sooo hardcore heritage, whats the point again?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zanarnar, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Zanarnar Augur

Most years I don't have any toons near the right level range... this year I decided to burn my one heroic toon to re-make my bst on Xegony and go explore hardcore unrest. Only to find the armor rewards are half as good (or worse) then what the heroic char is wearing.

So besides removing those dungeons from people leveling up alts, why does this exist again? Can the rewards be bumped up a bit so its worth going there or am I just missing something.. like it there some more questing to do so the gear gets upgraded to being useful?
  2. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Like most content when it was initially released it was a very welcome additional source of content and for many also for gear (augs/clickies etc). To go back several years later and expect it to hold the same value as it was did in the past isn’t really fair. To expect the devs to continually update old content to cutting edge new also isn’t reasonable. You look to expansions to fill that void you are requesting.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love new content continually but that was almost a decade ago we were even close to that having two expansions per year.

Hope you find other reasons to play and enjoy the game rather than cherry pick things to hate on as the experience wasn’t what you had hoped and thus attempt to question its very existence in the game...
    Quatr, Sancus and feeltheburn like this.
  3. phattoni Augur

it had its purpose back in the day, it was part of the gear progression, or replaced part of it anyways, and was a lot easier to obtain.
  4. svann Augur

There are a few good things in there. Tanks want the cone thing for when they have to tank stuff they cannot damage. I still have my helm that casts a seeing eye and use it. There is the box that everyone camps 24/7. The glowing armor is still good unless you have a tradeskiller, then not so much.

But shouldnt there be a new HH every year?
    Goshdern_VZ and Fadyena like this.
  5. slayerofbats Augur

I always miss it. I wish they would make it an option when you zone in to those zones. Like when you go to feeroot and it asks if you want the real one of the dream, when you go to Seb or whatever it should ask if you want the real one of the HH. And leave it all year.
  6. Eggolas Augur

Unrest yields armor (Thach quest) for a level 71. As such, it is superior to Elegant Defiant, especially for AC starved plate classes. Other HH sites drop the necessary items for level 85 armor. As such, the items are superior to the Heroic versions you get (which are really more like HoT Tier 1), 220AC vs 197 AC.

Then there is the Seb revamp and some truly nice items! Some players use the lower level armors to twink their alts.
    Quatr likes this.
  7. Karhar Dream Crusher

That takes dev time that they have limited of.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Not sure what level Unrest was aimed at, different zones are different levels from level 71 through to level 105. Sadly nothing aimed at level 110 chars.
  9. Zanarnar Augur

I understand that; its just very disruptive so I expected ... I don't know more from it or it to be kept relative somehow... your right though. It was just well timed this year, I had recently made the heroic toon, so he was still 85, unrest is aimed at 85s. Seemed like a good chance to relive some old memories and replace some of that silly green armor I was wearing. I was just .. disappointed when I saw the rewards. To be fair the armor is only req lv of 71 but.. I'm not sure a 71 would even be capable of killing there...

The Crushbone/Perma stuff would be an upgrade, but that's not open yet and I'm not sure how well an 85 will fare solo in a zone aimed at 90s. We will see :)

Actually that's just it, Unrest drops Glowing Othni, which makes Restless hide armor for leather classes.. The next tier up would be an upgrade but its also aimed at lv90s.

Thanks for the replies guys, I really wasn't that upset or anything just a little bummed and wondering if I was just missing something. (like some way to upgrade the armor another step) Looks like for now I just wait and put the alt I was leveling on hold till July 7 ;) Maybe they'll move the HH versions to something like an AoC and leave the base zone alone some day.
  10. fortuneteller Augur

Not everyone got a heroic toon, and some does play up normally.
  11. Gnomeland Augur

The first set from Blackburrow, etc. = Secrets of Faydwer set 3, but is a lot easier to obtain and can be used at level 71. It's basically the best group equipment you can get at level 71 and you can probably obtain it with level 75 characters.

The second set from Permafrost, etc. = House of Thule set 3, but has the same level requirement, and is just as hard to obtain. It's basically useless now that House of Thule is open.

The third set from Solusek B, etc. = Rain of Fear set 3, but can be used at level 90. It's basically the best group equipment you can get at level 90, though your characters won't be able to obtain it at level 90 because the monsters are too hard. It is easy for a level 110, though.

The fourth set from Sebilis = Empires of Kunark set 2. It has the same level requirement, but might be easier to obtain, depending on which rare you're talking about.

So I would say that the first set, third set, and the fourth set all have their use. The second set is bad and not that useful these days.
  12. Cleaver Augur

HH zones,content,items should scale to max level of the current game. Devs spend time creating this content and its only really viable for what a few months ? aside from the people who want to argue about the clicky or procs on some of the weapons/items.
    Goshdern_VZ and slayerofbats like this.
  13. segap Augur

Don't forget that none of the visible items from Sebilis let you upgrade to RoS visibles. They're a dead end and still require you to get the equivalent stat EoK T2 visible items.
  14. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Would you please let me know the name of these two items? I'd like to add them to my wiki so players know to get them.
  15. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Fanra likes this.
  16. svann Augur

darkened cone of the mystics
    non-damage primary hand for when you need to tank stuff without hitting it, but still want stats in the slot

darkened singing steel helm
    lasts twice as long as the eye from the old singing steel helm
    Fanra likes this.
  17. Aurastrider Augur

The point is loot and nostalgia for some. There are still some very nice items to be had like ACOF, tank and healer circle clickies and lots of twink gear. It's fun if you enjoy the zones with potential nice loot. If you don't like the zones there are hundreds of others to pick from and enjoy.
  18. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Hit up Gribbles in DDHA. That's where the intensely replayable fun in EQ is at :D Or start on FV with your high level, farm HHH Seb stuff, cash in, and buy everything you need for your alts as they move up. Lots of paths to beat da EQ.
  19. Zanarnar Augur

DDHA? no idea what that even is... nostalgia is why I'm still here. I only realized HH was on when I logged in the lv45 I'd been working on in sebilis and he was dead before my screen even finished loading. (Played Beta 4 -> just after OOW came out.. hated it, left for WoW; came back with the release of RoF.. /LOVED IT/, CoTF wasn't too bad... quit again after that tho.)

Leveling to current max has little interest for me as I don't really have the playtime to spare, or anyone to play with. So I tend to cherry pick fun stuff for me and do it again in my free time. For me that's taking a character from 1-65ish.

Najena, Unrest, SolA, SolB, Upper and Lower Guk, City of Mist, Sebilis, Howling Stones... all have very strong fun memories for me. Those are the zones I enjoy re-leveling through. Most of which are death-traps right now. So like I said I fired up the heroic one I made expecting to be able to progress on him but nope. So I'm back to just Phinny until HH is over.

The one I had was a free one they gave out a bit ago.. thought everyone got that freebie. Maybe just subscribed ppl? Anyways wasn't trying to brag on that or anything just a data point.
  20. Tutunka Journeyman

One new HH event per 2 years is what appear's to be the norm. I very well may be wrong tho just my thoughts on that.