Darkened Box of Nil Space

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dewey, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Dewey Augur

I hate how rare this box is. There is only 1 camp in the zone. So far I have been at that camp since HH came out this year for 17 hours. During that time no box has dropped...

Sure I get it, it's rare and it is "Hardcore Heritage"

This camp has made me consider making 30 free to play accounts. Just so that I can open another /pick to camp the box.

I guess I don't need the box, so I will probably go elsewhere. It's just ridiculous on how little the named pops, the named has the box, etc...

I guess I just don't "need" the box, and I will have to go elsewhere. However; truth be told. I would stay at that camp all weekend trying to get the box. (If someone else wasn't already there)

It would be nice if the box could be a zone wide drop, or the box always drop from the guy, etc... I would hate to think my best option for getting this box is to make 30 toons.
  2. Cicelee Augur

I simply do not understand the desire for so many to spend such an inordinate amount of time for a bag.
  3. Tutankamen Augur

Of course... I camped it for like an entire day the other day and the mob didn't even spawn. It was PH EVERY time. the real killer is the 27 minute respawn timer. Ridiculous amount of time on repops.
  4. Weebaaa Augur

I saw four in the first week of camping it last year. (And it was ~3 hour sessions, maybe 15 hours there)

Keep the faith!
  5. Weebaaa Augur

Had the logs so I checked.
    12 PHers (Skeletal Harbinger)
    4 Named
    3 Boxes

Belieeeeeeve!
  6. Imak Augur

78 PHs
    1 Named
    Knuckle Dusters

Oh, I believe in somethin alright . . .
  7. Weebaaa Augur

8. Dewey Augur

Wow you got lucky.
  9. blood & gufts Augur

The worst thing about the box is that 1 grp can monopolze the camp, and by being smart, swap people in and out of Group, thereby being able to keep it 24/7/4 a month.

And what can be done about this. Well, this will direcly not do anything, but might prevent people from getting people into camps too easy,or not able to get to camp at all(unless got a rogue/bard friend).

1) Remove CoH ability in zone, 2) remove the locked doors.

Reason 1, so people cannot get from camp 1 to camp 2 and other way, by having a magician in each camp. Reason 2, removing the need for having a bard/rogue

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Then directly about the problem, a few suggestions.

1) Keep it is as it.

2) Let named summon, mobs to assist it, making it harder(but bad for those with less hit power/tank power)

3) Let the bag become random drop from any mobs in the zone, like augs, but rarer.

4) Let the named be able to spawn from any spot in the zone, but can only be up 1 at a time

5) Let the named have 3 camps, far from each other, but only 1 named able to be up at a time. They need to be located far from each other,
  10. Intenso Augur

didnt they say there is no camps? and its a dps race? so most dps wins?
  11. Thraine Augur

Yeah, sony didint recognize camps, i doubt DBG does either
  12. svann Augur

There are consequences for camp stealers. Pretty sure you already know that though.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  13. Shadows Journeyman

Perhaps the drop rate was set without taking into consideration how rare the named spawn actually is. Or maybe it was? Case in point, the 40-slot bag from Ring of Scale nameds appears to be... extremely rare.

If this encourages such long-term monopolization of a camp, though (an issue that is independent of how rare a bag should or shouldn't be), then I'd look at making it have a chance to drop from any named in the zone.
  14. skabe Elder

18 hours ... 2 named ... 1 box.
    In comparison ... I was clearing entire Vault so phs for 5 named ... Saw the crypt caretaker the most (10) Yosig (4) other two named 1 each. This was in 2 sessions last week.
  15. Smokezz The Bane Crew

This post is very familiar. Seems this discussion took place just 1 year ago.
    Dewey likes this.
  16. Gnomeland Augur

Sure, because the rate of rare in this particular camp is stupid, and since you only have a few weeks to do it, people are going to complain.
  17. Febb Augur

This is the problem with revamping classic zones. The spawn mechanics of those zones are not revamped and such you have old world ph tables with even more rare named. Especially when the drop only drops off one npc in the zone then it's a bottleneck and creates a hostile environment where people are taking over camps and such.

It would probably be better to put the box on multiple named and lower the chance for it to drop so you can still control how many boxes are going out the door but at least give more people access to a chance at getting it.
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Last year's HH Sebilis was self-regulated by limits on people's handling of mobs (Level 105, EoK gear) and demand for other items (Darkened Sludged Girdle). Now, most players are Level 110 and in Conflagrant gear (near RoS T2) so they can molo named. And, many items like Darkened Sludged Girdle and vis armor have been replaced by Conflagrant so people are being funneled to 40-slot box almost exclusively. By coincidence, other "go-to" items such as Darkened Keg Popper, Nathsar Greatsword, and Cone of the Mystics also drops in and among the undead near the Crypt.
  19. Dewey Augur

It's the bag of never drop...

I don't mind camping it. However; it seems that it is about the only camp worth it in zone to stay at. Every other camp is empty most the time. Even with 15 people in zone or 20 people in zone; all groups seem to be waiting for the /crypt or /box camp.

It would be nice if the /pick number was decreased since there are hardly ever 30 in zone on my server.
  20. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Do away with /pick and make instances - all i'm saying to this!