Enchanters will now feel the DoT nerfs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by mmats, Jun 12, 2018.

1. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

But life was SOOOOOO good with enchanters.....why did they wreck it :D

I don't mind the mana back nerf, but the damage cut seems stupid and uncalled for.
  2. Lianeb Augur

There is not one raid In RoS that needs:
    Rogues if you have bards
    Bards if you have Rogues
    Warriors if you have Knights
    Knights if you have Warriors
    Druids if you have other priest
    Shamans if you have other priests
    Monks
    Berserkers
    Wizards
    Mages
    Necros
    Rangers
    Beastlords

Hmm looks like there is one class needed on all raids in RoS Clerics!!!
    I guess welcome to the club
  3. smash Augur

Except it was needed the nerf. Maybe it been a bit harsh, however the nerf been needed since chanter/druid/shaman got the 35% extra compared to other classes. Was that at EoK?

Been waiting for it to happen, since the other 2 classes also got nerfed.

Can only say, enjoy the time you did have the bonus.

This is what I said to earlier nerfs on other classes beside the 3 mentioned.
  4. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Is this a necro whine spotted moment?
  5. segap Augur

Need is a strong word. It also depends on what the current vision for the class is. If the vision was to become yet another dps class (hence the prior nerfs to other enchanter abilities), then the dps really was not out of line. It just upset the order of things from the point of view of the entrenched dps classes.

Druid and Shaman nerfs at least had the context of they were still viewed primarily as priest classes. That is a clearly defined vision. Their healing was not nerfed prior to their dps being nerfed.

The big problem is lack of communication. We have no idea how the dev team views the various classes and what their roles should be. We have no idea what their vision of balance and the overall game is going forward. It's just a bunch of knee-jerk reactions and heavy handedness. Tuning over time is inevitable. Wild swings back and forth with no messaging just gives the impression of someone not knowing what they're doing.
  6. Sindaiann Augur

They have no idea either. Its like municipal workers that fix roads.

A constant make work project.
  7. Zunnoab Augur

Okay this is a very bitter post, so I will say some positive things at least. I am thrilled the /tar issue seems to have been fixed for targeting corpses. There are many other issues that have been patched up over the last few years. I'm not saying I don't appreciate the work the developers do. I'm not saying I don't like EoK or RoS, because overall I like them quite a bit. This rant is specifically directed at the tuning direction the game has taken over the last few years.

I'm not going anywhere. I am dedicated to the people in my guild. I like seeing people that I haven't seen in years when they log in sometimes. This game is as much a place as it is a game to me. That doesn't mean I'm happy with the tuning the last few years though.

I am sick and tired of the frankly abysmal tuning decisions over the last few years. It's been what, about three years now since things were done so poorly, and consistently at that? Things are changed without any consideration as to how they impact the players or how they impact player fun for that matter it seems.

The stupidest thing about the constant DPS nerfs is they seem to despise crowd control now so everything is a DPS fest. Time and time again they do things that directly damage mid to lower tier raid forces by massively reducing the DPS or utility of classes. My guild isn't overflowing with enchanters, but I'm sick and tired of seeing months or even years of gains erased over, and over, and over again. Cheapo powerup timers seem to be the norm for many events now too, as if heavy dps isn't rewarded enough as is, with constant dps nerfs pushing things backwards.

Whatever happened to not doing enormous heavy handed nerfs? Obviously that philosophy went right out the window. Prior to about 3 years ago more utility was being added. Fun abilities were being added. For about three years now, the game has been spiraling downhill when it comes to nerfs as more and more things are removed and more and more classes are kicked backwards in power. I'm ridiculously sick of it. They should be thankful people bother playing the game with the way things have been handled. It honestly feels like someone got in charge that hates all the fun abilities that were added and made it a mission to gut or remove them.

