Distillate Potions gone till PoR?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nuggziee, May 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taliefer Augur

i really dont either. the HoT pots yea sure, they probably should have had a longer reuse time. but even those served a purpose, but most people agree they make Plane of Time alot easier.

but the buffs are just buffs that dont stack any differently than their casted counterparts.
  2. taliefer Augur

and i also found this, which is just an interesting old site: http://www.kuehnl.de/Eq/Tradeskills/Alchemy/newpotions_v1.3.htm

honestly the only real problem is just taht the level 65 HoT potion jumps up dramtically in amount healed compared to all the other tiers of all other potions. it just about doubles in effectiveness, which is crazy.

rather than take the nerf bat to all distillates, why not just bring the one potion everyone agrees is overpowered down in line to the rest of potions. make it a roughly 400hp HoT and its not near the problem.
  3. Coirnav Augur

Marketplace potions shifting the balance of power? The Infinity Gauntlet wouldn't even change the balance of power on Coirnav...or most any other TLP thus far HAH. Guild's aren't successful based on how many marketplace potions they buy or don't buy. The people make them a success period, and any real EQ player knows that.

Listen if you want to remove store pots then the $85 every two weeks I spend on the Marketplace items so I can run a little faster...or get haste when I'm running around solo... that can go toward some lawn fertilizer instead, fine by me it won't change much of anything. You're sadly mistaken though if you think that they are currently changing the balance of power, or boosting the progress of anyone who wouldn't have otherwise accomplished something without them.

No one will quit over it one way or the other, but you will loose a ton of money in exchange for the small illusion I get that they are actually making a major difference by using them.

You forum-questers need to lay off these devs man...Its pretty clear they don't have many over there playing this game still on our level, and every time they make a change that takes $$ out of their pockets... or drives a few players away you are chipping away at what makes this game profitable, and worth keeping around. I'd rather not have the only place to play EQ end up being some lame private server... so chill.
    Ahze and Adrienna like this.
  4. snailish Augur

We may need clarification that original alchemy combines aren't considered overpowered at era X in modern fun optimized progression.

Personally, I have no problem with every combine working at some point. I doubt we ever see some old combines back (research comes to mind).

I think overall balance for fun optimized progression is going to mean we don't get some things. Partly because some things weren't done well originally and shouldn't be put back exact, while other things we have been told can't be reverted due to impacting the live game.

As long as the big-picture of cumulative changes is a more-challenging (as we are no where near original difficulty yet, much in part to our knowledge and ability to max-min so easily now) progression then I think things are on the right track.
  5. Febb Augur

What level of these Distillates was allowed to be made and actually consumed pre kunark? Up to V or up to X?
  6. Risiko Augur

This is why we can't have nice things! OMG people. Stop telling the devs to ruin the server!
    Adrienna likes this.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I actually hope to do this. Finding the info is my current issue. When I saw the way the data was structured, I Thought more of the old stuff was available than is. So I need more research. I might find some of it on eqtraders, but haven't got around to checking yet.
    Yup. but I still plan to look into it.

snailish likes this.
  8. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Excellent news! Glad to hear they may fill out Alchemy on TLPs with the classic combines and potions.
  9. Uumdano Augur

Ngreth, what about suspensions as I asked about in the other recent alchemy thread? These too could lend an avenue for increasing skill.
  10. Deavirtus Lorekeeper

Thank you Ngreth!
    Would it be helpful at all to have others looking for the info as well? I'm not sure if EQTraders has that complete info anymore.
    Tkelah of Agnarr
  11. Krezzy Augur

Thank you, Ngreth.

When Alchemy skill was revamped, a big part of the underlying reason was the buggy nature of potion effects. In addition to either creating multiple recipe database versions to maintain, or else modifying the crafting requirements code, please be aware that you may also be reviving potion issues that the skill revamp swept under the rug.

Regardless of what you decide, I wish you luck. Effective, fun, and balanced crafting make EQ a much more robust and replayable game.
    snailish likes this.
  12. Ahze Elder

You are probably tired of hearing from me, but I sincerely thank you Ngreth for looking into this issue further.
  13. trollivesmatter Journeyman

Why?

Can you not just undo these recent changes and remove or tweak just the celestial healing distillates? It seems painfully obvious that you guys didn't actually understand the full scope of past alchemy changes in your crusade to Era-tize everything with this latest change.So you made a goof, it happens.

There are 7 pages of posts here all saying pretty much the same thing, there is nothing OP about any of these potions with the exception of the healing pots. Admit a mistake was made, 'fix' it, and deal with the single potion that is the problem. Reduce the heal amount, increase the timer, remove that 1 recipe line by itself, whatever. Would that not be easier than trying to ressurect a whole pile of long lost recipes that were removed/changed for whatever reasons? Sounds like you'll be opening up a whole new can of worms there. Nobody cares about pre vs post revamp recipes except the ERA crusaders at DB it would seem, people just want to make some pots to facilitate gameplay and level their alchemy.

