Chaotic Vortex in BoT broken

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Miark, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Roufas New Member

In Agnarr server (punt not intended) we tried a DZ first, then we went to the open world and we could not port up to Agnarr, after the patch.

We could before so yay.
    Jeisenne likes this.
  2. Repo New Member

Hey folks we had this issue as well - this happens in both DZ and open world, please take a look it's blocking progression for everyone.
    Jeisenne likes this.
  3. Repo New Member

Bump this is broken again as of the 2018-05-16 patch, instead of being a vendor he just doesn't port anyone up. This is the same in a DZ or open world.
    Jeisenne likes this.
  4. Prathun Developer

One of the dumbest things in our Codebase strikes again. This was a side effect of cleaning up bad merchant list data for the May update. Several NPCs that were extraplanar merchants, a the combination of which gave them teleportation powers, are no longer merchants. We are looking into a fix.
    Eaiana, Yinla, Tarvas and 1 other person like this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Got to love EQ code :)
  6. Prathun Developer

This should be fixed internally. Though there were more than a handful of NPCs that were until recently set up as extraplanar merchant teleporter types, only two appear to spawn and have valid teleport data.
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Don't leave us hanging, who is the other?
  8. dentalplan lisa needs braces

Possible to hotfix this Prathun? It's going to be pretty bad for the Agnarr server if planar progression is completely broken for another 30 days.
  9. Rage_Sk Journeyman

So in the fix for Rathe Council ... you broke the port up to Agnarr in BoT. The server's have been jacked up for the last 2 days. ... Also you may want to stop Askr from spawning an unlimited amount of vortex's...
  10. taliefer Augur

less rage, more description of the problem.

also, after they knowingly pushed a patch live last month that broke all instances on test and did the same on live, cant really be surprised at anything any more
  11. Rage_Sk Journeyman

Forgive me good sir if I was some how unclear, let me try to restate this in a manner that you may understand by grasping a firm hold of each cheek and inserting my cranium directly into my rectum.. After killing Emmerik Skyfury and saying storm to Askr, he spawns a chaos vortex. To port you up to Agnarr the storm lord's room. Currently my good fellow, you can not interact in any way with the chaos vortex, thus it is not possible to get to Agnarr.
  12. Eloin New Member

He is 100% correct concerning this bug. My guild tried to do this on Wednesday after the patch in a DZ and Open World. We could not port up to Agnarr, exactly as the poster stated. We did an open world Agnarr kill the day before the patch (Tuesday), so we knew exactly what we were doing.

The port up to Agnarr is broken, period.
    Jeisenne and Rage_Sk like this.
  13. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

You are right this bug sucks, and I hope they hotfix it for you soon. However, I can't even begin to understand how you have this level of forum incompetence. There's 2 threads (at least) addressing this problem, and already a response from Prathun that it's been fixed internally. What was that again about the devs' attitudes? Grow up.

14. Hober Journeyman

According to reddit the Rathe Council event is broken still as well. The poster claims that the council no longer respawns at all. Truth or fiction Agnarr?
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

Its probably best the servers just come down for a week while they figure this all out.
  16. Baldur Augur

That isn't necessarily broken. You only care about them respawning if you fail the event.

If all goes well and you kill all 12 within the time period then you don't care if they don't respawn.

Mobs in instances don't tend to respawn in AoCs.

You get 1 chance in the instance to succeed. That's not broken, that's probably what they intended.
  17. ShaggyGrant Journeyman

Not, you will fail because they aren't all killed in 7 minutes and you don't have a chance style of not respawning, but instead, single pull and kill all of them and win style of not respawning. Since the trigger for AOE is just having all of them dead.

Edit aka: there is no longer any challenge to this event.
  18. Hober Journeyman

No, the claim is that they don’t respawn at all no matter how long you take to kill each one. Thus, there is no time limit on the encounter and you can succeed even if it takes you 2 hours to pull and kill each individually.
  19. Fhiele Augur

Two guilds, including the one I am in, did Rathe Council on Wed with no problems. The other guild did with like..56, so props to them, we did it with 72. It was not "easy" by any means. Probably our hardest fight since the first time we did the "no pull emp to zone" emperor fight in Luclin.
  20. ShaggyGrant Journeyman

Ya, but you did it the right way before the bug was discovered