ROS Raid Diamonds : Request to have them separated in chest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rapitiss, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Rapitiss New Member

It would make our raid leaders life a lot easier if the ROS raid diamonds were not in a stack.
    It seems every couple of wins we have someone mess up. It would be a lot easier if they just showed up on the corpse unstacked like spells.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

Let me introduce you to the relatively new feature called advanced looting. In that interface, the master looter determines the size of the stack to be distributed, so it solves your problem without the need for any changes in design.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Spells don't show up as stacks because they don't stack like the diamonds to. Also it shouldn't be hard to provide a reminder to people about how to correctly loot a single or partial stack before awarding loot and it should be noted that diamonds are the only stacked item in chests.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and gotwar like this.
  4. Monkman Augur

Yeah honestly in over 7months of farming these events we have not had one instance where someone looted an entire stack (unless they were supposed to), I hope you penalize those who “mess up” so they are more careful in the future
  5. Horyuken Augur

Same, no one has ever looted an entire stack and we have some people that aren't the most attentive.
  6. Funk Augur

Charge normal on the diamond they were supposed to loot and double or triple on any subsequent diamonds they were not supposed to loot. That should clear it up fast. And if it's loot council then they are exempt from loot for a extended period. They will learn!
  7. Thunderkiks Augur

Control click....
    eqgamer likes this.
  8. feeltheburn Augur

OR this ftw ....its a pretty neat function of the game and been around for quite the number of years.....just sayin.
  9. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Every couple wins? Damn... It's really not hard. If you click the stack a cute box pops up with a number. Are you not doing anything about misloots and people are taking advantage of it?
  10. svann Augur

A few things you can do
    1. Make a macro that tells people to use control left click to pickup 1 item at a time, and use that announce before you begin bids.
    2. Have people set options to confirm before A. they loot a no-trade item, and B. before they loot all.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  11. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

If you don't know how to loot by the time you are level 110...
    feeltheburn and Thunderkiks like this.
  12. Funk Augur

It's a sad fact that people do like to play the dumb role in this game. Whoops sorry! I didn't know what I was doing...even though I'm on a 110 raid in end game content. They knew exactly what they were doing.
  13. CrazyLarth Augur

announce if you mess up your be last on all other diamonds.
    have them practice looting one water.
  14. Monkman Augur

On the topic of diamonds, how are other guilds handling them? Dkp bid? Pairs?
  15. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Can we just have a mail box installed at each Raid Chest so we can just parcel the diamonds to each others alts, plz? :p hahaha
  16. Brohg Augur

Not quite the same request : I'd like raid spell runes to be Lore
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  17. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

and buyable on merchant please, k thanks.
    Yimin and Brohg like this.
  18. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Players have answered, perhaps not very politely, that there are ways to deal with this.

Stackable items stack automatically on a corpse, and an open chest is a corpse.
  19. Warpeace Augur

Or just make them tradable.
    Yimin likes this.
  20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

We did it phases. First we pretty much hit everyone that wanted diamonds for Quest items, like normal loot since those only take one (we’re council style so they tell an officer and it gets distributed. We did a lot of crestra people first, then katana and int caster staff wielders, then skull charms a bit later).

After that, we’ve had one person with max TS loot them all, and an officer maintains a list. People chat with him outside of raid times for what gear they are aiming for, and then every few weeks or so that person tells the mass looter to make the corresponding kits. Then we hand out the kits when that person wins their raid diamonds and they make the gear. It’s nice in that we can prioritize the more impactful focus slots, clicks and such.

Has worked pretty well so far.