ROS T2 Visible armor drops....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Waldagar, May 31, 2018.

1. Waldagar Augur

With the long weekend with extra chances for names to spawn, I am interested to hear what folks experienced for drop rates of visible T2 armor. Let's keep it simple, so list server, the number of T2 names and the number of T2 visible drops.

Tunare 12 Names 0 T2 visible drops (my streak is still alive)
  2. Imak Augur

Bristlebane: log shows 47 namers giving me 11 visibles from T2 RoS. I was in aug farming mode so didn't kill that much variety in namers, just the same handful over and over again.
  3. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Hunter done, all toons have gear, zero F**** given on this..
  4. Windance Augur

Drop rates for RoS visible gear via hunting named in the open zones is horrible.

If you can figure out a way to farm FF and Balance of power you've got a shot. If just go TS gear and call it a day.
  5. Monkman Augur

Yep, I’ve geared 3 alts in full t2 gear and type 5 augs via missions, waste of time camping named for the pieces if you ask me
    Janakin likes this.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The t2 rate was intentionally worse, wasn’t it? Want to say I saw Ngreth post about it when folks cried early on. But at least the VP gravytrain is still there with guaranteed spawns.

Even with that in mind though, t1 still has to suck more given the zones themselves, eh?

Given the plat cost and requiring all 3 tiers, it’s no wonder a ton of people just went the easier TS route. Grp vis poorly done this expansion.
  7. Lianeb Augur

5 alts fully geared in T2, Vis and best in slot non Vis. My problem was finding the T1 pieces that I already had the T2 piece for. Or in some cases going back to farm a piece or two of Selrach's
  8. Imak Augur

That's where I'm at. I have six alts 106+ that are nearly full up on T2 gear, weapons, and augs, just need to round up another 40 or so pieces of T1 facets to make all the visibles.
    Hahahahaaaaaaa.... yeah, it ain't happenin. Not devoting my efforts into this timesink of a terrible visible armor system this expansion. Those alts can all scrounge T1 visible rots, or just continue wearing Selrch's for the foreseeable future.
  9. Monkman Augur

Or TS group armor.. it’s better than selrach and same focii as t2
  10. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Very hard to gear out in T2 group gear from FF.... It isn't that hard to do EoTD, and then run all 3 missions.
  11. segap Augur

Almost like the itemization dev wanted to prod people to his pet project of tradeskills.
  12. Vaeeldar Augur

Honestly just start farming Fells Foliage. I literally throw away t1 pieces because im still finishing out augs for my endless box teams.

T2 is a nightmare just because I haven't figured out yet how to beat EoE. Although I do have my sk in full t2, a smatter on other heroes, and the paladin in half now.
  13. segap Augur

EoE is a T1 mission. You get T2 stuff from Balance of Power which is rather easy to box. Spend 20 minutes and get a guaranteed T2 visible + currency + chance for augs and other stuff.
  14. Ngreth Thergn Developer

/em hands over the tinfoil.
    Sokki likes this.
  15. Waldagar Augur

In previous expansions, if you didn't have the previous tier piece of armor you could buy an expensive $$$ reagent to use in it's place. Think how much more PP you could remove from the game with another 45K PP reagent to make T2 gear.
  16. segap Augur

Intended or not, it's what you've effectively done with the requirement of eok t2 + ros t1 + 20k x2 (raid gear is cheaper to make). I see many more people outfitting alts with crafted gear than dropped gear because it's onerous to get three drops for one item. Many had alts with Deathseakers visibles or Seb visibles and never looted Selrachs because of that. Many also choose to spend as little time as possible in the RoS T1 zones due to the annoying mechanics.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is also assuming he was the only one who had a say in creating that requirement in the first place.
  18. Natal Augur

Is that a tradeskill item? Where does it drop? Is it missing on the loot tables? Because I have to see any drop.
  19. Imak Augur

Tinfoil Hat would be the single greatest helm ornament to date.
    Sokki likes this.
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

And if not in EQ, perhaps it could be used in ForumQuest.