Elegant Consigned Armor

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Chaoslayer, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Machentoo Augur

I've explained why I care, and I'm not going to keep repeating myself.
  2. Raytheon Augur

I still have yet to hear a valid explanation as to how backflagging and raid-equipping a naked, tacvi, intricate defiant, anguish, ro or elsewise-equipped character is good and just, yet doing so to an elegant defiant character is game-breaking. All would allow group content to be skipped.
    Chatoyan likes this.
  3. Kahna Augur

Not on Phinny anymore, so I don’t really have a dog in this fight, but does anyone even do group content anymore? I imagine most folks are skipping group content because they already have raid gear, so the only people doing group content are the ones trying to catch up. Are there even any groups for them to group content with? Raid geared people don’t typically like going back and doing content that doesn’t help them when they can just 85 in any new recruits and get them rotting raid drops without any extra effort on their part. You say “group content” like there are a million folks out there farming group stuff, is that the case? Are there tons of PuGs?

Or do you expect brand new or returning players to find a guild then beg virtual strangers to help them do content that won’t benefit anyone but the one doing the asking. I am sure they will be super successful doing that. Or maybe the guild will just 85 them into a raid zone and give them rotting drops.

Basically, what is the downside of trivializing content that no one is doing anyway?
  4. snailish Augur

I'm willing to concede that point fully for the 70+ stuff as of TSS.

Under 70 defiant was never needed, as TSS was a well-executed reset and wealth of content for 1-70. The endgame raid part of TSS is obsolete pretty quickly as all raid content by expac is (no problem there) --the low leveling grouping part of TSS is never (as of yet) updated. It is the top quality group game that is unfortunately disrupted on live by the defiant gear overcompensation. For progression at least, it would be nice if TSS got some time being full value.
  5. Kahna Augur

I can see your point, but honest estimate, how many people are actually consuming the low level content? And for how long? With live levels of exp I would imagine the trip to 75 is rapid enough that even someone who wanted to consume the low level content would quickly find themselves outleveling it.

The low level game is over, regardless of how good TSS is, it’s too late. There isn’t enough demand for low level stuff and you pass through it too quickly. High level is where the overwhelming majority of the players are at, and that is where the “fun” is because that is where the people are.
  6. Machentoo Augur

Judging by how quickly flawed defiant and lower have been selling the in bazaar, the low level game still has some life in it. SOMEONE is buying a lot of <50 level gear anyway.
  7. Boze TLP complaint factory

It makes amazing pet gear.
  8. Catashe Augur

yea like he said, the low level game even with the TSS expansion is pretty much dead.. They should have let up to Elaborate Defiant drop and been done with it.. It ain't that its out of era, its the life blood of the server needs it.. pretty much the pre-65 game is dead unless you fine the stray dozen or so people who are actually looking for a group.. Its mostly just PLers.. and I don't think ive seen ANYONE do TSS group stuff... hell even finding a group 70+ can be a challenge if you ain't in a guild now that 95% of the server is 75 cause of that bonus xp weekend
  9. snailish Augur

The fact that it (defiant) hasn't been moved off low-level TSS suggests the dev team sees it that way too.

Put level 1-65 TSS zones in at Dragons of Norrath then... make the great content more useful (and this doesn't mean you have to allow Drakkin early).
  10. Sasser-See Street Performer and Shoe Dodger

And what's the name of the 6am raiding guild I can join so I can get 85% into raids and get current gear as Machentoo suggests? Because last time I checked you can't backflag and get gear if you don't have a raiding guild. From personal experience the current expansion's content is not killable in elemental equivalent group gear. Not everyone raids on this server or has tons of plat to buy whatever they want in the bazaar.
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

We will bring it back when we add some restriction on when certain sets are available. I don't have an exact ETA as I have a good pile of stuff that is all "urgent" on my plate.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  12. Machentoo Augur

Pretty sure I never mentioned people getting 85%'d into raids for free gear. In fact, I don't think any guilds are going to have any gear rotting from here on out. I did say you could get 85%'d into raids for backflags, but obviously if you are unable to raid at the times when any of the ~15 guilds on the server raid, that isn't going to help you.

What's your group like? My group handled ashengate at level 71, with 4/6 of us being in intricate defiant level gear for the most part (a few pieces of mpg trial loot here and there.) Having an anguish geared tank helped, but I think we could have handled it without, just would have maybe had to wait till higher level for the appropriate bard songs to split and mez the content so we could fight one mob at a time.

AG isn't going to be a walk in the park in 100 hp gear, you will need the right group, of appropriate level, playing well. But it IS doable.
  13. Catashe Augur

Hopefully you'll consider maybe allowing Elaborate defiant in the crate.. 200hp gear ain't that overpowered for the server.. its 100hp less than last couple of expansions and 200hp below TSS not including the weak AC thats on defiant
  14. Zanarnar Augur

Will you be removing it from everyone the got it and refunding their SC? I mean otherwise its pretty (bad word) to remove it after letting it be on the server for a week. Why did you enable it if you didn't intend for it to be available? Some secret gift to the boxers who you knew would rush to 75 so they could gear up their bot armies?? I mean aside from DBG's proverbial left hand not knowing what their right hand is doing.. why else would this happen?

Also removed my motivation to play again. My gears stuck in a spot where the group stuff isn't an upgrade and won't be for another expansion or two, and I don't raid anymore. So why play? There really is nothing for me now yet again. Sigh if I didn't have to be able to log in to fix my bidbot occasionally I'd just kill my subscription. Kinda tempted to anyways, I could always activate it should I need to.
  15. rovey New Member

gutted saw this was in but wasnt levelled to 75 in time to get it.

I even started an extra character just so he would be nor miles behind in this gear.

It isnt a patch on my mains raid gear though, like 1/2 the hp and even less AC!
  16. Sasser-See Street Performer and Shoe Dodger

Willing to raid multiple days a week but the only guild that raided early morning est has died. So I am left with group content. There's no back-flag, there's no content era raid gear.

So are those of you who care so much about the value of in era quested armor, willing to log on early to help camp molds. I'm more than willing to put in the time it takes and group with you to do these in-era-armor-quests. I play almost every day and if I can get some of this armor I could do more in game than get AA's killing light blues and greens.
  17. Zapsos Augur

How early are you looking for? because there is a couple of Euro guilds that raid evening times in Europe which translates to morning in the US