Hopeful Suggestion: Open up all raid requests up to TDS (FTP limit)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tutankamen, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Tutankamen Augur

I have a suggestion I hope the devs will hear... I mentioned it to a GM and they said I should bring it up on the forums or use /feedback (I chose the forums).

I wonder if we can have raid requests not require the raid/ group task requirements anymore for raids up to and including TDS. This will work in much the same way Anguish works now- where the quest and progression is no longer required to request all raids up to that point. The reason being is that many of the requirements to request raids, are previous raids, which have mechanics that make them non-accomplishable without a very large raid force. This basically leaves much of EQ inaccessible to many players and many smaller guilds. By cutting that off at TBM it will leave normal progression open for guilds that have stayed remotely current, but open up possibilities and new opportunities for older players that have very small guilds or groups available to them. That way some of the more mechanicatlly manageable events will be open for fun and achievements.

thanks
  2. Intenso Augur

cant remember any raids that require large raid force to unlock tds?
  3. blood & gufts Augur

Think you misunderstood the OP, I think he Means that the progression thing should be removed, so you do not need all the progression stuff.

So, you can get to level and then come right from the street and request the raids. Example, you start a hero char, get to level 105 not doing any stuff, only leveling up. Then you go request TDS raids, not doing any progression at all.
  4. Daedly Augur

I took it as all raids of every tier in the TDS expansion would be requestable without need to complete the raids that would normally come before it.
  5. Shadows Journeyman

My gut reaction was "no way, just do the progression", but then it occurred to me that there are a number of raid events that, no matter what level you are, require a certain number of live players present to complete (whether because of time limits or split-raid mechanics, etc.). And this number in some cases is a higher number than what (I think) should be reasonably expected as far as "just gather up enough people to do it".

I have a difficult time with the idea of removing any progression requirements at all, but I think the 'high minimum number of players' issue is a fairly strong argument in favour of some sort of concession.

If there is a way to remove prerequisite raid events from requirements while leaving in prerequisite group tasks/missions, that might be the ideal scenario.
    Tutankamen and Daedly like this.
  6. Tutankamen Augur

I'm not sure if my main post was confusing or not but TDS just happens to be the cutoff point for which I was recommending removing the raid request requirements... I was thinking TDS and ALL expacs below that. I have a thread open in player support b/c , even though I have ALL of the CRAZY amount of requirements to request SS raid, I can't request it. And after petitioning, etc etc etc... I'm just thinking... why do we have to have all this for a raid that's 10 years old? Nobody will even do the raids you need to request these any more and some of those raids have an enormous amount of players required to do that, all doing things simultaneously. There is just no way to get that many people interested from a pickup raid- as Shadows said. It was done for Anguish so I was thinking , it's about time it could be done for other expacs.
  7. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I don't think removing the Request requirements is as easy as removing the flag to do them. I wouldn't be against them removing the request requirements, but I don't think this is something they want to do. Other then a few illusions/clickies, there's not a whole lot to gain by doing them other then for good old times sake.
  8. Funk Augur

If you want to request a Convorteum raid or any other raid that requires it do the progression. It doesn't need to be "unlocked" for people too lazy to actually play the game. Do the group progression!

I think I've seen this characters name on FV so this is obviously just a request for an easy street to get raid loots to sell and gear alts, as well as currency that can be traded.

There is always the option of asking if someone can request said raid for you.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They used to change the raids after X amount of time that only the requester needed the flags, not every member of the raid. Don't know if they still do that or not.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  10. Tutankamen Augur

Funk you clearly have 0 idea what you're talking about. I have no problem doing group progression, its the raid progression aspect of these raids that you can't accomplish today, because people don't feel like it's 'worth it'. Even Fippy is not doable with 1 group, because the way to defeat fippy is thru procs and a group won't provide enough of those before the timer... but as I said you clearly have no clue what you're talking about.
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

There already exists a(n automated) system doing this, and it is specifically designed so that it is NOT the same as the content that is opened for free. Everyone gets zone in access at one point to content a couple years older than the free content, and a content a couple years older than that has its request requirements unlocked. The only exception to this is the number of characters needed to request specific events; this the Devs still have to manually update. This is so that those who are not paying for expansions still have things they need to do in order to gain access to the highest end content available to them. There is nothing wrong with this.

Now, it would be nice if raid content would automatically lower the number of players required to request it after so many expansions have been released as the other unlocks work. For example, the current standard minimum for a raid is 18 people to request; so when an expansion is the 5th most recent expansion that number could drop to 12 people, when it is the 7th most recent I could drop to 6 people, the 9th most recent could drop to 3 people, and the 11th most recent it could drop to just 1 person. If a raid has a lower or higher required number of people then it would reach one sooner or later depending.

There however is no reason at all to change how many people it takes to do a raid. It was a huge mistake when they did that repeatedly with Ink`tu`ta over the years, and with any luck they learned from that and just leave those kind of raids alone.
    Which raid specifically are you talking about? There are too many things which can be abbreviated to SS.
    Also, 10 year old content already does have the request requirements removed from it last I checked.
  12. Tutankamen Augur

Hi Xian... that’s a common misconception and I’m seeing people confused about this ... requirements for flagging to zone in are indeed removed but the hefty raid requirements (and group) to request have not changed ... Sanctus Somnium for instance , which is what I’m talking about. If you haven’t done a lot in HOT you can test it and see...and the raid reqs are the big problem. For SS I posted in player support bc even WITH all of the items listed as required in zam I cannot request it ... which is what spurred this thread.
  13. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

So you have 18 people in your raid when you try and request it?
  14. Bigstomp Augur

I would love the keying requirements in raids being removed but I don't see a big reason to remove the pre-req's to request. Usually you can find someone who has done the group missions.
  15. Tutankamen Augur

@Xian- the min number of players listed on alla to request the raid is 6
    @Bigstomp - the group tasks as I said... it's not a problem... it's the raid requirements. For instance, Convorteum requires ALL raids done in the expac to request... Sanctus requires All Raids...