Distillate Potions gone till PoR?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nuggziee, May 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nuggziee New Member

Thanks for at least looking into this Ngreth. Until then...

WTS Celeatial X potions 1k per!
  2. Remind Journeyman

this was a great idea to remove these. tbh though you really shouldnt have let people keep what they had.
  3. Arrk Augur

Sure, if they were going to reimburse people the tens of thousands of pp that was spent? Leaving the pots is the only option...

Also.... "fixes" like this, yet SK, ENC, Wizzie epics are still fubar bottlenecks...
  4. Hamedan New Member

The Gemmed Potion Vial required for these combines isn't available on Agnarr vendors.
  5. Risiko Augur

Shoot me over a copy of the database, and I will be more than happy to help you out there /(^.^)\
  6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I play on both Phinigel and Agnarr.

For Ragefire/Lockjaw if you didn't max off the easymode combines you'll have to just stock up on materials and wait for PoR to re-enable the combines. Yes it is a little unfortunate for someone who was waiting for OoW to max Alchemy and then make Augments, but other than that there wasn't much you were doing with Alchemy other than distillates. You can get to 244 off concentration potions no problem though.

Pre-OoW the max combine looks to be in the 250 range --- http://web.archive.org/web/20040821...my&sb=trivial&sub=potion&menustr=080010010000

Mostly because you couldn't go beyond 250 in a tradeskill until around OoW which increased the cap to 300. So just hang onto those components and when PoR unlocks those combines grind to 300 off your stache.
  7. Hateseeker Augur

What exactly is happening? What is the reason for the sudden string of tradeskill removals these past few months after those things were available on so so many TLP generations?

Are you removing things that from any point of view might make for a more "classic" experience, without checking whether it actually fits with decisions made decades ago? Some of them like the golden idols might more clearly be a bit ahead of their eras but it cannot be stressed enough that there have been many TLP generations come and go and only now is a huge effort being put into removing things? What's the goal here? P99 exists for those who want a fanatically Classic experience; TLP has always been a reasonably Classic experience, the changes that have been taking place suggest turning to a more fanatic interpretation...
  8. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Changed all distillates on allakhazam from I to XI to PoR. I'll assume XII and above are locked to their own expansions since the potions have a level requirement?
  9. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

No XI are in for PoR, atm.
  10. snailish Augur

Some changes along the way made things on live better.

Some of those things don't translate as well onto progression. Progression remains way too easy in the early expacs (original to LDoN). I say this as a very casual player, though I acknowledge raiders wanting more challenging in-era encounters --and challenge doesn't mean add tedium.

Some things were implemented later than actually needed, and thus fit better reassigned to an earlier era. I consider the progression process from Sleeper/Combine to today an continuing tuning arc --from that perspective they have done a pretty amazing job.

Some things remain overpowered and/or unbalanced. Some of these appear to be too much work to bother with, mess up the live game, or are not impactful enough across eras to be addressed yet if ever.

Seems like potions finally hit the "This is too much, too early and we can fix it now" stage. Good. Nice of them not to take away ones people already had. Monetizing out of the store is a valid reason too (even if some of us players don't like that angle --they are a business).

However, making tradeskills meaningful and viable original to PoR, by era for each era, would be a nice project to see happen.
  11. taliefer Augur

potions filled a void on old eq of having basically no worthwhile consumables. they werent added as part of an expansion, and removing them seems kinda silly to me.

if they felt the heal over time pots were too strong, id much rather see them just make the reuse longer than remove all potions.

i am not liking this trend of them removing things based on the timeline they were originally added. thats too much like P99 to me.
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

Was there really any need to nerf anything other than the 65 hot poyion? Like it was no secret everyone used mana pots... it didn't break anything. But now agnarr hits Time and the hot pots musta been the reason there was anyone looking at an otherwise fine tradeskill.
  13. Hateseeker Augur

10+ years later we have time to fix it, so might as well? Seems like it just causes a lot more negativity than helps the game -
  14. discordkitty Augur

They've shown time and time again, they don't care about what infuriates their customer base and we keep giving them our money.
  15. RandomStrategy Augur

So the original combine for the haste potions (cyclops eye and bugbane) no longer work since they were converting to Distillates of Alacrity IV. So, there goes haste potions altogether unless you spend real life monies.
  16. Ahze Elder

Dingdingding, we have a winner. Some sharpie figured out they might sell more 100 dbg cash potions for haste and clarity if they take away the in game options. Just like slowing down xp to foster xp potion sales. Too bad there isnt a paid for beastcrack option, Hey there is a suggestion for you guys, something else to sell!

The only effectual protest is to not purchase such items or cancel accounts.

Screw the customer at every opportunity is the motto for this company.
  17. taliefer Augur

ya know, this makes me even slightly more irked they removed the buff distillates by saying they are "out of era" but still sell the damn things on the SC store.
    tankNspank, Fumi-chan and Hateseeker like this.
  18. snailish Augur

Some of the changes in isolation it is easy to see as negatives. If the overall goal is more challenging progression then this potion change is a step in the right direction (but not a complete step all by itself).

Maybe the person(s) that wouldn't let something be "fixed" ten years ago are no longer blocking that effort.

Maybe progression has become so important to the overall $$$ picture that what was once an unneeded change is suddenly a higher priority for any number of reason$$$.

Maybe they just figured out an easy way to change something (in some cases --likely doesn't apply to the potion example specifically).

Maybe it has been on the same person(s) to-do list for 10 years and finally got into the window of "time to do it and high enough on the list to do next". We know the devs don't all work on the same things at the same time and sometimes what is the obvious top of the players' list isn't getting done yet but dev #4 got through 6 things on their list and they all made it into the patch and most of the other devs got 2 things or less in the same patch.
  19. That One Guy Augur

Anyone check to make sure you can still buy 4 hour levitate/sow potions that can't be dispelled and persist through death?

I sure hope they didn't take those out! They bring back so many memories from classic EQ.
    HoodenShuklak and -xeus- like this.
  20. Kahna Augur

I see the opposite, as the changes add up they seem more and more negative. The ZEM balancing for example, it's not going to do what they think it will, it's just making the game a little bit more tedious. This distillate nerf, other than the HoT potions, which were a smidge OP, doesn't make the game more challenging it just makes it more tedious. Instead of paying a shaman so I can carry 4 hours of slightly less than KEI mana regen in my pocket, now I have to run to the nexus and pay some random enchanter for 4 hours of KEI that I may or may not even get the full use out of. Not more difficult, just more tedious. (and don't pull the "fosters community interaction" card. If I can't remember someone's name 5 minutes after they cast the spell on me that was not a meaningful player interaction worthy of being fostered.)

This tedium was done away with in the game FOR A REASON. Mostly because few people actually enjoyed it. Less with the changes that increase the tedium level in this already horrible tedious game. Please.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.