Temporary: allow a single merc healer on raids

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by IblisTheMage, May 29, 2018.

1. IblisTheMage Augur

I would like to propose that for a limited period, say 3 months, a sinlge merc be allowed on an entire raid.

This could perhaps help smaller family guilds do lower end raiding in EoK and older, without impacting the need for real healers.

Decision on whether to continue with this could be taken after the evaluation period.
  2. Millianna Augur

No - have some of your raid members reroll a healer - I rolled a shaman for raids when the amount of healers are low.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Horathmir Elder

John Smedley, at FanFaire with a huge wall of video promised us and showed us a character with TWO mercs at once. A feature that was never added after promised. Sklug and Rashere promised us new mercs that would be utility mercs like Shaman, Enchanters etc, again promise not delivered. They promised us Raid [R1-5] Mercs, even tested with them in Beta, then scraped that , another merc promise not delivered.

Don't hold your breath on anything new for mercs ever. Its just never going to happen at this point.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

No

No

No

Recruitment of needed classes, disband and join other guilds, ask friends, open to general pop... no mercs on a raid ever.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Lianeb Augur

Merc cant even live rhrough a group task or single mob AE and you think it might live on a raid?
    Slippry and Allayna like this.
  6. Cicelee Augur

Pretty confident in saying one healer merc is not going to be the difference between a raid winning and not winning.

This sounds more like a pet class wanting to do an older raid but doesn't want to heal the pet. Or a boxer who doesn't box a healer who wants to do an older raid...
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. code-zero Augur

The whole "utility" thing is imprecise and lazy

Slowing, mezzing and ports all fall under the utility heading. Can you imagine having a slower, mezzer and port merc in your group?

If the slower is based on Shaman then the slows are going to have a dot that breaks mezz. As a Bard main I'd never want a shaman merc in group and I suspect that no enchanter main would either

let's say the caster DPS merc gets ports too. Ninja evacs would be funny exactly once

The number of ways that having anything beyond the 2 DPS and the Tank and Healer mercs go really wrong negates any possible use they'd have
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why would the slows have a dot that breaks mez if they are a shaman? Not sure why they would give a shaman merc an AA that shaman can toggle on or off to add a damage to the slow debuff.

Though it would be nice for the caster merc to have the ability to toggle between direct damage and damage over time.
  9. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

This would bring new meaning to "Don't raid like a Merc"...lol
  10. p2aa Augur

A healer merc won't change the income of your raids. Their heal is barely enough in group content, they will be destroyed in raid with way higher damage taken everywhere.
    As to the idea of bringing a merc to raid, I'm against it too.
  11. Millianna Augur

Sounds like to me that the OP wants to raid old content and doesn’t like the idea of bringing a real healer.
  12. GNOME_POWER Augur

He will gain the ability to call the legendary CCH agent!
    Diptera likes this.
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Trolling I hope like the let’s play video post?

Otherwise, you’ve joined the FQ pantheon of derp, man. Not like this :(
    Act of Valor likes this.
  14. Tolzol Augur

But think of all the great forum questing that will happen when mercs fail emotes and wipe the raid. They should definitely make this happen haha
  15. code-zero Augur

Mercs have their own set of AA that they don't share with player characters.
  16. Derd Augur

How about the ability to change Rangers into Clerics... I could go for that.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think you missed my point that shaman don't innately have damage associated with slows (There is an AA that shaman can turn on or off as desired) and that they would be unlikely to give shaman merc such an unneeded ability.
  18. Allayna Augur

Curing things that ought not be cured would be hilarious....
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  19. Tegila Augur

A slower or a mezzer in a group that is in dire need but missing would be great considering some things where the messing is paramount to win or lose. Could just make it a bard need and you set it to either slow and mezz, or adps, or something like that. Have a faster slower/mezz and a melee slower/mezz like there's faster dps and melee dps it would basically work out to bard slows mezzes and add for melee heavy groups, and chanter slows mezzes and add for caster heavy groups. Could add a toggle to attack/dps too or just be utility, or make them only avail for utility maybe. A shaman need too much possibility I think, ppl would want heals and dots but that's beside the point. Just do bard and chanter with no option for dps from them just like wiz can't port.

But just no on raids. Raid zones maybe, if you can do with 6 or fewer, why not. Not best idea but eh.
  20. Tegila Augur

Every time it says need, I typed merc btw. Add is adps and faster was caster. Wtb eq dictionary for my phone