List of things devs are working on

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Monkman, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Monkman Augur

Any chance the playerbase could have a small list of the top 5 things that the dev team is currently working on?

Maybe a high priority list so we as players understand what’s on your plate and in which order you intend on tackling them?
    Daedly likes this.
  2. AnzoRagespirit Augur

1. What to nerf to make the player base cry out in horror next patch cycle.

2. The down time of the patch to fix the next patch.

3. What flavor tea to serve the new people that are starting internships from the posts they make on Facebook saying they have Dev positions open but don't actually fill the spots.

4. How many times they can say they are working on balance.

5. Figuring out the mass of the sun.
    Slippry likes this.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

1) The Next Expansion
    2) The Next Expansion
    3 Cleaning the Staff Fridge
    4) 20th Anniversary
    5 20th Anniversary
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

1. Lunch order
    2. Who can I persuade to get it for me?
    3. Whoa, not that guy, He got it wrong last time.
    4. What! No straw!
    5. Opps! Now how do I get the ketchup stain off my keyboard.
  5. Febb Augur

Devs say what they are working on and players about it. Devs no longer tell people what they are working on and we return to how things have been for a long time now. This is how this idea would end.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

More accurately: What they are NOT working on...

1. Necro DoTs
    2. Ranger Headshot
    3. Old Man Mackinzie monster mission raid (Lord Nagy)
    4. Eviction of player items from guild owned plots
    5. Graphic bleeds/glitches throughout all of Norrath!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. plearana New Member

please dont let this game die, well just not yet.
  8. Poppinfresh Elder

#1 to #99 TLP
    #100 live
    Sad.
  9. IblisTheMage Augur

This would not work.

However, and overall communication of the public part of the strategy, overall principles and intentions, that wouldbe nice. For example, they have been working on streamlining code and removing complexity and tech debt, at least for a couple of years; this is a good bullet point in such a story.
    Quatr likes this.
  10. Critts Augur

Hey people, knock it off the Devs work hard....
  11. Funk Augur

1. Fixing graphic on Veltar's Staff of Tranquility.
    2. Fixing graphic on Veltar's Staff of Tranquility.
    3. Fixing graphic on Veltar's Staff of Tranquility.
    4. Fixing graphic on Veltar's Staff of Tranquility.
    5. Fixing graphic on Veltar's Staff of Tranquility.
  12. Dewey Augur

1. Restoring the autoinventory function lost by the removal of the potion belt.
    2. Fixing auto-follow so it works like merc auto-follow. So you don't stop on a rock or ceiling
    3. Timers on hotkeys so that you know when you press them and when they are done without trying to fit in the /timer on a key
    4. Removing the /pause from hotkeys, so that it will wait for a step to complete before going to the next step.
    5. In game parse (healing and dps)

6. Making sure no zone is ever like Xorb or Evantil, the Vile Oak ever again.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Planning a Whine and Cheese party for the player base.

And yes I can admit it.. sometimes I enjoy a fine whine now and again.
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Impossible to list. Priorities (can) change every day.

If you want a general worklist, look at the last 5 years. Most of the work being done revolves around generating revenue through subs, DBC market, and expansion sales. Not sure what the point of your request is other than a peek into life at DBG.
  15. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Well, that would also be interesting in its own right! :)

Personally I think their focus is on, "streamlining" the user-experience through improvements in the UI. and replacing the most "wonky" stuff in the client/server to make future development a bit less like a nightmare.

Being a gamedev and using the excuse: "we don't dare fiddle with that part of the code, its scary and hard to understand", won't cut it forever...:p

I wish they had the time to rework some of the fundamental flaws in the engine. Many of the bugs screams, that it is doing "too much in 2D", pathing and agro for example... at least thats my impression...:confused:
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Maybe not, but it might just work long enough to shut the game down. If I owned DBG, or ran the game, I would focus on cash store and features that bring in money - and that's exactly what DBG is doing. True, they are fixing bugs and whatnot, but their focus is making money. As is every business in existence.
  17. Randragon Augur

Their resumes after the servers shut down on the 6th lol.
  18. Quatr Augur

Back when I was a software project manager for a Major Software Company (tm) I was lucky if my prioritized task list remained the same for more than a few weeks...
    Prathun likes this.
  19. segap Augur

So boxes use npc pathing and take random paths through mobs or to the other side of the zone? No thank you. I prefer just having to make exaggerated moves to compensate for it being client side and based on last location ping.
  20. Aurastrider Augur

I second this. People either need to adjust their settings for the toons following, get a faster internet connection or both. Rarely do I have the issues people complain about because I have taken the time to research what settings to adjust and have fairly good speeds on my end. I will never be in favor of having autofollow function like mercs considering half of the time they just run off nilly willy into the distance and then return in some weird roundabout way.
    Shanarias and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.