What is this garbage? Suspensions for AOE deep lvling?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TubJumper, Jun 23, 2018.

1. TubJumper New Member

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/ridiculous-suspension.250066/#post-3677040

Long story short we PBAOE w/enchanter stuns to powerlevel our alts in empty zones or on off hours. If we ever run into people in zone we go out of our way to avoid them or usually just simply invite them. We were suspended today with no warning, not even a tell, while I was a mid pull. The only people in zone were my boxes and my friends. Is there some rule on large pulls i'm not aware of?

2. Kahna Augur

AE pulling can easily fall under "Zone Disruption". It's really up to GM interpretation.
  3. frankie78227 Augur

Sounds like a GM doing his job to me. Also I'm willing to bet your side of the story isn't the entire story. Had you trained anyone while AoEing in the recent past.
  4. TLP Addict Augur

Inclined to agree, there's always at least two sides to a story and the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.
  5. Rhodz Augur

Not enough devils... err details
  6. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

LOL! Get rekt.

Also, good job spamming the forums. Maybe they will ban you from here too.
  7. discordkitty Augur

No one was ever suspended for AoEing when Luclin was live on Agnarr. What else did you do that lead to this?
  8. Dixa Augur

your first paragraph in that thread you basically admit to killing players and offering them rezes and you wonder why this happened?
  9. Kutsuu Augur

If you pull regularly in this game it's almost impossible to avoid unintentionally training someone at one time or another - and the fault can go both ways. Getting someone a rez and offering them some extra XP is about as nice as you can get as an apology if it happens.
  10. Defjam1 Journeyman

Cross posting is a forum violation, just fyi, makes your i'm not doing anything wrong reasoning more suspect.
  11. Hateseeker Augur

Assuming that your story is exactly the truth (I'm only saying that because it's unlikely the other side, especially the GM, will tell their side), it sounds like there are two possibilities: Either the GM mistakenly thought your AE pull was actually training, which would show great lack of understanding of the game's mechanics. Or, the GM had some kind of personal philosophy that if two individuals or two groups are DPSing for control of a mob, that one cannot disengage and let the other have it because they might wipe to it.

If people try to KS you, it should be #1 in the MMO Gamer's Bill of Rights that you can disengage, gate, evac, whatever, and let them have it, and if GMs want to claim it was training they should be held to high standard of investigation. Finding that someone engaged your AE mobs after the pull automatically makes it not training. The fact that you know someone is going to try and DPS you for the mobs, and even if you know for a fact that if you evac they will wipe, that's not your problem and changes nothing.

And, it should probably be #2 in the MMO Gamer's Bill of Rights that someone be informed of exactly what their suspension was for and given a chance to explain. Are other MMO gaming companies more reasonable in their enforcement?
    Sithil likes this.
  12. Febb Augur

This also causes zones to crash when people pull that many mobs, this is another reason why the GM's are going after people who do this.
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

Sad times when the griefers win.

No wonder forums have so much complaining. .. they just logged off the game!
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

Deep never crashed... never heard it from guildies either.
  15. Febb Augur

Some zones can handle it, some can't.
  16. Fist New Member

So this Maki person would run around and KS you even when you had multiple wizards? How many Wizards did Maki have during this? It sounds like at least 5. Why would someone killing one side of Deep run around and KS you on the other side of the Deep? Are you sure you were not attempting to KS Maki where they were pulling and failed because you are mentally deficient?
  17. TLP Addict Augur

Hold up!

I've been informed mutliple times in other threads that all of this sort of toxic behavior moved to Coirnav and that Agnarr is now a super duper casual friendly server full of rainbows and unicorns.

Is that not actually the case?
  18. monkypowah Elder

pretty much, yes! phinny rocks now too but agnarr has a bit more players these days if thats what your after.
  19. Machentoo Augur

Uh, you sure? Phinny has 13 guilds that have defeated the current expansion, Agnarr only 7. And we've had ours out a month less. Probably more casuals on Agnarr but not sure your total pop is higher.
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

My pop is bigger than yours.

Seriousness aside, if DBG would just hire some starving local intern for minimum wage then 1 dedicated GM that actually knows about TLP's would easily pay itself off.