Adding one more line to macro's

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ghubuk, May 29, 2018.

1. Ghubuk Augur

Was wondering if any chance to add one more line to macro's. With being able to memorize up to 13 spells now and so many more abilities etc, it would really be a nice quality of life improvement to have the ability to have 6 lines for a macro window vice 5.
    Of course, I have no idea how much extra work this would be as a change, so would be nice to hear from a dev on the possibility of this idea.
  2. blood & gufts Augur

I doubt you would get it, because it would kind of let you do some more stuff "automated". which is something they against, it would allow you to do 1 more thing, without being at the keyboard.
  3. Lianeb Augur

So doing 5 things unattended verse 6 things unattended is ok?
    svann and Dreadmore like this.
  4. Ghubuk Augur

Not looking to automate as you still have to keep hitting the hotkey button each time you want to use it. I just figure it has been 5 lines for a very long time which really hasn't kept up with the game and amount of changes that have happened. Part of the reason why I only asked for one more line to be added.
  5. Tegila Augur

Using macros does tequateto unattended play either, just a tool that COULD be used that way. They put a combine all option in Tradeskills so theoretically you could do thousands of combines while you afkd to watch a movies, I don't think that would be the stumbling block, but ability to program it into the game without Mich hassle key factor I think.

I use the macros for simple 2 steps most of the time, get on mount and in is immediately for example. Indoors I just inside outdoors in battle I just get on horse, apparently now it also dismount me too which is a 3rd use. Also use to make need and pet both start attack etc with the whole taunt Bash tie in, once they attack it's just taint bash bit whole thing takes under half a second. Works good for fishing but a 6th line would allow autoinventory of 3rd so can just hot again (when fishing with 4 toons at once this is much nicer than fish fish fish fish inventory fish inventory fish inventory fish. Etc very 12 or 15 seconds. Tried with forage but that timer makes very inefficient so I just keep it bound to nearest target key, but thongs like the anni task for drunkard Stein and all the text that pretty much HAS to be macros to get in fast enough, that could use more lines. Raiding I had a lot of keys that bandoliered, then got a disc like reflective, same time announcing in 3 channels what I was doing etc, but 1 more line would help.

1 more line doesn't make any more adj ability than already there, ppl that adj bot use other things already to do so, but if it's feasible programmo nhgn wise, it would be QoL improvement
  6. Tegila Augur

Stupid phone typing sorry odd words
  7. AnzoRagespirit Augur

People with G- keyboards can automate and noone would notice, all they do is record key-presses then link them to a G key and walk away. Unlike the program who's name should not be said, the G keys are actually pressing the keys so it's alot harder to tell if they're auto- bots.
  8. svann Augur

Heck, you can do that without fancy hardware. Microsoft mouse and keyboard center has that functionality. One way they could catch it though would be that it always repeats with the exact same timing.
  9. Ghubuk Augur

Thread seems to be getting sidetracked. I understand that people cheat at this game through various methods.
    I am asking for a "slight" improvement for those of us that don't want to cheat and use only in-game capabilities through the addition of a single line to macros. I am hoping it is something that isn't too difficult from an engineering aspect and that it is something the devs would support.
  10. segap Augur

I'd prefer they make the current five line macros work reliably and not just run random lines.
  11. Ghubuk Augur

I have never had issues with macros doing that. Sounds odd.
    svann likes this.
  12. Jyve Augur

Posted in the QoL thread, but think suitable to pearoast;

More lines would be good, and/or adding more options per line.
    /invite toon1 toon2 toon3
    /taskadd toon1 toon2 toon3
    /useitem 23 0, 23 3, 23 5
    /alt activate 335 337 5623 5423

It's the /alt activates and /useitems that fill up my macro lists.
  13. segap Augur

I think it might be related to having a macro that gets mashed (such as activated AA in a multibind) and then hitting a different macro without enough of a wait. Where I usually see it is when mashing away, then needing to hit an assist button to change targets (if that assist button has multiple lines, it usually misses most of them). It also happens if I have a burn macro that activates several things that I hit in the flow of battle.
  14. svann Augur

button mashing is bad, imo
  15. Tegila Augur

I like this for the invites and taskadds, but it wouldn't be so hot with useitems, even instacest ones require a tiny /pause to work correctly unless you're just multibinding, then just how many things do you need tied to 1 button? Don't like that little control myself, but when making a macro it'd be much easier to type /invite toon1, toon2, toon3, than /invite toon1 clicknextline /invite toon2 clicknextline invite toon3 etc. If could make a list of same command, requiring no pauses, but most commands need some kinda pause to order correctly unless they made the , equate to /pause .1

Still, limited useability there. Taskadds and groupinvites really, otherwise getting into too much automation even if it's not afk just don't think just bang and the later items in list would often never activate.

In theory, one could set it up to fully automate 550 lines with 1 keypress, just multibind every single available hotkey to the same key, do allllll the math to figure delays and off you go but why? Yes it would work, whether it's supposed to or not, i can hit hotkeys with macros during the pauses of other macros and not interrupt, whether itd work clean or not idk im not gonna even try.
  16. Ghubuk Augur

If you start a macro and need to end it quick to do something else, right click the currently running macro first. That will stop that one, then you can hit the next one.
  17. Lianeb Augur

/stopsocial....I think
  18. segap Augur

For some classes, it's very efficient 90% of the time. You need to know when to stop the multi-bind mash to hit the things that require timing though. Bards are one of the classes it does little good for.
  19. Warpeace Augur

Sadly they shot this same request down I believe last year? Was basically a brush off saying you could already add a /pause, /action, /timer per line.

Wish that would work 100% of the time.

Seems more like they would rather push people to 3rd party programs than make options in game work like they should or bother to improve them.
  20. moogs Augur

I asked about this a while ago, maybe last year or the year before. It was declined by a developer mostly on the basis of it not fitting into their preferred design choices. I wish you luck though. I think 8 lines would be great.