Live Update Bugs 05/16/2018

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, May 16, 2018.

1. niente Developer

Thanks for the report, this is fixed internally.
    Nniki, Tiranniel and Sumonerr_Tunare like this.
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Sure, it's not the literal proc effect, but a similar *similar, not exactly same) code path. A spell that casts another spell through some method. In this case, it's only checked at the time of cast instead of continuously like a proc, but... the similarities are there.
  3. Santeria New Member

This happens to Shaman pets as well so I suspect it happens to all pets.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Handling multiple layers of transparency in a 3d scene correctly, is non-trivial. It requires you to sort all the transparent polygons(or pixels) by depth afaik, and can slow down rendering considerably if done clumsy.
    Just rendering the scene unsorted gives lots of glitches, the ice-crystals in Western wastes are another example of that.

Hint for the Devs! http://www.cs.cornell.edu/~bkovacs/resources/TUBudapest-Barta-Pal.pdf

;)
    niente likes this.
  5. drEvil Lorekeeper

Plane of Justice: Trial of Stoning: NPC "a pitiless avenger" is supposed to ranged attack PCs and the NPCs "an accused prisoner" but they do not do either, making the trial incredibly easy and almost impossible to fail. (Also a side note the first time I ran this recently , the script failed to spawn the appropriate number of mobs per wave [4] to progress the script, thus keeping it in a state of constant broken-ness and it never reset until the server reset)
  6. Santeria New Member

It is actually much less than 54 buffs. My shaman pet had 45 buffs on it today and lost them all when I zoned.
  7. doah Augur

Was just noting the water was being on top of the illusions layer. It happens in various zones with this illusion model.
    Jumbur likes this.
  8. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Raid - Sathir's Tomb instance
    After completing the Crypt Robbers event, the door to the Drusella's Vault event would not open. Some additional info that may help, Drusella despawned and announced killing the sarnak (Deutocia) correctly, but the sarnak did not despawn. This also happened at the exact same time that Drusella announced there was still 13 minutes remaining before enrage timer. We dropped the instance and requested a new one, and when we completed the Drusella's Vault event, Deutocia was one of the 3 sarnak that attacked us during the final wave.

Group Mission - Balance of Power
    The raid version of High Arcron Ioulin still spawns in the group mission and can aggro players early instead of being locked in noncombat stasis like the other ghosts. It's definitely the raid version mob because it cons as red instead of blue and can summon from 100% health instead of needing to be damaged first.
  9. segap Augur

Are you seeing a different bug than most of the rest of us? Is this not happening after killing Ri'zyr when the ghosts starts moving to you?

What I typically see is the ghost poofs and the group High Arcron Loulin spawns, then the ghost re-spawns with Loulin still up. It's the group living Loulin, red con, summons (all the group minis summon once activated if not engaged at 100%), hits like the group one and has the hp of the group one.

I see this most often when I position my group near the east wall in the room where you kill Ri-zyr. If I stay in the middle of the room, it does not happen. As I said in a different thread, this seems like a pathing issue (the zone is really bad for pathing) and it looks like the script that fixes the stuck ghost re-pops Loulin. The extended target window shows the ghost aggro, poof, Loulin aggro, then the ghost aggro again.

On a side note, it looks like the three drakes were changed in the last patch. They're now much more interested in you and start pathing to players at the start of the mission. I used to rarely ever encounter them, now they always come right away. Sometimes in groups of 2 or 3 which can be fun when they all fling different players in different directions. They all seem to follow the same path behind the General's tower around it and to the bridge. They also like to attack from under the bridge when you're on it and can attack you, but you can't attack back.
  10. Nniki Augur

We also had this happen on Wed/Thurs after the patch. However, I don't recall any specific details. Haven't seen it again since then though.
  11. doah Augur

In Fullscreen, I have a hot button bar up in a 4 down 3 across config and I have it locked. If i switch to windowed mode then back to full screen, it changes the bar into a 6 down 2 across format.
  12. svann Augur

The graphics for Hoshkar's jump and then landing is not coordinated with the damage effect. He jumps, then lands but the damage doesnt come for several seconds. So if you run back in after you see him land its too soon and you die.
  13. Tegila Augur

Mayong's Greatsword of theHarvest STILL does not work. You can preview this ornament fine, but you can not see it once it is inserted into a weapon. This is a matter I /bug and /petitioned when i first discovered it but have not heard anything and still istn fixed, but this is a PAID ornament from the store, not a freebie you loot or craft in game. Why doesn't it work? why hasn't it been fixed? The original weapon graphic remains when it is inserted. The correct graphic for this ornament obviously exists in the game thus why preview works, but it must not be enabled or something. I bought this ornament over a month ago and was immediately disappointed that it didn't work. Since /feedback directs you here now and there is no thread for Non-update-related bugs, i'm putting this here, though tec hnically, it shouldve been fixed in the last patch or the patch before and hasnt been, so that's an update bug no? lol
  14. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Could not reproduce. I stuck it in the newbie sword on my warrior and got the fancy new graphics.
    What is your class?
    What item are you placing it in?
  15. Angahran Augur

Did the droprate for tradeskill gems get nerfed into the floor recently?

Looking for the following 'common' gems:
    Harmonagate, Prestidigitase, Staurolite, Taaffeite, Miragestone

I've literally cleared every mob in multiple zones multiple times and not seen a single one.

The 'xxxflow Stone' (Blood, Bone, Ember, Fire, Moss, Mud, Shadow, Sky, Star, Void, Water) are even worse.
    I think I saw one in the bazaar for over a million pp!
  16. Malbro Augur

Primary and Secondary anchors, maybe even guildhall anchors, are disappearing on Luclin and maybe other servers.
  17. Lianeb Augur

These were never common, more like Very Rare. Though now with the ability to mass clear zones you should see them more often, but they are still pretty rare.

Use the conflagrant recipes and you can skip most of if not all these xxxflow stones.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  18. Ngreth Thergn Developer

no. (these are not "common" BTW)
  19. Angahran Augur

Sorry. I was using 'common' in that I have actually seen maybe 1 of these drop in multiple clearings of various zones vs the 'xxxflow' stones which I've maybe seen a handfull drop in multiple years of play.

Considering people working on jewelry making are probably going to need 20+ of each of these incredibly rare gems and noone hunts in these zones so the chances of finding them in the bazaar are pretty much zero, is there any chance of getting a boost on the droprate ?

I know, slaughtering grey con mobs 24/7/365 is part of the fun of tradeskills....
  20. Monkman Augur

20 of each? Lolz try ~146 I believe is the magic number of each of you’re doing JC to 350. If you do enough digging you’ll figure out where the best spot to farm these is.