Enchanters will now feel the DoT nerfs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by mmats, Jun 12, 2018.

1. ~Mills~ Augur

It sounds to me that your guild isn't playing up to its level as a whole. Otherwise you would be having massive buff block issues that most of us are seeing all the time. Or realize the madness it is to weave 18 dots around a raid script for results just above a few other classes who are right with us out to insane durations without any off that hoopla.
  2. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

I Agree, they're all useless. In seriousness though, uh, we finished 6th. We do however police dumb DoT/debuff usage, especially like pulse procs. We also don't allow more than 4 Necros on a raid. I'm not sure what you're saying at the end there, Necros are heads and shoulders above the other classes on a medium/long duration fight, really anything that lasts longer than a minute, Necros are at/near the top. The class has been like this since inception, why are people complaining about the cast volume all of a sudden these past few years? There's plenty of other play style options

/derail
    Rolaque and Cailen like this.
  3. Brohg Augur

Enchanter is one class out of 16. According to your list, enchanter class has uniquely crucial contribution to make in more than 1:16 raid events. Sans context, sounds about right.

Please repeat the exercise, though, for any other class to gain some perspective on that. I think you are likely to come back with 0 events where any of the fifteen other classes is more than marginally better than some other. Enchanters have had, and I expect will retain, an incredibly privileged position with regards to raid role.

Which is a fine thing, that specialized and exceedingly potent abilities have narrow application. How silly would RoS be if, in its current form, all the adds in tier1 & 2 were suddenly mezable? Alternately, how screwed would raids be if those events were balanced around their adds being mezable, without 50 more skilled high end enchanters with 100% raid attendance spread evenly across the servers to recruit?
    Sheex and Sancus like this.
  4. ~Mills~ Augur

Can take this debate to a necro thread but if you can run 4 necros in a raid your guild as a whole is leaving massive amounts of dps on the table.

Your druids, mages, wizards, enchanters, bsts, zerkers and rangers are all doing something behind max potential if you are head and shoulders above them after 60s duration.
    Xinj and Allayna like this.
  5. Sindaiann Augur

No one said we didnt have other ways to contribute. We clearly do and I will continue to do that plus push all aspects of an enchanter as I always have.

I have zero issue with our DPS being lessened, I would just rather see content like Sendaii Hive Queen or Arx1 where mezzing was important to a raids success as a trade off.

The point was mezzing doesnt matter at all in current raid content or very minimally. That sucks as an old school player from 2002 as an enchanter main.

And I don't have to repeat the exercise for other classes Brohg, I dont speak on other classes as others do on these forums and call for changes or nerfs. I concern myself with my own class.

Historically mezz type raid content only ever required 1 or 2 enchanters to complete it. Where do you think current content having cc crucial raids would require 50 new enchanters to pop up? Do current guilds that have completed RoS have 0 enchanters? I think not.

I used to do Arx1 by myself, and mezz all 3 sides as they each went active. And maintain cc on em while our guild went thru the adds.

Quantity doesnt replace quality. Never has.
    EnchFWO likes this.
  6. MasterMooCow New Member

Due to the population of my server and the time that I am able to play, I am forced to solo 99% of the time. I was really enjoying being able to solo efficiently in FM with max DoT AAs. If the changes are as significant as they suggest, I will not be renewing my subscription either. Charm killing and reverse charm killing is still doable, sure, but adding nerfs to try to make the game more challenging / increase experience timesinks is only going to drive people away.
  7. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

If you're filling/nearly filling the debuff slots (Which we do, just not constantly/prohibitively) there's nothing being left on the table, if you're allowing everyone to cast whatever they want you'll run into issues

Miscommunication there, after 60s it's viable to be at/near the top 10, getting into the 2-3m range a Necro should be able to secure the top, I'd posit that we have some of the best in game at every class, even the filthy bards
  8. fortuneteller Augur

If casting a spell, and you get the mana back that it costed after 20 sec, then it is just as bad for group game as for raid game. Keep as many mobs dotted as you can, and Cash back the mana you used. It is like shaman's canibalize, except you do not have canibalize to keep your mana up, So for that, the recast is ok.
  9. fortuneteller Augur

This is something for a lot of DoT classes.

There a large amount of DoT's which got start damage, and then damage per ticks.

Maybe time for those start damage to be put into the damage per tics, That way you cannot use dots which got a huge start damage as a DD.
  10. Fintank Augur

The natural order is Rangers > Necros > Other classes <3 (We heart Dart)
  11. Zaknaffein Augur

Fixxed.
  12. Allayna Augur

Weird that your top dps isn't a zerker or mage...
    menown likes this.
  13. Fintank Augur

It was more of a joke to Scorn, I swapped DPS mains from a Necromancer to a Ranger so hence my "natural order" :p

With that being said, I eat Mages and Berserkers for breakfast! (Sometimes)
  14. Siddar Augur

They will move on alliance spells next.

Everyone is next!
  15. Cleaver Augur

Anything that is remotely useful is next :)
  16. p2aa Augur

How did this thread turned from a chanter dot nerf complain to how much DPS necros parse ?
  17. Allayna Augur

[IMG]
    Evast and Gana like this.
  18. ShadowMan Augur

There has never been a year pause. Other classes dots have been revamped or adjusted pretty much every few patches going on over two years now, with the unseen legwork going on in between around his other duties. You have zero idea what he has been doing behind the scenes and could be making this overly complicated and spent 10 hrs a week the past 4 months on necros for all we know. Most of us factor for current end game but do you realize how many dot lines necros have that come in or out of play going back in 5 level increments to start and trying to wing tune all that relative to era. So while he might handle Pyre of Shadewarden one way at 110 he might have to handle it differ back when it was Marnek and even different still back when it was Dread Pyre. Repeat with all our dot lines and factor for era, etc and its a more work than every other class hes done combined and he has to get it right for TLP and Live. So you can see him being a little scared considering the mistakes already repeatedly made.

The problem with just adding debuffs which I agree is what most wanted before all this started is they have claimed system performance limitations in regards to adding more debuff slots, supposedly every npc in game would have them added which creates issues. So they were attempting to attack it from the other angle of reducing dot bloat. They have just handled it very poorly in terms of who they started with and the overall reduction turned into classes that never used dots now using them or being required to use them for alliances. They then compounded this yet again by adding alliances and more synergies and by the AA consolidation at times adding innate combat debuffs being tossed on the mobs.
  19. Anlak Journeyman

plain stupid , and a sign of they dont know the classes role on raids ,,, list of huge enchanter nerfs the few last years , nerf our agro tool , nerf our runes , nerf our dot agro , nerf our dots .. so now the class is left as buff dead ppl and do dps like a clr pet , there is not 1 raid that need and serious cc or other enchanter tools this expantions .. this is total stupid , there is a lot of classes that needs fixing and again they try to stop ppl play enchanters but smack the big nerf stick on them again and again
  20. Brohg Augur

Hyperbole helps nothing