can provide some very complex problems/interactions. Experience gained in this sort of environment can absolutely be utilized in many different types of environments and would be valuable experience for any engineer/programmer/content developer (whatever).

Also, im not sure what you think software devs get paid but outside of major tech hubs junior and mid level engineers often dont break 6 figures (in some cases not even close).
    Ronzark likes this.
  20. Aurastrider Augur

You are bashing the game for being old and outdated and riddled with bugs yet you play said game? This is kind of like a smoker scalding another smoker for smoking because it will cause cancer. When you consider the amount of code this game has over nearly 2 decades, live server development, and all of the TLP servers being at different expansions and then factor in they are probably running with 1/10th of the staff that they had back in the day when all they had to do was focus on a couple years worth of code and all servers were at the same point its rather silly to call the staff lazy. Secondly what competent software developer would not want to live in a city that is sunny nearly all year with moderate temperatures, great food and beach babes around every corner?
    Tarvas likes this.