Who is the squeeky gear...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ofearl, May 18, 2018.

1. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

*** NPCs ***

- Fixed a problem in Bastion of Thunder where a Chaotic Vortex would not teleport you to the next phase of the raid.
    - Fixed a problem in the Plane of War where the Effigy of Suffering would not teleport you within the zone.

So something is broken for like 6 years... gets hot fixed because one person complains it effects TLP... guess we know who is keeping the lights on in sunny SoCal....

But yet live servers wait a month for fixes and OMM is broken as crap and been reported plus sent in a PM to a developer yet... no fix...
    Zaviere and EnchFWO like this.
  2. EnchFWO Augur

We had to wait a lot longer than a mere 2 days of TLP anger for a fix to #Cactusgate on Live. :confused:
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The best thread on FQ right now is the one in TLP where people are crying to for truebox to be removed on Phinny, after mercilessly crying for it for years previously. The sad thing is I fully expect DBG to do it.

#KarmicComedy
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This was broken in the last patch so it hasn't been broken for long.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Prathun Developer

It's cool and overcast in San Diego right now. It even sprinkled a bit of rain early this morning. We call this "May Gray," soon to be followed by "June Gloom."

The teleporter NPCs in Bastion of Thunder and Plane of War were broken for two days. I'm not sure where you're getting 6 years from. It was related to merchant changes for the May update. This bug affected all servers that have PoP unlocked, though it did affect Agnarr more severely since they unlocked PoP just a few weeks ago, on April 25th. But regardless of all that, if we fix an issue on TLP servers, it doesn't mean we don't also have an interest in making sure that non-TLP servers have issues addressed. Or vice versa. Both TLP and non-TLP servers are important.

And one more thing. Don't PM a developer and then assume that the "team" knows. The team doesn't share a single consciousness. I have no idea what "OMM is broken as crap" means, I don't appear to have a PM that explains what that means, and that's not actionable feedback.
    roguerunner, Gana, Felicite and 6 others like this.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Prathun does have a point. Just because a bug is not in the newest expansions doesn't mean it isn't relevant for live servers. TLP and live servers are sharing code after all.

I imagine this was also a game-stopper for everyone working towards their artisan's prize.

And people on live servers with nostalgic moods needs their bug fixes too. :p
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

In addition to what Prathun said, even if the bug in question was extremely old, the number of people who reported it and the amount of information they would have gotten regarding PoP zones is very limited on Live servers; however the TLP servers have a significant number more people who would be providing the information regarding the problems. This all results in the Devs and Coders getting far more helpful information when it comes to tracking down the exact problem and fixing the cause. That's a large part of why we get these fixes when the TLP servers unlock new content.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

If ever I had a wish, it would be for ForumQuest to move to a turn-based game.
  9. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

I am glad you have good weather, every time I have visited your fair city the weather was good. As for the 6 years, I only referenced the age of the post. My PM to a "Dev" was to Negrath as I believe it was the last red name I saw on the bug thread.

Below are a few of the post in these "bug" threads you as a company have asked us as PAYING customers to post and inform you as a development team.

Live Update Bugs 4/18/18

Live Update Bugs 05/16/2018

Live Update Bugs 4/18/18

Test Update 04/10/18 - Patch Notes and Discussions

To sum it up, when you zone in for the OMM Naggy raid, none of the "minis" spawn and will not allow you finish the task and open the chest, which is not up either...

Thanks you and have a good day!
  10. Allayna Augur

Quick search of all the feedback to the "dev team" regarding bugs...in the bug thread, guess if it's not TLP it gets ignored.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...e-update-bugs-05-16-2018.249310/#post-3666497

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...date-bugs-4-18-18.248662/page-15#post-3663778

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...date-bugs-4-18-18.248662/page-10#post-3660160

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...es-and-discussions.248542/page-9#post-3658127

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...date-bugs-4-18-18.248662/page-12#post-3661802

The disconnect is why is there a different approach to one fix vs another?

Hotfix for something that admittedly has a higher impact on TLP than live but ask live customers to wait a full month or longer for a fix...on something that was broken in the patch.

Recent example was the growth line of spells, it was immediately reported as broken and we all had to wait 1 month for a fix.

I believe beastlords are waiting on a fix....told to wait a month.

Why the two tiered treatment?
  11. Prathun Developer

Ah, yes. We have a fix planned for that. It is related to all zones using the same ZCD for those NPCs and us recently adding an initial delay to always up loot dropping rares so that they won't spawn immediately when a pick zone is launched. Using a new ZCD that doesn't have an initial delay for zones like the Nagafen mission should fix the problem. I believe Ngreth is looking into this.
  12. Prathun Developer

You are cherry picking data points.
    There are issues that affect TLP servers that don't get hotfixed. There are issues that affect current content on Live servers that do get hotfixed.

We can't hotfix spells. That requires the server to come down.
  13. AlmarsGuides Augur

According to Allakhazam's calendar, CoTF was released in Oct of 2013.

These guys apparently knew about the teleporter being broken before the zone was even fully conceptualized.
  14. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Prathun, I hope your day is going fantabulously.
  15. Aurastrider Augur

At this point I think we need to just be tolerant of the TLP players and they of us. We are both funding this game which helps to keep it running. Further I am sure the developers and staff have enough to deal with considering recent events and we should be as supportive of them as possible. I for one am grateful of everything they do to keep this game running. Some times changes happen I don't like. Some changes don't happen as fast as I would like them to occur. Some decisions regarding game play or design I don't particularly care for but at the end of the day we still have EQ which is something I am always appreciative of.
  16. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

As a volunteer with the issue tracker, I've seen tons of fixes that were primarily for TLP that have had to wait just as long as live fixes. I've seen hotfixes for egregious problems on live, as well as TLP. The real issue is that the vast majority of fixes neither rise to the threshold of interrupting everyone's gameplay and warrant a hotfix, or the changes are simply not possible to implement via hotfix and require a server patch; at least to my understanding. This is why they are usually put off until next scheduled patch. I've seen things fixed extremely quickly because someone was in the right place at the right time when a dev had a few moments in between other things to tackle something fast - like a dialogue prompt change I requested earlier this week after a report from a player that its been broken for years - that one was turned around lightning fast, but I've also seen requests sit idle for multiple years because they haven't caught enough attention, aren't popular with the players, the devs simply haven't had the available time or resources to get to them, or in many cases, there are other underlying problems that prevent it from being addressed without significant overhauling of events or other supporting code.
  17. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

This sums it up pretty well. Not everything can be hotfixed, if it's something that can be hotfixed and affects a significant amount of people, they usually try and get it hotfixed. ST 3 was broken when it was first unlocked and couldn't be beat, 2 days later it was hotfixed and working as intended. That's pretty much what just happened with the BoT hotfix, a raid couldn't be accessed/completed and it got the same treatment on TLP as Live did. I'm not seeing a bias here.
    Yinla likes this.
  18. MarttinPH Augur

I can't find it in the progression forums, is this true?
  19. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I really cannot fathom why you are so triggered by this request. Nobody is crying for it. The request is explained logically and clearly without anything resembling crying, or even complaining. If they don't change it, it's not that big of a deal. I think it would be nice if they did eventually remove the restriction somewhere down the road, as long as they keep the mac quest restriction. It's quite obvious to TLP players why Truebox makes perfect sense in classic eras (still does btw! Nobody is 'crying' to remove it in the eras in which it was asked for) but its purpose greatly diminishes in later expansions. Why are you so obsessed with a simple request that doesn't affect you at all?
  20. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Its not like macro quest is allowed on live servers either...o_O
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.