Test Update 06/12/2018 - Patch Notes and Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Imak Augur

Recognizing that was a new element and very likely to break my custom UI. I ran the patcher and popped onto Test server to fix my brokenstuff. First stop as usual was to peek at .DownloadInfo.txt to see what's happenin'.

Holy Motherfurious SpellIcons! We are going from a handful of .tga files containing a little over 200 different spell icons, to many dozen .tga files totaling well beyond 2000 spell icons. What's in the pipeline that suddenly warranted 10x as many spell icons ?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Dzarn Developer

:)
  3. Catashe Augur

apparently it sounds like they wanna give every spell its own icon at that rate.. lol
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This got reversed. I'll look into removing this from the patch notes. The weapon ornaments only work on weapons, and Orb of the Crimson bull is not a weapon.
    I need more information on "(Darkened) Orb of the Mystics" as I get no hits when I search for Orb of Mystics or Darkened Orb of the Mystics.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  5. ~Mills~ Augur

Darkened Cone of the Mystics is the name but its not actually a weapon either.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Thanks. Then yeah, it won't be changed either.
  7. TakeMeSeriously Journeyman

Any word on Robe of the Spring?
  8. Fian Augur

With fewer developers, they really need to stop with the nerfs. Unfortunately, enchanters are now the one they love to nerf the most. I probably am not covering half of the nerfs, but here are the biggies that have affected me from EOK to present:

The big rune nerf
    Changes the recast rate of self runes from ideally 10 seconds to 26 seconds
    Prevented similar spell lines from being recast as well
    They also reduced the mana return on our dots at the same time

Then with RoS and another nerf the recast rate was pushed up to 34 seconds

Then they reduce the strength of our self runes by about 15%

Now they are going after our dps...
    xcitng, Cailen, Xeladom and 2 others like this.
  9. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Could this please be implemented to affect all experience bonus effects (eg Lesson of the Devoted) if that's not covered in this update?

Sometimes I log out without finishing my XP pot and logging in the next day with lesson ready to burn is a minor feelsbad moment.
  10. Lamarye New Member

Looks like I can save the sub costs on my Enchanter from now. Thanks DB I was having trouble deciding to keep paying on it or not . You made it easy.

Real curious exactly what an Enchanter is supposed to be because mezz is about useless no one mezzes and Enchanter damage was already mediocre at best.
  11. Claritys New Member

What is the reasoning behind this dot nerf for enchanters? Last time we got our rune timers nerfed and that was a BIG setback. Wasn't that enough? And now this? Why? Is there enchanters that top the parses all the time on high end raiding? Don't think so. I could live with it if there was raids where I can actually play my class strength... like raids with half the adds hitting so hard that the tanks wipe if they don't get stun locked or mezzed. Like raids that require to charm a boss. I'd feel useful at least even with less dps. But as is there is 2 raids in RoS where you can mez something and both are trivial and way easy (tier 3, raid 1, basilisks and raid 2, Xalgoz protector) For my part it's time to consider retirement. I really don't feel like getting degraded to a buff bot.

Over the years you did those nerfs with Druids and Shamans. With Monks. With Zerkers. And so on and so forth. No one likes abilities or dps taken away from them.
    Please stop the nerfing and "balancing" classes. Work on making content harder/more balanced and add more quests instead. Give each class something where they can shine instead of using the chopstick across the board for any class. Your customers will appreciate it and stay loyal.

Thank you.
    Cailen, Astinox and Maedhros like this.
  12. Mortium Elder

Yes, enchanters were occasionally topping the parses and/or getting very close to the top.

13. Draxton New Member

- Corrected an issue where characters with similar names would not appear in the loot list on the Advanced Loot Window.

My alt “Draxaltalt” still does not show up in the advanced loot window when grouped with Draxalt.
  14. Claritys New Member

@Mortium I am aware of that. The key word is occasionally. My toon is fully decked out with every best aug and item or clicky the game offers. What's wrong with "occasionally" topping the parse as a reward for all the hard work and years of proudly playing an enchanter?
    The point is across all classes. They gotta stop the nerfs and be more conservative with giving any class dps in the first place. Then they don't have to take stuff away.

