Fell Foliage group mission difficulty

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elyssanda, May 17, 2018.

1. Elyssanda Bardbrain

ok, I am in the top 10 for bards server-wide, nearly completely ROS raid geared. The group I am in atm is EOK T2 geared or better (zerker has EOK/ROS raid gear) , 2 shamen, cleric, bard, warrior, and berzerker. Cactikki group mission for VP access for everyone but me, is tearing us apart. 3 healing classes cannot keep tank alive while we beat down the adds.
    I know Luclin had an issue with weird stuff after April patch where even though some servers saw the correct patch for Drusilla we were seeing selos speed Drusilla in Sathir's 2 who never stopped moving.. Could you possibly look at our Cactikki group HA to see if it is working as intended? A group mission that can't be handled by a decent group, and is required for VP access is only hurting non-raiders.
  2. Sancus Augur

You need more than one DPS class in a six person group....
    Sheex and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  3. Elyssanda Bardbrain

we swapped a shaman for a ranger..for ranged DPS
    we are doing over 500kdps before the ranger..
  4. Sancus Augur

500k DPS is really low for the duration that event would last. It's about what I expect from 1 group geared player without proper ADPS. From a whole group I'd expect about 2 million DPS.

For reference, this was on a fully group geared Mage on FV:
    Cactiikii in 50s, 26024k @520486sdps -- Sancus + pets 26024k@(520486dps in 50s)

The rest of the group was raid geared, but I'm pretty sure I was the highest on the parse. I'd guess in totality we had about 2 million DPS. Group was Warrior / Cleric / Bard / Mage / Mage / Beastlord. So I did have a bard, but no enc/dru/etc for ADPS. And since this mission is pretty trivial, it's not like all of us were trying super hard. I have much better parses, I just wanted one while I was still in all group gear.

Now the fight does favor ranged DPS, and healing it isn't as trivial with a group geared tank. But the point is doing 500k DPS as a group is really bad and is exacerbating all of your other issues. I think even a group geared tank can live for 50s against Cactiikii.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Derd Augur

Run two shouts, two insults, all your normal DPS songs make sure you hit funeral At beginning or after you kill the first add. Feirce eye, quick time, bladed song cacophony, third spire and of course BP click. You should be doing over 200 k just by yourself. Our group is SK beast-lord wizard bard shaman and druid or Merck. You shouldn't have to be killing more than two ads before its dead. Your tank should not need much healing if he is disking.
  6. segap Augur

Except it's obvious your group composition is borked for a straight out 70 second or less burn fight. Odds are your server is not special. By the way, the bard speed Drusilla was a random thing on all servers and one of the things I believe was addressed in the current nerfing by removing her random roaming.
  7. Lianeb Augur

Tell your tank to turn off attack if he is really that hard to heal. The reverse DS can eat you up.
    Allayna and svann like this.
  8. EQ Dev Developer

Moved posts discussing Fell Foliage out of the HA Scaling discussion to this thread.
    Sheex likes this.
  9. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Thank you. I was trying to figure out how to do this.
    Prathun likes this.
  10. segap Augur

The least I've beat this with is about 700k dps after all my melee suicided on the reverse damage shield. That took the fight out to about the limit before the third add spawns.

I've used both a group geared sk and war with a healer merc and no other healers. The incoming damage is not that much. The real damage is the reverse damage shield. The war had to tank without attacking.
  11. Elyssanda Bardbrain

the Zerker and I were pretty much IT for DPS.. on burst EOK raid geared zerker (missing ROS aa just came back) was hitting 600k, and I was over 200k.. we just don't have ranged DPS for this group. adding in the ranger did help, but not enough.
    The shaman and zerker do need VP key. and to get the Scaled key task, they need to have this done at least once.
  12. Elyssanda Bardbrain

they have their medallions, it's just the group tasks that are missing to get the Scaled Key task.
  13. Elyssanda Bardbrain

dropping all shaman adding in an enchanter, we finally beat it, but it's still a bit absurd to not be able to do this mission with a less than IDEAL group.. Oh and the tank died a LOT, so did the zerker.
    Dyna likes this.
  14. Greymantle Augur

You need , a solid tank, a good healer and preferably ranged dps. Then it is trivial.
  15. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I feel bad for family guilds, no wonder most of them aren't even venturing into ROS.
  16. Natal Augur

Players can do 500,000 damage per second routinely? Who the hell does that?
  17. Jaylin Augur

We ended up doing it with 3 dps a tank and 2 healer mercs. If you get get it dead before the adds make it invulnerable its not bad. Not sure how bad the adds are, i havent done the mission to much in the last 3 months.

Cactiikii in 65s, 89935k @1383610 --- Wizard 28069k@(460154 in 61s) --- Necromancer + pets 26425k@(419446 in 63s) --- ShadowKnight + pets 20089k@(309055 in 65s) --- Beastlord + pets 15352k@(243675 in 63s)
  18. Jyve Augur

Looks like I'll be waiting for lvl 120 and no HA scaling.
  19. EnchFWO Augur

Last time I checked family guild members could still group with those not in their guild... I see plenty of raiders LFG or willing to help others regularly that would be happy to do the mission(s).

The fact people can do this with healer mercs (post above) indicates this really isn't that hard; some planning and cycling in people for the progression requires some planning but is not nearly as stringent on class requirements as people would try and have you believe.
  20. segap Augur

All you need is three dps classes that can do from 250-300k burst dps each. Not a stretch for group geared players hitting every button available for a full on 60 second burn. No need to understand stacking or optimizations of any kind, just hit everything you have. The possible exception being Berserkers that might be better off not hitting the Dicho button of instant death.