New Race - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by I_Love_My_Bandwidth, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Prathun Developer

Just to manage expectations, please keep in mind that the thread is still a flight of fancy. Devs can have flights of fancy too. :)
    Tarvas, Yinla and I_Love_My_Bandwidth like this.
  2. jeskola pheerie

Nymph
    Siren
    Sarnak
    Wurm
    Wyvern
    Gnoll
    Shissar
    Golem
  3. IblisTheMage Augur

4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I would be worried if they didn't!

I expected fewer positive responses, to be honest. So my expectations have already been far exceeded.

Fancy Flight, engage! We're Norrath-bound!
  5. Tierwyn Lorekeeper

Sarnak or Goblin
  6. Ryak Augur

NO! I'm already expecting this to be 100% delivered in the next expansion and will quit the game with my 255 other accounts if it isn't.
  7. Koryu Professional Roadkill

I always liked the design of Kunark's goblins better. Lanky, wiry, unnervingly toothy, carnivorous, and shamanistic. Original goblins were crouched over in a loincloth with a grimace that made them look like a constipated old man in a diaper, and new goblins look more like a runty annoyance than anything dangerous.
  8. IblisTheMage Augur

That is because the old goblins where level 7, while the new ones could singlehandedly kill gods
  9. Tiggold Augur

I don't want a new race because I can not take another race being made with more than 3 choices of hairstyles! Barbarian women unite! We want more choices, and I don't mean other versions of a short bob with lesbian implications. Locks, sidetails, and what DE woman would actually want to be bald?
  10. IblisTheMage Augur

Tiggold, that is a great opportubity:

Helmet ornamentations that are not an ornamentation, but a hair-style. Sort of a virtual wig.
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Some folks prefer their gals to be bald, sir. Or so I’ve heard?
  12. Luvmy New Member

I would like to see something with Wings, like a Pixie, or like EQ2's classes Fae or Arasai (Would love Purple or Purple and Black wings). Vampire might be easier and cool also.

Something Dog or Mouse related could be fun also, so we can either chase the Vah Shir or be chased by them /grins.
    (This is just the first thing that popped into my head today, I may think of more ideas later)
  13. Brohg Augur

That's gnolls & chetari. You have multiple versions of those as illusions already, go ahead live your best furry life!
  14. Numiko Augur

Add the EQ2 ones. Fae, Arasai, Aerakyn, Sarnak, Freeblood and Ratonga!
  15. IblisTheMage Augur

I don’t understand how the conversation can continue after I said cow. Twice.
    Sancus likes this.
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The answer is, has always been, and will always be:

Othmir
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  17. Nniki Augur

Othmirs!?

[IMG]

[IMG]
  18. IblisTheMage Augur

Just started listening (Audible) to Expeditionary Force, they have hamster aliens also...
  19. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Because Gelatinous Cube is a better idea than Cow!
    (Cow is fun! Beware the evil cow!)
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  20. Brohg Augur

canonical already, though...
    [IMG]
    IblisTheMage likes this.