Buy and sell a few raid items ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yimin, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yimin Augur

Yes this is a great idea that token can be used at the raid merchant from ROS just not for armor ....

Yimin
  2. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Instead of a token, make the global ultra rare a 2 stack of raid coin! Same odds to drop! Then it’ll take em years to save up 204/209 coin to buy something!!!
  3. Numzan Augur

Its exactly what should have been said years ago too, Don't like it go raid. Go group get xps but stop whining all the time. Lots of guilds to join and get in under the DKP system like the rest of the servers. Players work hard to get to those raids. Want to keep being anti social? keep playing by yourself or with yourself.
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Oh. And... When we do make more ultra-rare loot, more likely to be "last expansion" stats but again I'm not promising it will never be current, it will 99% likely to be an exact copy of something except name identify-lore, no-drop status, and possibly icon/actor, simply to save time
    Yimin, DaciksBB and Allayna like this.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Out of curiosity, what are your thoughts about potentially making that stuff no drop? One of the issues with this currently is “farming” them becomes largely a profit making endeavor with virtually no risk, and encourages negative behavior via automation and cross server selling and junk. Go to any server’s Frontier mountains or join any general chat and you’ll see both are really quite common.

I realize the latter one is perfectly legal, but I can’t imagine your intent with these was that people would make a lvl 1 toon and server transfer it solely to trade one of these items, which does seem to be happening with some regularity.

And while I’m sure people would still try to sell the “loot rights” if they were no drop, it would likely still reduce the occurrence of that kind of thing and that wouldn’t be bad imo.

And there’s always the option to put the heirloom tag on it so people can pass it to another toon when the original looter out grows it.
  6. fortuneteller Augur

What prevent you from raiding, beside yourself ? There nobody that puts up a sign and say: You may not raid.

The raid items are for people WHO do take the effort to raid, which is why it is called raid items.

You as well as everyone can get raid items, but it requires that you do raiding.

For people WHO do raid you have to be raiding 5 days a week when an expansion comes out, to learn the raids, unless you in top guild which storms through. and during that time, you wipe wipe wipe, and have to keep up your xp during that time.

That thing will interfere with your RL, and in some cases an accepting family. You cannot just be away in beginning of the expansion, because you gotta put your weight, so you not just doing a freebe and holding the guild back.,

Being in a raid guild is just like a job, if you do not do what you expected, you fired.
  7. Lianeb Augur

Wtf sort of guild are you in??
    Allayna, EnchFWO and Yimin like this.
  8. Aurastrider Augur

So we agree on something raid items are for those who raid. Chase loot have raid stats but technically are not "raid" items. Since technically I could quit my job, divorce my wife and disown my children so I could raid I agree that technically I could raid if I wanted to but lack of in game effort has zero to do with why I don't raid or a lot of players for that matter. At the end of the day its not even an intelligent argument to think that its more sensible for someone who can raid and wants raid gear to try and obtain chase loot instead of raid gear. The time and effort trying to obtain it is significantly greater than just trying to raid even if you are raiding 5 nights a week for a couple of months in the beginning. You could spend 40 hours a week mass killing trying to obtain a chase loot item and get nothing while if you raid the same amount of time you will get raid gear unless your raid force is not sufficient to beat raids. I never suggested that being in a raid guild was easy or raiding was easy but comparing trying to obtain a full set of chase loot vs a full set of raid gear is not even close. One is just dumb luck and lots of time pulling the chase loot slot machine as many times as you can while the other is a guarantee if you are successful.
  9. Aurastrider Augur

The one issue I see with this is the fact that the loot tables are so large and the odds to actually get an item are so bad so if you are a tank and you get a caster item that would really suck to actually get a rare but not be able to use it. If there was a trade in option so you could turn that caster item into one that you could use I agree that the no trade tag would be nice but I would really be bummed if I finally got one to drop and then could not even use the darn thing. With them being tradable I could at least try to trade it with another player for an item I can use or sell it for kronos and then trade those for an item. This is the main reason why I mentioned a rare token instead of items so you actually can get a useful item instead of some random piece that maybe you can use or you have to go through the hassle of trying to trade it with other players for something usable.
  10. Yimin Augur

Even elite guilds allow for family time and your job people have a life outside EQ ! Case loots made it more enjoyable and exciting as a casual raider and or group player , in that one in a million chance you could get rare item , I loved it weapons were rare zone wide rares , as a Bst I had my raid weapon and the case loot weapon two 8k proc was sweet , they have since been reduced to 4k , so for those saying this was just for casual raiders or group players that was not the case , many raiders had a piece of case loot and looked forward to getting it by it dropping or buying it out right ...

Yimin
  11. Lianeb Augur

I want to know where the horror stories of guilds raiding 5 days a week comes from.

I said it before somewhere
    I don’t think any of the top 10 guilds raid more than 5 hours a week.
    Axxius, Allayna and Yimin like this.
  12. segap Augur

Tokens/currency are boring. it's a lot more exciting to get an actual item, even if you can't use it (but can at least trade it).

I'm not impacted at all by any cross-server selling, etc as I don't join any generic chat channels so I can't comment on how annoying that might be. It can't be any more so than the 2-3 people on the server that think that /general is their private chat server. The in game economy does need more than just tradeskill mats and gear though.
    Yimin likes this.
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

If they intended us to be able to get/camp something specifically, they wouldn’t have made it random. A trade in (even one time) would be difficult to balance and probably be abused - you loot the generic +25 all heroic ear and exchange it for the pet ear? Or you loot the priest 2hb and exchange it for the monk 2hb? That seems way too easy. Even one time and even with using a penalty like a 2 for 1 crush. Not to mention extra dev work for minimal gain.

I hear you though, rare before last we had drop was the 31dex belt. At first we thought yay, then realized it’s missing the boon focus, so it’s virtually worthless. So it goes with the RNG, and I can only assume this kind of randomness is intended given they can be obtained anywhere at any time regardless of the difficulty.
  14. Monkman Augur

Am I the only one that is getting frustrated every time Yimin says “case” loots... I chalked it up to typo the first few times. Now I think he actually thinks it’s called “case” loot
  15. Aurastrider Augur

Honestly the people buying and selling don't bother me at all especially during my playing time. Some nights they are the only active people in general chat and its nice to know there are other people with a pulse online. I agree we need more tradable gear in game. The new player made items are nice but we have not seen any mob drop gear since TDS with exception to the spells, a couple of bags some augs and of course the chase loot. I personally just don't like trying to sell in general as I don't want to be marked as one of those annoying people trying to sell things. I would much rather just play with my playing time but I know there are people that really enjoy the economic side of this game so the current chase loot system works well for them.
  16. Yimin Augur

This is why i never talked in guild chat , but I have always called it case loots , since it is raid level items ...

Yimin
  17. Lianeb Augur

I don’t get the coorelation
  18. Yimin Augur

I was a member of MS, I have since become a member of another guild on Xegony ....

Yimin
  19. EnchFWO Augur

It's just easier to try and not make sense of it. Your brain will thank you.
    Smokezz likes this.
  20. gotwar Gotcharms

Found this on youtube:

This dude's having trouble just getting bags on FV, and you're complaining about raid loots on normal ruleset servers, you halfling elitist.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.