Test Update 06/12/2018 - Patch Notes and Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jun 12, 2018.

1. ~Mills~ Augur

The recast timer on a dot that never had one is awful and lazy. The dev did a horrid job in tuning in 3 spots. Base damage, mana cost and the mana return aspect. Those have been corrected and can be tweaked further if needed. The recast timer needs to go away and I don't even play an enchanter but don't want this lazy way of thinking after a dev mistake to hurt a classes dots.
  2. Imminent Journeyman

I don't mind the reduction in base damage, tbh, they should not have been increased so significantly to begin with. However, instead of just cutting back the base damage, Runes were castrated in power and recast timer, mana return was castrated and now the current proposed situation...
    I would have just cut the base damages way back, the associated mana cost per spell proportionately AND gone back to tweek up the effectiveness of runes and maybe reduced the recast timer a tad to offset for the lower overall dps seeing as how now, at times, we'll have to tank critters longer.
  3. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I too used to main an ENC back in the olden days. And like you, i do not think ENCs "need" to top-out any parse.
    But yeah... i can relate to ENCs feeling somewhat "useless" perhaps (even though they still are anything but) with reduced DPS.
    One of my first raids was into the old - i.e. original - Chardok... An ENC's wet dreams come true, that.
    These days, the "best" ENCs can hope for is adds that need to be charmed/mezzed (EoK Queen+T3) and perhaps AE stuns, which back in my ENC-times i could do alone, now they need to stagger them stuns *sigh*

I'd really wish for events/scripts that'd allow for.. various approaches or "solutions", so a raid-force could employ what classes they have for max effect. If we had those, no ENC or other nerfed class would "hve to" feel left behind. The various immunities and special abilities that render player abilities useless or next to useless only make that much sense to ME.
    Daedly likes this.
  4. Angahran Augur

Already patched my UI.
    Simply removed the 'spellicons' definitions from the animations file and pasted them into the new spellicons file (so reduced from the 60+ definitions to 7).

Also noticed that the 'gemicons' do not appear to actually be used anywhere so removed those from my animations file (will see what breaks).
    Edit: 'gemicons' is referenced by 'A_SpellIcons', however it does not appear that 'A_SpellIcons' is referenced by anything.
  5. Fian Augur

While I hate to admit it, I am not entirely surprised by this nerf. My main is a raiding enchanter. I usually top my raid parse. It depends on whether I have other duties, and how many adds are up. It also depends on the efficiency of your raid force. The faster things die, the less effective dots are on adds.

So let's address the items:
    Adding a recast timer to dots - This will be the biggest reduction on my dps, as I can't cast dots on all adds. This was the nerf I feared.
    Mana return on Mind Tempest reduced - They nerfed 105 Mindstorm during TBM era I think, and I was pleasantly surprised that the mana return was much better with the 110 upgrade. My guess is they are returning it to the 105 nerf level.
    Less dps from dots (and more mana cost?) - This is entirely unnecessary. I won't be topping parses with the first nerf; this is just a kick when you are on the ground.

Frankly, I don't see the problem with a silk class being top of parse. For some reason, they are really focused on making enchanters "balanced." They apparently have no concerns about warriors. I know a dual wielding warrior that would MT raids through the efficient use of discs and abilities, that would routinely top parses. I haven't seen a single nerf to warrior dps as a result. But enchanters? They just can't stop nerfing us.

Frankly, this has really taken the wind out of my sails. I get a new computer and was looking forward to playing HD Skyrim on it. Now, I am wondering if I can even pull myself away from that to raid. While I understand, that nerfs are occasionally needed in an online game, the zealousness with which Daybreak pursues them, and the repeated targeting of certain classes, it just becomes too much.
    Cailen likes this.
  6. Sindaiann Augur

I dont disagree with you all. I dont think the DPS nerf or managing mana is too much. The devs didnt listen when they implemented this stuff in the first place.

I'm fine with what this will equate to, which btw is a lot more than 25% when you talk about multiple mob dps potential but is also going to be offset with more direct damage as well.

In saying that I just yearn for much more CC related raid content as a trade off. None of it matters currently and that is a shame, and from this standpoint what is the problem with the DPS if we have basically no CC? We dont need to discuss the mana return aspect either because anyone with half a brain understood it was insane and should of been changed. We told the devs too, they just didnt listen.

No offense it's very very very rare anything hits TEST and then gets altered before LIVE unless it's something that is completely broken.

