Aborted?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ceyarrecks, Jun 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceyarrecks New Member

at approximately 0901 EST there was received a SYSTEM MESSAGE that stated "sever shutdown aborted. no need to camp"

perhaps the term used might not have been clear, to me the term "aborted" is defined as the following:

a·bort
    əˈbôrt/
    verb
    past tense: aborted; past participle: aborted
    1. 2.
      bring to a premature end because of a problem or fault.
      "the pilot aborted his landing"
      synonyms: halt, stop, end, ax, call off, cut short, discontinue, terminate, arrest, cancel, scrub;
      informalpull the plug on
      "the crew aborted the takeoff"
    are we using the same definition?
    or was there those "Not Left Behind" that are using a different definition?

or using the same dictionary where the term "rare" means every ten minutes?
  2. Shavin Journeyman

Again a good job for DBC in communication :mad:
    Ceyarrecks likes this.
  3. Ghostinthemachine Elder

4. Maze Elder

In a computer or data transmission system, to abort means to terminate, usually in a controlled manner, a processing activity because it is impossible or undesirable for the activity to proceed. Such an action may be accompanied by diagnostic information on the aborted process.

Just because you do not understand definitions in a computing context, does not mean you are right.

Carry on.
  5. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

Re-read what you wrote. Did you just wake up? I don't think you said what you think you said.
    faya likes this.
  6. Maze Elder

Please explain, at any point, where I was incorrect in my previous post?
  7. KateL7 Lorekeeper

Trollololo
    Phess likes this.
  8. Blackburrow23 Elder

Boss: Announce the server restart
    Dev Announcement: Attention Players, we are restarting the server in 15 mins
    Boss: Abort the restart
    Dev to Boss: I pushed cancel button. Restart process has been aborted.
    Boss: Thanks, tell the players.
    Dev Announcement: Server restart has been aborted. No need go camp.
    Makta likes this.
  9. Ghostinthemachine Elder

Well they were right there was no need to camp the game just locked and timed out until I was booted
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Really? The message was wrong. Gonna all day about it now? LOL
  11. wiha Elder

this is like the 3 or 4 time they extended their maintenance every moth it is getting longer and longer soon it will be we are down for 2 day for so called maintenance (i call nuffing)
  12. KateL7 Lorekeeper

Did they extend it? I don't have social media or whatever they use to communicate these days.
    Phess likes this.
  13. wiha Elder

yes 2 more hrs should be about 40 mins from now i think
  14. KateL7 Lorekeeper

:( that's my bed time
  15. Phess New Member

"ZAM's EverQuest Community is temporarily down due to hardware failure."
    EQ is having 'maintenance" issues?
    Confusion over the past tense of 'abort' being used in past tense? "sever shutdown aborted. no need to camp" - isn't that past tense?
    Regardless of the question, the answer is Aliens!

While we're all bored and riding this grammor natsy trane , how about we work on the difference between "then" and "than". I started to see the confusion from the tech world in the late 90's and now it's an infestation on grammar.:rolleyes:
    KateL7 likes this.
  16. Roxxlyy Augur

This message was broadcasted unintentionally, but things proceeded with the server shutdown as originally stated.

That aside, the downtime has been extended and should run for approximately 45 more minutes - I'll keep things updated if that changes again.
  17. Phess New Member

LOL yep, they're not really on the ball with their web site. You won't find it under news, or the server status site. I looked under "Game Updates" one time and got a brag page on their 15th anniv.

That being said you will find any delayed update here:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php
    look under News and Announcements.
    KateL7 likes this.
  18. Baadan New Member

Overreact much? If you click the link on the patcher you'll see big red letters saying that the game is down. Move your eyes one inch down the page and you'll find a shortcut to the update about the downtime.

Plus, although you seem to have finally found it, you should link directly to the post to prevent anyone like yourself from getting confused: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...esday-june-20-6-30-am-pt.249908/#post-3675225
  19. rahl New Member

I'm really not , but, you would think that in 19+ years, they could have gotten the estimated time for a patch nailed down pretty accurately by now.
  20. Phess New Member

Yes, you overreacted. I was making a statement of fact based on my opinion derived from my observation stemming from my perspective, personal baggage & a bit of sarcasm . ...Which I might add turns out to be spot on.
    But I'll excuse your misunderstanding & aggressiveness and add a thank you for mentioning one of the links in the patcher which I failed/forgot to do and a thank you for mentioning one of the 2 thread shortcuts forums page I mentioned. The other thread is Game Update Notes (Live) which gives good details on the patch itself and by looking at that expansive list is a reason why a patch can have issues.
    Thank you for your assistance.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.