Anyone else scared to play in case the game closes some day soon?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by KateL7, Jun 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yimin Augur

That thread had nothing at all with the game folding , if you read the OP and it is crystal clear you did not ..But I think the game will be around for at least 5 more years ...

Yimin
  2. eqgamer Augur

Not even close. Smh. Anyway. Long live EQ.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Imho the relevant part of that post is:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/the-540.249697/page-2#post-3671685
  4. KateL7 Lorekeeper

That is one weird reply... You would spend 5000 hours on something and don't care when it all gets taken away from you? You are aware there are other games out there right? Things to do that you can enjoy long term and not worry about it all being taken away?

That is a useless analogy. EQ is not about enjoying the moment to moment gameplay and never was. It is about building up characters over long term, getting them gear, getting them levels. Don't pretend that doing a CR is fun, or killing the same mob 10000 times to get some levels is something you would choose to do without the reward you get at the end of it.

Wait what?! What false information am I spreading exactly? Do you not even know that you are playing a game that could end any time? Have you never heard of SWG or Vanguard or any other MMOs that have closed down?

I was a big Vanguard player and they announced new development and said they had hired new staff for that game. Then just a few months later they announced it would close.
    Slippry likes this.
  5. Numiko Augur

My name will always be in the Landmark credits because i bought the premium founders pack!

.... oh wait .. :oops:
    Slippry likes this.
  6. Aurastrider Augur

Scared to play? No! A little more reluctant to throw tons of money at it? Yes. A little less reluctant after servers are still up following all the latest news? Yes. I enjoy this game and will keep on enjoying it until I either no longer enjoy it or it closes down. Letting fear control our lives is no way to live. I could die driving to work tonight but I am still going to leave my house and risk it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.