They wont change this, but they should remove the recast timer because as I said our own mana problems will be it's own limitations now.
    Zhaunil_AB and kizant like this.
  7. Dzarn Developer

Are you running a custom UI with changes to the default spell icons that hasn't yet been updated?
    I'm not able to reproduce the issue in either the default UI or the classic_spell_icons set.
  8. p2aa Augur

Clearly DPS people in your guild need to WAKE UP. As a raiding warrior, even when going full DPS mode on some mobs with 2H stance and burning DPS discs, I never make the top 10 ever.
    So sorry to play the card "Learn to play better", but this is what DPS in your guild need to do.
    Rumplestilskin likes this.
  9. Redhead Journeyman

10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Unfortunately, that’s not how Forum Quest works. :(

We have so many years of crazy things being defended, it’s pretty nuts.
  11. niente Developer

I'm having trouble reproducing this, can you give some more details as to what you're doing when you don't see both characters in the list?
  12. ramble New Member

The Froglok Ilis Wizard from Old Sebilis weapon swing damage is a great deal higher once it becomes charmed than it does while it is not charmed.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I am using the original default spell icons and buff icons in my custom UI folder.
    Gem icons 01.TGM
    Gemicons02.TGA
    Gemicons03.TGA
    Spells01.TGA - Spells07.TGA

This has worked fine for years since they put the new icons in which I hate as I always found them blurred and cluttered.

The only other files in my UI folder are
    EQUI_Target Window.xml
    EQUI._PlayerWindow.xml
    EQUI_GroupWindow.xml
    EQUI_ExtendedTargetWindow.xml
    EQUI_CastSpellWind.xml
    EQUI_BuffWindow.xml

Everything else it takes from the default folder.
  14. Ssdar Augur

They changed the naming scheme of the spells0X.tga. Reduce all the numbers by 1 to fix it.(spells01.tga to spells00.tga... spells 07.tga to spells06.tga)
    Winnowyl, Xeladom and Dzarn like this.
  15. Fian Augur

If you are using 2h, then you aren't MT and aren't getting riposte damage. The trick of the warrior in question was about being able to dual wield tank.
  16. Ghubuk Augur

He knows this. He just won't admit it.
  17. Darchon_Xegony Augur

While we are on the topic of Regeneration spells, the entire line could use a revamp. Including those 80-110.

For example let's look at the Darkened Fungi Covered Staff from Hardcore Heritage:

[47301] Darkened Fungal Regrowth
    Mana: 100
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 6s
    Duration: 5m+ (50 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Current HP by 60 per tick
    2: Decrease Movement Speed by 50%
    Increases your hit-point regeneration rate while lowering movement rate.

60 HP Regen at level 105 is nothing. 105 Shaman/Druid/Beastlords buff to 200k+ HP. That's 0.03% of your HP per tick with this Regen. The original clicky was 15 HP Regen at level 60. When Shamans/Druids buffed to *maybe* 3000 HP in that era. That was 0.5% of your HP per tick.

To reach the same ratio, you'd need to increase the Darkened Fungal Regrowth to 1000 HP/tick from its current 60 HP/tick.

Even at that ratio, the game has changed too much to make that ratio significant. You would frequently go multiple mobs before you cast a single heal in those days. Now you are casting multiple heals per mob. In order to make Regen usable at the high end you'd need to increase it to something more like 5000 HP/tick. Then it might actually have some value on your buff bar. The current Regen line of spells caps at 990 HP/tick and I've seen no one really using them.

The 81-110 HP Regeneration spells deserve an upwards increase, at the highest end they could use a 5x increase and then they still would be sort of useful. Unlike HoTs or other heals, Regen spells don't focus (other than extending an already log buff), don't crit, and short duration discs don't amplify them. They just are what they are. So while this sounds like a radical change, it is overdue.

See what was done with the AE/Beam/Rain line of spells a few expansions back. It was pointed out these spells don't benefit from focus effects so they really need a big base damage increase to make them viable spells. Same treatment is needed for Regen spells.
    Koryu and menown like this.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Added spells 08 - 62 to my UI and still have the same icons.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You are wonderful !

I'm now have my beautiful old icons back :)
  20. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I updated my spells0X.tga file names. But my druid on Test has no icons on her spell bar. Buffs are fine. Spells are THERE... when I hover I get the spell name. Right now, tho, the entire area where the gem belongs is just the color of the spell (purple for group, red for single target, etc). How do I even approach fixing this?