Yes, restoring distillates might be a pile of work too, but at least you know what was done and how to undo it.
    Krezzy likes this.
  14. Darchon_Xegony Augur

This wasn't a mistake and it was a good call to remove the Clarity, Spiritualism and Alacrity potions as well as the healing ones. They're out of era and they don't belong on the server until DoN/PoR.
  15. GeauxTigers Elder

Good luck to Ngreth re-introducing the old ones. I imagine it will happen eventually but it ain't gonna be quick n easy.
    Krezzy likes this.
  16. Kahna Augur

So instead Ngreth is going to spend hours putting the old potions back in, potions that have the SAME EFFECT. People are getting the potions back. Just months from now and with a different name.
  17. Deavirtus Lorekeeper

They don't have the same effect though, the distillates really don't translate the old recipes well.
    @Ngreth Looking over old posts and such, I looks like until LDoN alchemy was hard capped at 200 though this was when you could only gain 5 skills per level over 24. (Not what I wanted to find but *shrug*) I am still looking through for GoD but I seem to remember being able to skill up to 300 then?
    LoY looks like when the awareness potions were added, though I can't figure out if the higher skills ones were active before they were changed to DoN drops with PoR.
  18. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Potion of Assailing - Haste Potion:

[883] Potion of Assailing
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 2m+ (20 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Melee Haste by 28%
    2: Increase STR by 14 (Decaying to 5 @ 1/tick)
    3: Increase AGI by 14 (Decaying to 5 @ 1/tick)

[6949] Elixir of Speed X
    Focusable: No
    Duration: 30m (300 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Melee Haste by 50%

Correct Era potion is a 2 minute 28% Haste buff. DoN/PoR potion is a 30 minute 50% Haste buff.

Potion of Dulsehound - Regen Potion:

[880] Dulsehound
    Duration: 3m+ (30 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Current HP by 6 per tick
    2: Increase STR by 18

[13291] Elixir of Replenishment X
    Mana: 100
    Casting: 6s, Recast: 1.5s
    1: Increase Current HP by 45 per tick

Correct era potion is 6 HP Regen for 3 min. DoN/PoR potion is 45 HP Regen for 30 min.

Potion of Undead's Recourse - HP Buff Potion:

[882] Undead's Recourse
    Duration: 3m+ (30 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Decrease Current HP by 1 per tick
    2: Increase STR by 11
    3: Increase Current HP by 150
    4: Increase Max HP by 145 (Decaying to 0 @ 5/tick)

[6939] Elixir of Health X
    1: Increase AC by 19
    2: Increase Max HP by 488

Correct era potion is a 150 HP buff for 3 min. DoN/PoR potion is a 488 HP buff for 30 min.

Etc. Etc.

They are not the same. It's clear the DoN/PoR pots are tuned for later EQ and the earlier ones for early EQ.
  19. discordkitty Augur

That is seriously awesome to see and much appreciated - thank you for sharing this information with us. I'm really happy to hear about it and hope to see it come to fruition in the near future! =)
  20. discordkitty Augur

I know it doesn't take long to check, but I thought I might provide you some links and save you some time if possible. EQTraders is one of my most favorite EQ sites from way back in the old days to present day. I remember when I first played EQ and was getting into tradeskills, I had a duotang with recipes printed out from EQTC as well as one for maps - back when you couldn't alt-tab out and look stuff up ;) Anyway, I ramble - here's what I found, I hope this helps!

Found under learn Original Alchemy, list of what combines would only work on TLP/were original

http://eqtraders.com/recipes/recipe...emy&sub=oldworld&sb=item&menustr=080010700000

Links to recipes that were listed specifically in this thread by other posters as being the old versions before the revamp that brought distillates into the picture and made them obsolete:

Potion of Assailing - http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=56179&menustr=035000000000

Potion of Dulsehound - http://eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=54465&menustr=080010700000

Potion of Undead's Recourse - (could not find on EQTC, Alla's link includes recipe in comments - circa 2003) http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=2572

Potion of Graveyard Dust - http://eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=54501&menustr=080010700000

Potion of Calimony - (Found on Alla's with that exact name, circa 2002 recipe in comments) http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=10445 (Found on EQTC under Stinging Wort with one ingredient being different - still marked as TLP combine) http://eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=54533&menustr=080010700000

Those are only direct links to the potions specifically mentioned in this thread. As you can see there are a lot more TLP only combines listed in the first link I provided. I just wanted to maybe be a little bit actually helpful to you in this effort.

Thanks again, the effort is truly appreciated.
    Krezzy and Ryak like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.