Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Risiko Augur

Faction tab on Inventory Window

• Scrollable list of all known factions (to that character)
    • Current value of said faction (ex. Freeport Militia -550)
    • Current friendly name of said faction (ex. Freport Militia - Ready to Attack)
    • Filter 1 = Expansion (ex. Classic, Kunark, etc)
    • Filter 2 = Status (ex. All, Amiable, Warmly, etc)
    • Search = Text box and button to look up a faction by full or partial spelling of faction name
    • Radio button next to each faction in the list that relates to functionality in the Faction UI Element window
    Faction UI Element Window
    • Small UI window similar to size of the Compass
    • Progress bar for faction (0 = can't possibly be hated more / 100 = can't possibly be liked more)
    • The faction tracked by the progress bar is associated with which ever faction selected on the Faction tab of the Inventory window
  2. Angahran Augur

Or summon the corpse of someone who is not in zone.
    Giving SK a 'call to corpse' AA would be nice since Necros get rez.
    Risiko likes this.
  3. Risiko Augur

OMG this please!
    Goshdern_VZ likes this.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Not sure if it would be feasible with the current architecture, but serverside raid-parsing could be practical for evaluating raid-dps. Just having one person(or a few) posting parses, rarely gives an accurate picture, due to range and other factors. If it was done server side, maybe the parse results would prove more useful for raid-progression.
    It might even stop all those nerf-arguments if people could see the same numbers that the devs see.

Maybe introduce a command where a raidleader(or dz-leader?) could ask the instance-server to start logging for everything that was happening in that instance(and stop logging again when done) and have the complete log-file sent to him from the server by ingame mail.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Would probably be bad for performance
  6. Risiko Augur

My guess is that you are right. If I was developing it, I would set it up on an app server to run separately from the EQ server(s) itself much like the chat servers work.

We can safely assume that logs of everything is be stored on the server side as that is needed for customer service issues. To what level of detail they are saved, we can't say of course.

What I would think is that when a raid leader wants to parse any fights, they would give a command like /raidfightlog on. That would set an entry in the log that is saved. Then when they want it to end, they would give a command like /raidfightlog off.

On the server side, it would be doing nothing more than it already does other than adding one exrtra line in the logs for "raidfightlog on" and "raidfightlog off".

The service running on the app server would be running through the logs on a nightly process (or what ever the devs want), and when ever it sees an entry to "raidfightlog on", it would treat all fights from that point forward until it sees "raidfightlog off" (or x number of lines.. which ever is shortest) as something to report on.

The data for each encounter (based on mob engaged until mob dies message) would then be parsed, messaged, and stored in a database.

To retrieve processed data from fights, you type /exportraidfightlog. If there are any processed logs ready for your character, they would be written out to a raidfightlog directory. Then it's up to you to import that data in to some program like Gamparse.

Once you have exported the file, it is deleted from the server database.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think the real question is when wouldn't a raid leader want to parse and not just have a hotkey to trigger the parsing? The point being is if you create a logging ability that the players can toggle on and off as they desire it should be considered that it will always be on from that point.
  8. Risiko Augur

Either way, the method would still work. I was just giving the player the opportunity to turn it on and off because they might want to test a single mob or event.
  9. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I would love it if there was an on board parser build into the EQ UI. One which you could toggle between raid and grouping. One which would give you accurate information on all the participants. In it's current form, parsers while great having, don't tell the whole story.

Two examples of the present form. A ranger and myself (mage) took down a named mob. The ranger submits his parse information to chat and it appears the ranger did a lot of DPS and I did a horrible job. So I submit my information. Same mob, same fight. Now it's reversed. My DPS is good and the ranger looks like garbage. Now I can imagine on a raid, where's there's a lot of toons. One parse will be highly incarcerate. Some players who actually were doing a good amount of DPS will look like slackers, depending on how close they were to the one parsing.

The other example is just me moloing golems in the OT. If I'm right on top of them the parse seems accurate. My DPS seems like what it's supposed to be. But if I back up, at the far end of my casting range the parse information is vastly different. The mobs hit points are cut in half, my DPS is about half of what it should be, yet the time of the fight is about the same, maybe 5 seconds different at the most.

Until we get a true reading of what our DPS really is, there always will be a vast discrepancy. Maybe that toon that actually is doing good DPS, which in its present form they look like a horrible slacker. Perhaps they won't be scorned upon and they won't be crying for nerfs on a class which is being parsed accurately.

The DPS game will come to light if we have all the pertinent information. Not the partial information we get now.
    Jumbur likes this.
  10. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

Here's something I would like. A graphics upgrade. Characters and the environment could be improved upon to get them up to speed with the 21 century. I still like playing the game but it would be nice if the graphics improved. I would like to be able to make my female high elf mage look super cute and innocent. This would be a awesome look if it was available for example.[IMG]
    Jumbur likes this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

More buff/debuff slots on Raid NPCs
    Allow the guilds to make additional guild leaders.
    Fix hotbars, so they don't change shape when you switch from full screen to windowed.
    Stop inventory bags from closing if they are locked when zoning and exiting the bank UI
  12. smash Augur

Sure it would be nice with improved character looks. But would I sacrifice an the next expansion to get it? No, I would not, because it is a 1 year project, so long will it take, and then suffer from it for a long time, because implementing a new engine costs a lot of resources.
  13. Act of Valor The Newest Member

People don't play EQ for the graphics, this argument has been brought up and beaten down every time it's been suggested. All it would do is waste developer time and take away what people play EQ for: content.
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

more bank and inventory slots
    KateL7 and Daedly like this.
  15. segap Augur

Better yet, consolidating down the convoluted mess that is tradeskills so that people don't need to hoard so much. Simplifying the easter egg hunt that is collections so that people aren't needing to store so much crap. Don't make armor that requires two previous tiers to make, thus making people hold on to sets while they try to obtain the required ones. Don't have 20 different aug distillers. Stop making quests that require a dozen drops that need to be combined or handed in versus using the quest task system to just set flags.

The perception that more bank and inventory slots are needed is a side effect of bad game design that bloats how much junk people need (or think they need) to store.
    Goshdern_VZ, Mediik and KateL7 like this.
  16. Aurastrider Augur

I personally love hoarderquest. It gives me something to do on days when I am either to tired to play or just bored killing stuff. I enjoy looking up items on zam and eqtraders to see what they are used in. I understand its not a design that everyone likes but I think my fellow hoarders would agree that it provides more gameplay for them even if it isn't exciting or flashy like killing stuff or doing a quest.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

My lack of bank space has nothing to do with tradeskills, I have a few mules and 2 guild banks for that.
    I have collected a lot memorable pieces of gear. I have every robe I have ever owned I have various rare items, I have the quest pieces from Convorteum in the hope they one day finish the quests. Various keys, quest rewards and clickies.
  18. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

Just a wish. I doubt it would ever happen but someone can dream anyway.
    Risiko likes this.
  19. kizant Augur

How could anyone improve on some of those original models though? It would be a pretty big gamble. They lucked out the first time around with some that are pretty much perfect.
  20. CrazyLarth Augur