New Race - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by I_Love_My_Bandwidth, Jun 27, 2018.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Wolferian - A race of benevolent bipedal wolves who survived in isolation deep within the chasm created by Veeshan's slash across the continent. Voracious carnivores, meat is highly valued. Butchers and chefs are among the most sought-after trades in their culture. Their chasm was only recently discovered by Coldain miners who began trading with the Wolferians. In a significant discovery, Wolferian blacksmiths found new ways to forge velium with other metals, creating alloys stronger than have ever been seen in Norrath. Wolferians are slow to anger, preferring to barter for new types of meat rather than fight for it. Once they fight, however, they call upon Nature and its most vicious inhabitants to slay their foes.
    Shanarias likes this.
  2. Lianeb Augur

This is like buying a lottery ticket and then fantasizing about what you would spend the money on
    Tarvas, Prathun and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  3. Horyuken Augur

each and every week...…..
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

You must be fun at parties and insurance seminars!
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

And each and every week you respond. Weird.
  6. Barathrum Augur

Half Drakkin / Half Gnome plz
  7. Horyuken Augur

Can you please provide a link to my last responce in a new class thread?
    #FAKENEWS
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Woops. I thought posting baseless facts was accepted as standard for you. Case-in-point:
    It's fine, though. You're forgiven.
  9. Monkman Augur

Don’t see a reason for a new race. Besides dev team has already responded to new class/race threads stating the amount of work required completely outweighs the “reward”. Doubt we’ll ever see a new race and or class again, which is fine there’s already enough to pick from
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  10. svann Augur

Drogan goblins. Gotta love a race based instant cast ranged stun.
    Koryu, Tierwyn and Daedly like this.
  11. Mookus Augur

How come no one ever plays dwarves anymore? Used to be tons in early EQ years.

Just pretend they are a new race and roll one of them.
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Can they take over Halas and displace the Barbarian monstrosities that plague our game, kinda like how the trolls did with Gukta? Thinking the barbs could be moved to the underground cave in EF under the frozen river with Miragul’s lich in it so we’d rarely, if ever, have to see them again?
  14. Ngreth Thergn Developer

15. Picaresque Augur

I resemble that remark.
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  16. Krezzy Augur

I don't know about a playable race, but I just got an idea for a very marketable new mount. (Give the rider a "drowning" animation from time to time.)
  17. Eetra Journeyman

Two words.

Fire Beetles.
  18. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Vikings from Space that look like alvin the chipmunk.
  19. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The armor and weapons float in the body and when they swing weapons or cast spells pseudopods extrude with the weapons. Even hero's forge works... it floats along inside like any armor.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Krezzy and Brohg like this.
  20. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

That sounds super cool! If not as playable race maybe as an illusion on marketplace? Or ingame quest. ;)
    Yimin likes this.