They are lucky their players even bother logging in after junk like this. It's not like they do slight adjustments either. They outright destroy utility and DPS. They sap the fun from the game for people. Extremely increased timer AND take mana from Clerics when using QM AND link the timers on the two mana abilities for example? Hurray for the return of super long recast abilities after the game moved away from them! Then there's the removal of entire lines of fun mob movement abilities by level capping them and then not increasing that cap when the player level cap went up. I will never stop being spiteful over the Lure of the Siren's Song nerf. It directly made the game less fun, because I enjoyed the ability so much. I seriously didn't mind switching to raiding with my cleric after the way this game's tuning has been going. Silly me not realizing the haphazard nerf hammer would hit clerics too though. It's so, so fun sitting there waiting for mana on a recovery because using an ability that used to be handy will dangerously take so long to pop up again it won't be there for the event. It wouldn't be so bad if out of combat timers weren't 2-3x as long as the real timers due to them pausing at the drop of a hat.

How can I possibly give positive feedback in an environment of constantly being shoved backwards?
    xcitng and Numzan like this.
  8. Numzan Augur

Good to see you Zunnoab, hope all is well. I have to agree with your post, this is why my mage has not been played since the last major nerf. I am sadden by its turn of events and so is its original creators.
  9. Ninelder Augur

QFT- I play a druid and an enchanter, This year I have one toon set back about 5 years and the other now set back 3 years. It's like you might as well not have played or worked on the toon at all. I am already playing my alt on raids due to the last 3 chanter nerfs. The devs just seem to grab bag complaints from whiners who want to be able to top parses while playing one handed and watching TV. They then look at a list of horrible suggestions and pick the worst one and run with it.
  10. kizant Augur

Druid DPS is still insanely better than it was just 1 year and 5 months ago. I love how most EQ players have an extremely warped perception of time.
    Brohg, Thunderkiks, menown and 2 others like this.
  11. Ninelder Augur

They nerfed shaman and druid dots, then they partially unnerfed shaman dots. My perception of time is accurate.
  12. menown Augur

And prior to that, they insanely boosted those DoTs to levels that did not correspond to the current game.
  13. Runzen Elder

How is what they did a partial unnerf ? Shaman dots are junk at best when considering other dotting classes. ive never expected to keep up with a beastlord or necro or even a chanter (before today) but after the root consolidation (still a load of $%@%) than making it so casting a dot is worthless in a group. An you cant dot on raids with three necros plus debuffs because those are valuable alliance spots for every other class. So again I ask How was what they finally ended up with a partial unnerf ?? Like the shaman is a class I used to luv, was my main forever, after the last round of nerfism I couldn't stand to play the class anymore and retired it.
  14. Ninelder Augur

15. kizant Augur

The original boost was 1.5 years ago. Where does the 3 come from? Not to mention that druid DPS is still better than most classes.
  16. Ninelder Augur

I wasn't saying 3 for the druid, they got nerfed back to VoA levels.
  17. kizant Augur

You must be the worst druid in eq history if you think that.
    Sancus likes this.
  18. Fintank Augur

Interesting how all the DoT "nerfs" still put you vastly above the damage they used to do before they started consolidating them. It's almost like they wanted to improve them to be worth casting every level increase, but not so much so that it's 90% of your DPS.

SO WEIRD LEAVE OP STUFF OP FOREVER!
  19. mmats Augur

You take that back! I am the one known as worst druid in eq history.
    kizant likes this.
  20. Gnomereaper Augur

Free mana is a problem in any game.They do not like uncapped abilities, because it creates a design space problem when adding in new content with a new level cap. One part of the new level cap is selling new versions of old spells and abilities.

Baseline is that necromancer dots needed to be redone first in order to set a baseline for everyone else. The other problem is solving the debuff slots on mobs problem as well. Once the baseline is understood, then the other factors can be involved more.

Modern Everquest right now has been trying to pull back power level, however taking away core functionality from a class that was fought for because of problem creates a problem. I remember whenever enchanter utility was a dynamic problem in Secrets of Faydwer, hobbled by mainly old technologies.

There are fewer people to play with, and frankly the nerfs hit on vital classes.