Test Update 06/12/2018 - Patch Notes and Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can we have the main chest not move as well please
    Axxius likes this.
  2. Metanis Bad Company

Interesting how the "necro dot revamp" has consisted entirely of nerfing the dots of other classes. So if I think my heals are too strong perhaps we should reduce plate class mitigation?
  3. Risiko Augur

I'm not sure what this means to be honest.
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Druids:

34 - Regeneration -- 5 -> 9
    39 - Pack Regeneration (group) -- 5
    42 - Chloroplast -- 10 -> 19
    45 - Pack Chloroplast (group) -- 10
    54 - Regrowth -- 20 -> 38
    58 - Regrowth of the Grove (group) - 20
    61 - Replenishment -- 40 -> 58
    63 - Blessing of Replenishment - 40 -> 58
    66 - Oaken Vigor -- 60
    69 - Blessing of Oak (group) -- 60

76 - Spirit of Stalwart -- 89 / 105 / 113 -> 120 / 144 / 154
    79 - Talisman of the Stalwart (group) -- 89 / 105 / 113 -> 120 / 144 / 154

As usual this change didn't consider Druids at all. All the spells unique to Druids (group regens for the 30-60 range and the OoW Regen spells) saw 0 increase.

However all the shaman Regen spells got increased.

Regrowth of the Dar Khura - 20 -> 38
    Spirit of Perseverence - 60 -> 70
    Talisman of Perseverence - 60 -> 70
    Spirit of the Stoic One - 72 / 75 -> 88 / 100
    Talisman of the Stoic One - 72 / 75 / 78 -> 88 / 100 / 108

Can you please increase the Regen on the Druid spells:

• Pack Regeneration
    • Pack Chloroplast
    • Regrowth of the Grove
    • Oaken Vigor
    • Blessing of Oak

Also while we are on the topic... Druid lack a Regeneration line of spells from level 71-75. While it was originally a core aspect of the class. Shamans however have the Talisman/Spirit of the Stoic One to fill in that gap.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  5. Sindaiann Augur

Need to lessen the recast timer on Mind Tempest and/or drop the mana cost.

You just destroyed the DPS and mana return of it and basically left the mana cost the same while adding a massive recast timer. The dot isnt spammable on multiple mobs in it's current form on test so the recast timer is just .

However yall wont listen anyway so what is the use? You never listen.
    Metanis and menown like this.
  6. Derd Augur

Druids had 7 regen updated, shaman 5, how is that neglecting them?

Wasn't that the reason for adding recast timer to chanters spell, so you couldn't spam it so quickly?
  7. EnchFWO Augur

The only reason to "spam" that spell is for DOTing all adds quickly. It didn't have any other benefit as the mana return and all that didn't stack.
  8. Imak Augur

A step in the right direction, thanks. Now, if you can add functionality to preview the entire set, worn all at once, so we can get a peek at what it ALL looks like instead of just viewing piecemeal, that would be ideal.
    Risiko likes this.
  9. Sindaiann Augur

The point is it doesn't need a recast timer of 9secs to restrict its spam ability. The neutering of the dot and mana return did that on its own. Now on a short fight with adds an enchanter cant even sacrifice our mana to increase our parse because of the 9sec recast timer.

This was a quick test this morning, live vs test enchanter only. Burns + Glyph on both. My LIVE parse actually should of been a tad higher but you will get the idea. Roughly 25% DPS loss and on raids you are going to see closer to 35% drop by my estimates, if not a tad more.

LIVE 75% mana- (this should of been a tad higher too) - /GU Combat Dummy Caza in 183s, 45247k @247253sdps --- #1 Sindaiann 45247k@247253sdps (247253dps in 183s) [100%]

TEST 57% mana - /GU Combat Dummy Azia in 184s, 34089k @185264sdps --- #1 Sindaiann 34089k@185264sdps (185264dps in 184s) [100%]

Mind Tempest was cast 3/4 times in a 3min window. Look at the mana usage change!! Its impossible to sustain a long event and spam, IMPOSSIBLE!

Welcome back to the days of using Gather Mana, Azure Mind Crystal, Mod Rods, 2nd spire, Horn etc and hoping you don't die while you are pushing a parse or you are screwed.

Oh yeah and we still have no meaningful CC....lmfao
    EnchFWO likes this.
  10. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Clearly you know nothing about this.

Every Druid spell that was updated is a spell shared by both Druids and Shamans.

So both classes got 7 Regen spells updated and then Shamans got 5 of their unique to their class Regen spells updated. While the 5 spells unique to the Druid class remain stagnant. Meaning the group versions of Regeneration, Chloroplast, and Regrowth will do 40-50% of the single versions. And the OoW era spells saw no update at all.

It appears to be a simple oversight and should see a fix before this patch goes Live. After all that's what the test server and these forums are for.
  11. Derd Augur

Clearly I went off the list posted above which just said druid for the list of seven spells. I apologize for the mistake.
  12. Salvanna Emberleaf New Member

No message about the ongoing instancing issues. At least an acknowledgement that an issue exists and a placative "we're looking into it" would be better than nothing.
  13. eliandra Elder

is it possible in tbm raid vendor to buy right and left eye of sul (the ac augments not the damage increase aug ) please for currencies ?
  14. Horyuken Augur

Has been asked a few times, and the Responce is always no. You can search if you want and find the exact post.
  15. ~Mills~ Augur

Remove the recast timer on Mind Tempest. Aristo's mistakes on base tuning should not completely alter how a dot is used. The reduction in base power, the efficiency adjustment and the retuning of the mana return should bring this dot back down to norrath on their own.
  16. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

- Orb of the Crimson Bull now has a slot for ornaments.

Would it be possible to do the same with the (Darkened) Orb of the Mystics?
    Zarzac and Derka like this.
  17. Hludwolf Developer

Is this still happening since the patch?
  18. mmats Augur

Not that I have seen, but it usually doesnt occur until 1-2 weeks of server uptime. At that point instances have about 10% chance of letting anyone enter.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  19. Tutankamen Augur

I struggle to see why a game in such an advanced state of years still has developers wasting time trying to 'balance' classes by hitting them with nerf sledgehammers- causing wave after wave of people to quit. Just stop. Nobody is worried about 'balance'. I haven't heard of the raid that was conquered too easily b/c there were a few enchanters in the mix. My 110 Ench is now a buff-bot again, and half the enchs I know are leaving EQ now. Is that the intention? This isn't fun for anyone. Content is what people care about. Nobody is sweating about balance.
    Mediik, xcitng, Fanra and 2 others like this.
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

That's a good catch.

There is no reason the devs could have intended the group spells to be almost worthless.