Adding one more line to macro's

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ghubuk, May 29, 2018.

1. niente Developer

This sounds like a good idea, someone should make a DGC Issue Tracker request for it.

It would be great to improve the macro system, as long as it's not over the top. You'll have to be specific about what's wanted. Maybe a visual on a hotbutton while it's running, or an available key-bind to stop a macro that's running. Queuing up spells instead of fancy /pause math (there would have to be a limit to this, & maintain the existing use of attempting to cast the same spells at once).

I don't think adding a 6th line is likely to happen, though. (speaking for myself here)
    Nennius, Sancus and moogs like this.
  2. Lianeb Augur

/melody for spells?
    Kegwell and Leigo like this.
  3. Febb Augur

I've always wanted to see the cooldown timer actually show on the macro button.

For example if you have a /pause in the macro, it shows the countdown in seconds on the button instead of just a color that drains until the pause ends. If you mouse over it, it enlarges the timer so it can be more easily readable.

The same goes for AA's. Allow a toggle on each button if you want a visible cooldown for that button. Have it text wrap if the timer contains a long number.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  4. Daedly Augur

I would like the timer on a macro to actually stop the ability to click on in the same way that the actual AA, spell, items, and combat ability currently do.

As it stands now, /timer is just only visual.
  5. Jetslam Augur

Something like /queuecast 1 2 3 4 5 ;)

There would have to be a limit to the amount of spells per line, and not have it repeat like /mel does.
  6. ForumBoss Augur

I'd like to be able to use one aa/useitem OR another, depending on if one is up. For example divine arb aa if cleric 2.0 click is down, but not both. Some kind of indication if all abilities/useitems in a hotbutton are off cooldown in a macro would be cool tool.
    Kegwell likes this.
  7. CrazyLarth Augur

while we wait for them to expand all for one more line they should create a SINGLE hot key that has 10 lines.
  8. Greymantle Augur

Or how about /invite fellowship & /taskadd fellowship ?
  9. IblisTheMage Augur

I would love a category of macros that only work out of combat, and that are a single, seperate text file pr macro in a seperate subfolder, for easy sharing and modification. They should be script files to do in game command lines, but only out of combat.
  10. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I'd like to be able to put a timer on a macro that actually represents the cool down time of one of the abilities in the macro. I know you can currently put in /timer but that is not actually the timer on the ability, even if you set it for the same number of seconds. If you press the button before the ability is ready, it resets the macro timer. So now the macro timer does not reflect the actual time before the ability is ready.
    Nniki and Israfel like this.
  11. Israfel Elder

This would be one of the best upgrades. Something like the /timer command but one that ties it to an ability or item.
  12. Daedly Augur

So like,
    /timer <ability/AA/spell name>
  13. Metanis Bad Company

Why stop at macro improvements? The ability to make logical decisions (scripting) would be an awesome addition.
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Everquest 2 has supported queue casting since its inception, although only one spell or skill deep.

the /queuecast idea is in the same vein as
    /alt act 123, 321, 231, 1232

What about a vertical timer for all the actions within the key, and a horizontal timer (side to side sweep) for each action being rendered? Or even a brightened pulse of color as each action within the macro completes?
  15. blood & gufts Augur

Not really, imo the hotkey with more than 1 action in should be removed completely.

But since it would very likely not happen, then imo going from 5 to 6 should not happen. Why, because it is no different than the fellowship, which started out i think with 6 persons, and shortly after, people started to lobby for more slots, and got it. And people still lobbying for even more.

Thats our nature, will always have more
  16. Critts Augur

I could use another line of text but I really do t want that to get broken
  17. Brohg Augur

Fellowship participation should be by account, to support the idea that a person is included, not a character.

edit:Oh, sorry derail though we were in the "improvements" thread
    Fanra and Nniki like this.