Telgrith, Black Legion Captain - Memorial Day Bug

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by XYZero, May 24, 2018.

1. Baldur Augur

This guy really needs to spawn in picks.
  2. Machentoo Augur

I expect he will again once the bonus rare spawns has ended.
  3. Baldur Augur

From what's already been posted he can only spawn on initial pick creation, so I'm not sure where you're getting that he'll spawn in picks again. He's never spawned in picks except on pick creation.

And this post from Prathun seems to me to say that he doesn't spawn in picks at all, irregardless of the bonus.
    So I'm assuming if they fix this, we'll have to wait until the June patch for him to spawn in picks.
  4. Machentoo Augur

I was the one that posted he can only spawn on initial pick creation.

You are missing the context of the thread. All of this only started to become an issue when the rare spawn boost started. Before that he was spawning in pickzones. It likely has to do with how his spawn interacts with the other named in the zone, they are related. Prathun fixed the spawn boost issue for main pick, but the fix didn't take in pickzones. Once the memorial day bonus is over, I expect the bug will be gone too until next year.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

He sat up for like an hour this morning now that the race is over. Dedsvr
  6. Nolrog Augur

I wouldn't say the race was over. I was in Direwind this afternoon trying to get him and there were 40 or 50 other people doing the same.
  7. Astral64 Augur

It was over three days ago.
  8. doah Augur

So since the rush is over I decided to camp this guy. I someone mentioned to me that if you leave Hammerfist the Champion up you are more likely to get a Telgrith Spawn. From anecdotal evidence of getting 2 within an hour after killing the entire east side of the area for 3 hours and not seeing one, but seeing about 20 Hammerfists spawn in the same time frame.

It seems if you leave Hammerfist up the spawn points are doing a roll and if it lands on Hammerfist it checks if he is up, if the code returns yes, nothing spawns and the spawn timer resets. If a normal mob comes up it spawns, or if Telgrith comes up he spawns.

I am deducing this because watching the normal spawns and keeping timers of my circle there were spawns not spawning as they should have. I have no idea if keeping Hammerfist up increase the spawn chance. It does seem that leaving him up can tell you which mobs to keep killed because it seems Telgrith and Hammerfirst spawn at the same locations.

But I do pose a question, If Hammerfist can only be up once since he is a loot dropping named, why does the roll not fall through to a normal spawning mob or continue to roll until a valid spawn comes up instead of erroring and reseting the spawn timer?
  9. Buster_Shruggs Augur

Hello, any chance you can do the above ^^^^ on Trakanon server. This is the second time in the past 24hrs Ive run out the 6 hour timer for the kill task associated with Telgrith without having him spawn. Have a 110 mage clearing the Black Legion camps and a druid watching track. No one else in zone. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks!
  10. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

At this point you are best to just come back Monday to finish the kill task.
  11. Prathun Developer

Oh, is this still an ongoing issue? Making an internal ticket to take a look at it when time allows.
  12. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Hope this doesn't screw up Selo, as we open TSS on Wednesday and have "accelerated rare spawns" always on.
  13. Machen New Member

It almost certainly will unless they fix it between now and then...
  14. Beardsy Elder

This is absolutely bugged. Farmed this guy over the last 2 days close to 12 hours on selos. Even took the advice of keeping some of the named up for a few hours, nada. This needs to get fixed soon please. Thank you.
  15. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

I've killed him 4 times on Selos. He is certainly rare, but it is spawning.
  16. yober Elder

During the rare spawn bonus that's going on?
  17. Machen New Member

They fixed it in the last patch, according to the game update notes.
  18. yober Elder

Unfortunately they say a lot of things in patch notes that get resaid a month later. I know several people that have been camping him and haven't seen a single spawn.
  19. Machen New Member

Not a lot. If it's in the patch notes, it's been tested. Occasionally live environment gets things wrong, but very infrequently.

And you have people saying in this thread that it is spawning, so I'm going to guess it probably is and people who haven't seen it have just had a bad run at the RNG. Which happened all the time for Telgrith long before the rare spawn issue.
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.
  20. That0neguy Augur

Lol what fantasy land are you living in?
    yober likes this.