Fixed internally ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by CaptainSkeet, May 18, 2018.

1. CaptainSkeet Augur

Question about responses I’ve seen from devs from time to time.

What does “this has been fixed internally” mean exactly? Does this mean it’s something that takes immediate effect or something that gets added into the next patch, either scheduled or hotfix?

Not trying to stir up anything, genuinely curious what this term means.
  2. Prathun Developer

This is a good opportunity to review the Game Update FAQ.

3. wherehouse Lorekeeper

Thanks Prathun.
    It would be helpful if you provide an ETA for when your "fixed internally" changes will reach live.

As it stands now, the "fixed internally" doesn't really mean anything to the player base as we do not know if we need to wait until next month's patch or if this change will be hotfixed.

For clarity, please consider providing more details to your players.
  4. Horyuken Augur

Typical patches happen the third Wednesday of the month, expect anything fixed internally to happen around that time frame.

Some issues can be hofixed if it will only require a reload of the zone server side, when this is the case they will usually make it clear the fix will happen before a full server update.
  5. Febb Augur

Anytime you see fixed internally it means it will be in the next patch. Unless it's right before patch day and they weren't able to get the fix in before the patch. Then it falls on the next months patch.

Patch's normally fall on the 3rd Wednesday of every month. There is maybe only a couple times a year where it doesn't land on the 3rd Wednesday.
  6. Machentoo Augur

Sure it does, especially players who have been around a while. "Fixed internally" tells the player base that it will definitely be fixed by the next patch at the latest, and possibly sooner if it can be hotfixed. (Barring any unexpected additional bugs or errors in the fix.) It seems like they aren't always prepared to say one way or another whether something will be hotfixed at the point when they can announce it is fixed internally. Personally, I'd rather them announce it's been fixed internally as soon as they can, so we have more information, rather than wait to announce anything till a decision to hotfix or not has been made.
    Felicite likes this.
  7. Prathun Developer

To have a hotfix happen requires a concerted effort of several people across multiple departments at the company. I cannot accurately predict whether or when the circumstances will allow for a hotfix to occur, so I'm not comfortable making any guesstimates.
    We want to have a hotfix soon to address a few post-update issues. I do not know when or whether it will occur. We will let you know if and when it does.
    Roxxlyy and Machentoo like this.