I.e Druids/shaman dots. I recall playing my druid and then there was that patch where they lifted the dot dps. I was like woah now this is cool. Finally I can kite like in the old Kunark days again. Fun! Few months later. Bam nerfed away. Turned out to be not as bad as I thought but still my point stands. This giving and taking away is more then annoying. More testing then going life with dps changes please. Worst is when you had a given ability or dps level for years and then it's suddenly decided it needs nerfing.

If I see 5 <insert your class> on a top end raid in the top 10 dps then I will agree. As long as it's on occasion and only from the top players then it doesn't need nerfing.
    Cailen, Zhaunil_AB and Maedhros like this.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Guess I need to log into test and check this and just hope it hasn't broken my "old" icons.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Did you mean for
    fire icons to now be crowns
    Ice icons to now be lungs
    magic spells are now a pouch icon
    Hate reduction to now be a shoe icon
    Twin cast is now boots icon (old root icon)
    Armor of spell line is now poison icon
    Levitation is now an eye icon
    Certitude is now a man with a spear icon (well at least I think its a spear)
    Illusionary spikes icon is an arch with a star in it
    Improved familiar is a sun
    My mount is an eye with a dog it it! - interesting for a helecopter
    Invis is a man that looks more like a monkey from a distance.
    Harvest spells are grey with what looks like stars - I quite like this one.
    Atols spectral shackles icon - is a boot and a goblet

I want my hearts back! be they pink, blue, or white and red!
  17. Zaph Augur

I'ld assume that the influx of new Icons will drastically impair the use old (original) icons, I would suspect a large amount of the playerbase to use customed UI with the original icons, please lets have some safety defaults that doesnt end up causing more players to quit.

Been used to looking at a fire icon for 19 years, why change now.
    Xeladom and Yinla like this.
  18. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I too run old spell icons - the new ones hve always been way too cluttered and looked too much like one another for me.
    Unline Yinla, i won't log in to test for this - i will wait and see it on live.

Together with above replies, this lets me assume though that the definitions (which used to reside in EQUI_Animations and were therefore somewhat more difficult to change without having an UI break on patch) were "outsourced", so we should rather easily be able to maintain them.
    (Nothing was easier until this patch than to use the old spell icons, as that was simply the installing of some old .tga files, while the definitions all remained the same)
    As with other UI changes i won't bother until this goes live, but i am confident that i will be able to implement "my" spellIcons if i would want.

I hope though that the work on them hasn't been for nothing and who knows.. it might even look better.
    *pours himself another cup of tea and waits*
  19. Mortium Elder

I used to main an enchanter. I never expected them to top dps at all. Ever. It's just not their role.

I now main a berserker. Having an enchanter place above me in a raid feels very wrong. I'm also fully decked out with absolutely everything the game has to offer other than advanced banestrike.

It's just the same as the problems with druids and shaman before their nerfs. There's just too much utility you guys get to have you topping the dps charts too.

I'm quite happy to be in the top ten regularly. I don't have to be top of the charts to be happy, especially since we have a lack of zerkers in Triton and no fulminations makes for a sad zerker indeed. The group game is zerker god mode and I can live with that.

Having said that, it's a crying shame that enchanters have lost their place in the raid world and feel the need to do amazing dps to feel wanted. Some of the finest raiding experiences I had were the original raid zones of fear and hate, constantly wiping and having a real job on my hands at keeping things at bay for the raid.

Boze likes this.
  20. kizant Augur

The 9 second recast is too much imo but I think your post is only going to confirm that the changes had their intended effect.

Cutting DPS by 25% and forcing you to work again at maintaining mana sounds pretty reasonable from the outside. Assuming you really can still do pretty good DPS if you play right/don't die. Basically I think someone needs to post something additional that points to why the change is too much for any hope got it to be toned down a bit.