ROS Raid Diamonds : Request to have them separated in chest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rapitiss, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Powerful Elder

We do DKP bids for the entire stack. We don't bother separating them.
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

DKP .. each diamond 1/2 DKP of a single ROS item DKP since it takes 2 diamonds to make almost 99% of the items.
    But their are items only need One diamond is why.
  3. Monkman Augur

Any servers actually seeing them sold as kits yet ( not including FV) I thought by now they would be used as currency but haven’t seen any traded or sold on Xegony yet
  4. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Diamonds were free to Mains when we were doing Crestra's and VP items. Now that we are onto alts, it's a normal loot hit for 2 diamonds. They're a great way to gear up alts, I know several players are already on their 2nd or 3rd alt already.

I haven't seen any of the kits for sale and I doubt many people will try to sell them, as the buyer would still need a diamond to make the final item.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  5. Yimin Augur

This is a great idea !

This is also another great idea !

Yimin
  6. Wulerdar Gnome Slayer

make them not stack then ?
  7. Khat_Nip Meow

I would think the reason they stack is because they are the same item and not Lore.
    Making them Lore would likely cause them to take up individual slots in the chest but them being Lore in itself would not be a great idea.
    I'm all for whatever improvements happen to the game but not when it comes down to people wanting DBG to be their babysitter.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There is a limit to how many items can be in a chest and having them stack helps keep that limit from being hit.
  9. Intenso Augur

They coulda added another chest with no stack diamonds?
  10. fortuneteller Augur

Diamonds are like other raid items, and as such, they should not be tradeable. If anybody wanna get any. then start raiding.
    adetia likes this.
  11. Cleaver Augur

Other games have the answer to the issue. It just wouldnt be easy to do . Make all items looted from a raid chest trade able to anyone that was in the DZ when the item was looted for 2 hours after its looted or until the person with the item zones.
  12. Warpeace Augur

How does that fix incompetent or dishonest people from looting whole stacks? Making the Diamonds tradable would allow the raid master looter to issue them at each raid completion or the end of the raid night?

I know change is hard, but some idiot looting a whole stack of diamonds is just cool right?
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Cooler than FV loot rules slowly creeping into normal rules servers. No thanks to fully tradeable raid gear just because a few dumb people loot mistakenly. Chase junk was enough for a lot of us.

If someone is that dumb and loots 6 diamonds, they can always make kits from the excess they weren’t supposed to loot and give them back (assuming they have reasonably high tradekills in at least 1 skill which isn’t hard to do). Those being tradeable already is a fine workaround. If they do it intentionally and refuse to make kits/give them back, das boot is always a good decision for ninjas.
    Thunderkiks and Sokki like this.
  14. Warpeace Augur

Lol enjoy your servers no trade problem because people don't understand how to loot.
  15. Sancus Augur

Cause the FV loot rules totally don't empower dishonest people :rolleyes:
    Sheex likes this.
  16. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Yeah I bet there’s zero toxicity with the diamonds on FV. Mhmm.

Probably looks something like this:
    [IMG]

*shudders*
  17. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Just say no to tradeable Raid Gear!! Really, there's no reason to make diamonds tradeable just because a few people can't loot properly. There's already been several suggestions on how to go about it as is. Ctrl + Click is my personal favorite, just state before looting begins that everyone MUST use Ctrl + Click on diamonds. If someone still fails let it be known that penalties will be handed out.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  18. fortuneteller Augur

You may have such problems on your server, and you may have such problems in your guild. I cannot say that you dont.

However every guild smart enough can set up rules about what happens if a person accidently loots too many, it is not complicated science.

My guild got following. If a person loots too many diamonds, then he/she shall ensure that they are given to other persons who should otherwise have had them. How can u give them as they no trade, simple you give them to other person by making a kit.

And it is the person whch accidently looted the too many diamonds who shall cover the expenses of making the kit. It is a costly learning, and if a person says no to that, the person will not be able to get any diamonds anymore.

Just ensure the rules are in place, before people do the Things, so they not knowing the penalty there will come.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  19. Intenso Augur

the raid diamond gear is bad anyway all alts be wearing normal raid gear
  20. Rolaque Ancient

Bad is such a lazy word to use. Why not state simply that phlogiston armor is about 300-400 hp/mana lower than RoS raid armor. Or are you just snidely implying that anyone using raid diamonds for themselves or their alts must be a 'bad' player?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.