Account to account transfer

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Moak, May 30, 2018.

1. Moak The Most High

Hey- I was curious if they fixed the issue with account to account transfers?
  2. Yruc Augur

No. No ETA on when service will be available again. It has been several months since it has been available, it maybe faster to level up a new character than to wait on the transfer to be fixed.
  3. Roxxlyy Augur

Unfortunately Yruc is correct and I still don't have an ETA. I tried to push this again recently, but we don't have a wealth of resources to get transfers done manually or to quickly create a tool to do it for us. It's still something that's on the "to do" list, though.
    narksar, DillyBar, -xeus- and 3 others like this.
  4. Dreadmore Augur

Faster, yes, but a lot of us would rather not put that effort in all over again I think.
  5. doah Augur

Busy fixing floating Plane of Mischief castles apparently.
  6. ForumBoss Augur

I didn't want to, but I actually did this. I had a monk with about 1000aa back in January and re-rolled him since he was stuck on my sk mains account. Now my replacement monk is 75 w/1200aa. I'd still transfer some characters if they enable it though.
  7. Hadesborne Augur

I just decided to keep my other account free to play until they enable this service again. I refuse to give them that extra money until I can get the benefit out of it that I want. I have multiple characters on my main account with no drop gear that I want to transfer to another account and begin boxing. Looks as if they will just do without my subscription money for additional accounts AND the money I will pay them for the transfer service. The funny thing is, they would have had a decent chunk of change from me alone in subscriptions and transfer fees already, had they prioritized fixing transfers. Procrastination hurts.
    KC13 and Gosan Kai like this.
  8. Plato New Member

Customer service is a key performance indicator. You can't grow a successful business without happy customers and given that account transfers has consistently been one of the hottest threads for the past 6 or 7 months, it is obvious that customers are speaking to deaf ears. I saw this wee gem posted on a website of ex-employees. I think this person almost has it right "They may be able to manage money, but they haven’t been able to figure out humans.”
    Gabbrial likes this.
  9. Dreadmore Augur

Life goes on.
    Archery and Geroblue like this.
  10. Ghazghul Journeyman

You honestly think this is the case after 19 years??
  11. Dreadmore Augur

Plato and Hadesborne may be making some assumptions and bringing emotions into their posts about the state of account transfers that make them appear less thoughtful, but really, the core of the message is simple: We want account transfers back. I can get on board with that, so I wouldn't want customers to stop voicing their opinions either. I don't doubt DBG's ability to see through the rhetoric and prioritize appropriately for their situation.
    Archery likes this.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Perhaps its related to the fact the program(EQ) can no longer operate on Windows xp - in other words when they changed the game they broke this transfer function - could be it needs something in the old windows programs.
  13. Feznik Elder

Eh, every day Daybreak doesn't have account to account transfers fixed, they are loosing business, that is the bottom line___

Even if they hired a person to do it manually for 6 hours a day at minimum wage, they'd be making profit of moving files from one account to another. Not sure how much technical expertise or training your really need to do this sorta monotonous task every day for a few hours.
  14. Dreadmore Augur

Sorry to paraphrase and use your own words against you, but this is the key. We don't what the technical requirements are for this.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  15. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

If it was cheap or easy, it'd of been done by now.
    Archery and Dreadmore like this.
  16. Condain New Member

Can we get some form of an update, or something that states definitively that Account to account transfers are or are not coming back to the game of Everquest?
  17. Derd Augur

It's been 7 months , I'd stop wondering. And to the poster a few above this... You really want someone making min wage to be in charge of your transfers? I'd say no to that idea :)
  18. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Was this not good enough for you Condain?

Archery, Lilliee and Nennius like this.
  19. BardCorpse0254 New Member

Gonna throw two stones with one post,
    I have held back on posting about this in hopes that the problems would be resolved but now it reads that DBG has no plan to even look at the issue.

Back when the bard class was revamped and Fade became crap along with a few other details about the class I stopped playing him and picked up on a progression server. Now my accounts are about to come due after being paid up for 2 years and I'm left wondering should I take the chance of subscribing for such a long term. I am not one to pay by month so this is a big deal for me. I love the game but after four months time of trying to move 1 character (the bard) to a box account, it gives me serious doubts about how much longer this game will last.

To hear there are no resources and that the problem is not being looked into after half a year has gone by is disturbing news on top of the problem it self. I'm sure the daily expenses on top of equipment upgrades is not cheap but the two servers I played on averaged roughly 200 actually players by my estimate of the 4 active guilds on those servers. Long story short not including the boxed accounts paid for and other add on its half a million dollars Net/year. I will most likely keep my main account up for the next year but honestly I am considering not renewing the other 3. I'm sure you have heard this treat many times over about people canceling the game, some hold true, some I'm sure the rest are just idle treats but either way you have to admit this is increasing becoming a sore subject that will become more and more of a problem as time goes on.

For me its not that I can't roll another bard, I already started again a few days ago because after the 3rd time checking on the transfer I've learned there is no chance still, to move it. It may sound silly but the nostalgia of keeping that one toon going, even if now only a box, brings a sense of joy to the game that I truly hope last forever.

Maybe EQ is next on the chopping block like the others they have eliminated. I have no idea what their thought process is but I hope not...
  20. Boyboi Elder

Couldn't you just make it so that an individual can transfer one toon to a different account per month or something to cut down on the workload?

Or I mean hire me, I'll do it for free for awhile if it means I can get some of my toons sitting there useless onto an account where I can actually use them...

Why did this suddenly stop working anyways?
    Msfit likes this.